Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I guess they're right. I am still processing the diagnosis. It is high enough that most of a scar will be covered by shorts. 

The tech said they only do MOHS on the head, neck and chest. 

I will say my dad had many MOHS done on his legs. So this is a fairly recent change. He golfed and I played tennis in the dallas hot sun. Now paying for it. 

Eye doctor said excellent results. Ok. Not perfect but he says excellent. I used to read close in better than now. One more check up where he warned he will dilate my eyes... making driving home a little tricky right after. 

CPA not answering their phone. I drove by and was closed. I assumed lunch but still they dont answer. Getting close to april 15, .. this is why I didnt move sooner. .. all these taxes to file on mom and dad and me and my sister. Mom passed last year so taxes for last year need to be filed NOW. I guess I'll drive up there again. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The prices listed are in Pesos... 

59 minutes ago, Coralc said:

$12.17 in US dollars. The $200 is Pesos. Very reasonable. 

Agree pesos, but a lot more than 200?

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad you are still here.

Thanks for the recommendation. The food pics look amazing. We will be on Navigator out of San Pedro this October. We ended up booking a Royal excursion in Ensenada called "Ensenada Taste of Mexico and Margarita Madness." So imagine we will get quite full but we would like to cruise out of LA again.

My biggest frustration is that we are coming into LA two days early because I am a huge Tiki fan and wanted to visit some Tiki bars. Unfortunately where we are staying at the Double Tree in San Pedro nothing is close to there except one in Long Beach. All the others are over an hour away. I don't really want to rent a car because drinking Tiki drinks and driving in an unfamiliar town do not mix. We have some friends that live there but they way live way up north. I wish LA was smaller, oh well. We will at least have the Bamboo Room on Navigator.

LA traffic is the worst!  It's gridlock most of the day but later in the evening I'll be doing 75 mph on the 10 and I'll regularly be passed like I'm standing still.  There is no speed enforcement at all on any major highway that I have ever seen.

That being said I'm loving living here... There is so much to do all the time.  You'll have to explain to me what a tiki bar is vs. a regular bar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I just found out this morning that I have a squamous cell carcinoma on my thigh. Bummer. The doctor will be doing an excision later in the month. 

If you have to have a skin cancer that is the better one to get... if that helps at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I will say my dad had many MOHS done on his legs. So this is a fairly recent change. He golfed and I played tennis in the dallas hot sun. Now paying for it. 

Eye doctor said excellent results. Ok. Not perfect but he says excellent. I used to read close in better than now. One more check up where he warned he will dilate my eyes... making driving home a little tricky right after. 

CPA not answering their phone. I drove by and was closed. I assumed lunch but still they dont answer. Getting close to april 15, .. this is why I didnt move sooner. .. all these taxes to file on mom and dad and me and my sister. Mom passed last year so taxes for last year need to be filed NOW. I guess I'll drive up there again. 

I went to see my accountant today. I'll probably be drinking tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Southampton is a 315 mile drive for me.

The last few times we have stopped halfway there and stopped overnight in a hotel then drove to Southampton the next day and stayed overnight in Southampton before getting on our cruise the following day.

Driving home we stay in our halfway hotel again.

"Breaking" the long drive is very clever.

Our "standard procedure" is to arrive at least 2 days before a cruise sailing from Europe and at least 3 days from US.

For the Bella 2.0, we aim to book a direct flight which will land us early morning of January 30th, for the February 2nd sailing date 🤞

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Our "standard procedure" is to arrive at least 2 days before a cruise sailing from Europe and at least 3 days from US.

For the Bella 2.0, we aim to book a direct flight which will land us early morning of January 30th, for the February 2nd sailing date 🤞

I am so excited you will be on Bella 2.0 I can't wait to be able to say Hi in person.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am so excited you will be on Bella 2.0 I can't wait to be able to say Hi in person.

Same here, Karen.

I really hope we'll make it. Some many obstacles along the way.............😢

18 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks, just wondering where @dani negreanu was seeing 200, which would certainly be a bargain!

