Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

+1 🫶🏼 (( @dani negreanu ))  I would like to echo Bonnie's message to you and your family.  All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏🏼

❤️ Sue

(Bonnie, you always seems to be able to express the thoughts that I'm thinking much better than I can. Thank you!)

What a lovely thing to say BUT you express yourself very well yourself.  Great minds think alike, right?

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@sgmn +1  Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, Sue!  

I wish this to you and Jack, also, Bonnie!❤️

Thank you, Maryann!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I had the flu jab in my right arm and COVID vaccine in my left arm.

Afterwards we got ham and cheese toasties and coffee and went to one of our local beaches.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day.

IMG_20241003_123238.jpg

Both arms was a good idea. I had them both in the same arm, and it was sore for a couple of days. Never experienced that with one shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven't posted much in the past week due to technical difficulties & just being busy with life.  My 8 year-old laptop decided to suddenly quit working without warning. One second, I'm happily typing away and then, *poof* laptop is dead. No warning messages, no weird sounds or excessive fan noise, not even the infamous "Blue Screen of Death". Even the little indicator light that is lit when plugged in doesn't light up (and yes, it is plugged in 🙂).  I'll drop it off tomorrow at a repair shop for diagnosis and repair and/or data recovery.  After all, does anyone really back up their computers? 😇

I have been able to somewhat follow along on my phone to "Like/Laugh" at posts but feel more comfortable responding from a bigger keyboard. So here are a few things I wanted to catch up on from the past week now that I have a "spare" laptop.

On 10/2/2024 at 4:01 AM, dani negreanu said:

Thank you everyone, too many to mention in my limited time here in Amsterdam.

I’m sure that all your prayers got us in the last flight from Israel before the airport was closed down due to the missile attack.

We and our eldest son were waiting at the airport (after going through another air raid in the morning) for our delayed again and again flight to Amsterdam, in order to spend the Jewish New Year with our youngest son and his family. Our DIL will swap places with us for the 2nd half of the holidays.

We were not aware of the “news” until mid flight, when the purser recognized our eldest from his days as a FA, and told him what happened…

Again, your prayers and thoughts are much appreciated— no one from our closest was impacted. A big THANK YOU to all ❤️

@dani negreanu  So glad to see you out of harms way, fingers crossed that things will settle down a bit when you return. Any chance you can "accidentally" lose your passport and have to stay an extra 6 months or so?

On 9/29/2024 at 3:55 PM, h20skibum said:

So, I have a question for those of you who get the Deluxe Beverage Package from Royal Caribbean.  

The conjecture is that at least a couple of those states (NY and CA) have laws that do not permit all you can drink packages.  I would have to think that some legal action was threatened for them to come out with this policy.  

Has there been any talk of Royal doing this for sailings from those states?  I haven’t seen anyone mention it here. 

I recently read an article about this as well. Royal is not affected by NY laws as they sail out of NJ. As for CA, perhaps @Tree_skier or soon @Sea Dog will be able to comment.

On 10/1/2024 at 5:48 AM, h20skibum said:

Ricky is glad October is here so he can wear this.

IMG_7421.thumb.jpeg.e2c7a2a71bd6b86e188ced0158e05778.jpeg

On 10/1/2024 at 6:42 AM, A&L_Ont said:

I don’t think Lucy would be up for this. 

@Ocean Boy do you think Jade would allow this to happen, or would you lose some skin to laws in the procedure?

Leonard won't even let us put a flea/tick collar on him. my step daughter had the bright (i.e. silly) idea of buying him a vest so she can attach a leash to walk him outside as he has a strong desire to be outside. After spending 30 minutes trying to get the vest on him while he does his best little wiggle worm impression, he'll just cling to the Mother Earth for dear life while we take him for a drag.  After a few tries, we gave up.

19 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

(Bonnie, you always seems to be able to express the thoughts that I'm thinking much better than I can. Thank you!)

Totally agree @BonTexasNY

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

After spending 30 minutes trying to get the vest on him while he does his best little wiggle worm impression, he'll just cling to the Mother Earth for dear life while we take him for a drag.  After a few tries, we gave up.

Haha! Cats. You're just trying to give him what he really wants (outside time), and he freaks the heck out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Yes, I use Carbonite cloud service to back up mine, which turned out to be a life-saver the last time our computer died without warning.

I use Carbonite also.  I don't use the Cloud and prefer to keep all my files on my computer locally.  Several times it has really saved me.  Plus super easy when getting a new computer to download all my files.  I also have an external hard drive I use to back up all my photos.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 6

No peace and quite for me and the Siamese my wife wanted to do a total remodel of one of the bathrooms that should never uses , we could have done something sensible like booking a penthouse suite for a week . At least it will not take as long as the kitchen did last year. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

recently read an article about this as well. Royal is not affected by NY laws as they sail out of NJ. As for CA, perhaps @Tree_skier or soon @Sea Dog will be able to comment.

I didn't purchase it relying on my Diamond drinks instead. However, it was for sale while onboard the ship and is for sale on all (3) of my future Navigator sailings out of LA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I didn't purchase it relying on my Diamond drinks instead. However, it was for sale while onboard the ship and is for sale on all (3) of my future Navigator sailings out of LA.

Hey Dave did you you ever get a selfie with you and bartender Michael at the Sky Bar so I can recognize him and drop your name? 

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good luck!!

They won again. They are now 3 wins with no loses. Coin toss. 

IMG_7197.thumb.jpeg.54e3f59cea4dcb6dfb9bea4d6e25e431.jpeg

Post game huddle. We beat the team with possibly the best QB in all of Ontario. We were down 7-3 until the final 2:30 of the game. What a win. 

IMG_7204.thumb.jpeg.80d2acb63f034b7fcd4373a9d6581f0e.jpeg

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

No school today?  Have a great game, Owen!🏈

He got out of school to play, the same as all game days. Here in Canada the football games happen during school hours. Hockey happens at night. 😉

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

For @Ocean Boy who i believe a fan of our critters.  Who needs fridge magnets when you get visitors like these?  A family member had a visitor to their kitchen this week…

19240290-5C1B-4C7A-BFC3-93958649C551.jpeg.3547c37b2f4d270dcb7f3323073770c9.jpeg

Oh dear, what kind of spider is this? I would have to change my shorts if I saw this on my fridge 😱

• Haha 6