Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Absolutely!  Sitting Indian Style.   (Are we allowed to refer to it that way anymore?)

When my son was in school twenty years ago, they had changed it to "criss-cross applesauce" style.

Still Indian Style in my head!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Well it was 39 degrees outside this morning.  It was 71 degrees inside so the heat was turned on.  Even the cats didn't want to be on their catico this morning.

Love the term "catio"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, derorim said:

Love the term "catio"

They have a large enclosed area on our back porch.  My husband made a large jungle gym out of wood for them.  They can access it from a cat door in our bedroom.  They like to sharpen their claws out there and leave our furniture alone.

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Well it was 39 degrees outside this morning.  It was 71 degrees inside so the heat was turned on.  Even the cats didn't want to be on their catico this morning.

You turned the heat on at 71°.🫨🫨🫨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We are in the low 40s outside, under blankets refuse to turn the heat on.  Supposed to warm back up next week.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You turned the heat on at 71°.🫨🫨🫨

I have a narrow window of comfortable Temps inside.  72 to 74.  Anything other then that the air or heat is turned on.  My mother always said I was a hothouse plant and I guess she was right.  It doesn't cost us anymore to run the heat then the air and I pay the bill so comfortable it is.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Spent part of yesterday snorkeling at Sky Reef in Cozumel.  

462784368_10160408173846905_26367883420999397_n.jpg.8e649ce7dd5e6d35d3d0840f7c66d28c.jpg

Today is Maya Chan at Costa Maya.... aka my second home.  Should be able to debark in the next half hour.... I can't wait to be back!

Cozumel is one of my favorite ports been there about 20 times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Spent part of yesterday snorkeling at Sky Reef in Cozumel.  

462784368_10160408173846905_26367883420999397_n.jpg.8e649ce7dd5e6d35d3d0840f7c66d28c.jpg

Today is Maya Chan at Costa Maya.... aka my second home.  Should be able to debark in the next half hour.... I can't wait to be back!

Enjoy your day! 

Perhaps you can gain some local insight into Perfect Day Mexico?

• Like 1

Good afternoon from a 59°F and cloudy North East England.

We called at our local cemetery and put flowers 🌹 on Pauline's grandparents grave and also on her baby brother's grave.

Tomorrow it will be 6 years in heaven for Pauline's wonderful late mam who would have been 102.

Our parents were cremated and we have their ashes at home but tomorrow we will go to the remembrance room at our city's crematorium to read Ruth's name in the remembrance book and leave personal messages in a book in the remembrance room.

This photo was 17 years ago near the Statue of Christ overlooking the April 25th bridge in Lisbon Portugal during a cruise.

Screenshot_20240512_190313.jpg

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon from a 59°F and cloudy North East England.

We called at our local cemetery and put flowers 🌹 on Pauline's grandparents grave and also on her baby brother's grave.

Tomorrow it will be 6 years in heaven for Pauline's wonderful late mam who would have been 102.

Our parents were cremated and we have their ashes at home but tomorrow we will go to the remembrance room at our city's crematorium to read Ruth's name in the remembrance book and leave personal messages in a book in the remembrance room.

This photo was 17 years ago near the Statue of Christ overlooking the April 25th bridge in Lisbon Portugal during a cruise.

Screenshot_20240512_190313.jpg

So beautiful 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have a narrow window of comfortable Temps inside.  72 to 74.  Anything other then that the air or heat is turned on.  My mother always said I was a hothouse plant and I guess she was right.  It doesn't cost us anymore to run the heat then the air and I pay the bill so comfortable it is.

I'm the same.  AC comes on if it's above 74.  Heat now comes on if it's below 72.  We do lower the temp to 68 at night for sleeping.  We had been in AC only mode, but I switched to AC/Heat mode a couple of days ago when the outside air temps couldn't get the house back up to 74 in the morning.  

• Like 3

On 10/15/2024 at 11:15 PM, perfect match said:

DH graduated from Sheepshead Bay in 62. I’ll have to ask him about Rainbow Lanes. He’s a bowler so my guess is that he went there frequent. I did not know him back then so I’ll have to ask.

I grew up in CT and swore I’d never become one of those people who were always cold and always took a jacket everywhere. Then we moved to Florida. 20 years later here I am hauling my jacket around everywhere! 😂 I like to blame the fact that it’s so hot and humid throughout the year that you’re hot and sweaty whenever you’re outside. Then, all wet and sweaty you go into a place like a restaurant with the AC on full blast and I’m sitting still at a table so yes, I’m cold and on goes the jacket. Or, I could just admit that I’m getting older and I get cold easier but I really don’t want to do that! So, here I am turned into that person I said I was never going to be. 😱😂

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my closest friends graduated Sheepshead Bay HS in 1962.

Unfortunately he passed away from Pancreatic Cancer in 2009 but I am still in regular contact with his wife and children.

His initials were S.B. 
This is a reply to Perfect Match.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 1

Yesterday morning I went to a LI Hospital to take a test to determine if a growth on my hand is malignant.I left the facility at 11AM .The Technician said that my doctor should have the results by Friday.

I assumed it would more likely be Monday .

The Hand Surgeon just called me .He said great news ,not malignant .He could remove the growth but he said it was not necessary to do so in his opinion.

• Like 15