I've looked at the first item on the left side of the menu (small letters). Saw something starting with 2.... Got a "sticker shock" and, instead of "dwelling" on the other items, decided best to ask if it's US $.

Didn't mean to "confuse" you, sorry.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2024 at 11:19 PM, HBE4 said:

I forgot to play a special Playlist. "Here Comes the Sun", "Paint it Black", "Total Eclipse of the Heart"...

Bonnie Tyler was on the radio this morning.  In her 70s now,  'Total Eclipse of the Heart' just came back into the charts 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The only problem is the RCI app on my phone.  Like you, computer works fine.

Bonnie, why don't you try to uninstall the app and after a few minutes install it again.  Perhaps that will work for you?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 6:26 PM, dani negreanu said:

As of 2 hours ago, Bella is no longer suffering. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes.

Oh my goodness, what a shock She was the sweetest little pup.  How awful for John and Laura.  😔

RIP little Bella

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I don’t think 315 miles for a one day drive is bad.  When we make our drive to Florida each winter, we break it into three 400 mile segments. 

Of course, depending on how bad traffic is, even short distances could take a long time.  I was just reading about the 12 hour traffic backups on the interstate in New Hampshire after the eclipse.  Sounded like people faced some challenges with that.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I guess they're right. I am still processing the diagnosis. It is high enough that most of a scar will be covered by shorts. 

The tech said they only do MOHS on the head, neck and chest. 

Best of luck, Pat!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The only problem is the RCI app on my phone.  Like you, computer works fine.

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, why don't you try to uninstall the app and after a few minutes install it again.  Perhaps that will work for you?

If you do this I'd also recommend shutting down and restarting your phone.  I've had better success solving app issues with this rather than just deleting the app and reinstalling it again.  Some explained it had to do with memory cache or some such thing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

You'll have to explain to me what a tiki bar is vs. a regular bar.

A tiki bar is a restaurant and bar that is Polynesian in theme. They have lavish tropical decors and serve exotic and very potent cocktails. The first one in the US was in Hollywood was started by a man Ernest Raymor Gantt named the Beachcomber. After that another man Victor Burgeron came along and started the Trader Vic’s franchise and was  the inventor of the Mai Tai. Sadly most of those restaurants are gone in LA but the original Tiki Ti and the Tonga Room are still going strong. The Royal Hawaiian Laguna Beach is another very famous one along with Strongwater in Anaheim as well as Disney’s Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Bar.

Probably more information you ever wanted to know but you did ask.😉

Mahalo my friend. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A tiki bar is a restaurant and bar that is Polynesian in theme. They have lavish tropical decors and serve exotic and very potent cocktails. The first one in the US was in Hollywood was started by a man Ernest Raymor Gantt named the Beachcomber. After that another man Victor Burgeron came along and started the Trader Vic’s franchise and was  the inventor of the Mai Tai. Sadly most of those restaurants are gone in LA but the original Tiki Ti and the Tonga Room are still going strong. The Royal Hawaiian Laguna Beach is another very famous one along with Strongwater in Anaheim as well as Disney’s Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Bar.

Mahalo my friend. 

Very informative, if that question ever ends up on Jeopardy  I will be ready. 😉

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I just found out this morning that I have a squamous cell carcinoma on my thigh. Bummer. The doctor will be doing an excision later in the month. 

Best wishes. Be well.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Mahalo my friend. 

Could this one possibly meet the criteria.  

https://www.secretisland.shannonscorner.com

I'd love to meet there if the schedule could cooperate.   🤪

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Are you staying on for Bella 2.5?  I hope so I would love to meet you in person. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Could this one possibly meet the criteria.  

https://www.secretisland.shannonscorner.com

I'd love to meet there if the schedule could cooperate.   🤪

Yes that’s one my list to visit too while we are there along with the Bamboo Club, both in Long Beach. Love to meet up. We will be there Wednesday October 16th and Thursday October 17th. I can give you my cell. Email me at gpsteele7 at g mail dot com.