Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

nd found this cute deco on the wall next to my seat.  Thought it was tile at first.  Soooo OK...now you can do something with that beer bottle cap collection!  😄 

All those bottle caps reminds me when we use to shoot bottle caps (beer and soda) at each other. What a great talent. 😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to bring this thread down but I have been reading, with horror, about another school shooting in an Arlington, TX (19 miles from Ft. Worth) HS.  4 injured, 3 in the hospital, 1 declined hospital care.   Happened inside a classroom when 2 students argued and one drew a gun.  Suspect escaped and is armed and dangerous. Please keep all affected in your prayers.

There used to be no safer place for our kids than school.

The shooter has been arrested. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Well, I had a non routine day here, actually, the whole weekend was very non routine for me.

Without any further ado, I would like all of you to meet Oliver.

Nice to meet you, Oliver, you're a handsome guy 🥰

18 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I am now a grandmother!  

His lungs seem to be very healthy! 

😁 😁

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@LucasLikesToCruiseWelcome Oliver!

@StanleyandGusCongratulations!!

Heartfelt wishes to the newly minted grandparents and young parents 🌷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Total small world.  So you must have attended Clarkstown North HS?  My daughter was there in 10th grade and finished HS here in TX.

There was a wonderful restaurant we frequented in Nyack on Main St. very close to Broadway, great river views.  My friend lived in Nyack and opened a collectable shop on Main St. and sold wonderful "old" stuff which no longer exists.  She had a box of sepia pictures with a sign "instant ancestors" She also had a box filled with white pearl necklaces with a sign "Barbara Bush pearls".  It was next to a large restaurant with round windows that made me think of a boat.

You are correct! Clarkstown North, Go Rams!! LOL. I'm pretty sure I graduated long before your daughter was even born.

Growing up in Rockland, I saw Nyack go thru several transformations. From slightly run-down, time-passed-it-by village in the late '60s & early 70's where my parents would take me to the 5-and-dime (aka Woolworths) to buy Ked sneakers or Buster Brown shoes and my farter lamenting they no longer had an ice cream counter (where he'd sit while my mother shopped), then in the '80's Nyack had quite the lively bar scene where I spent many a night I no longer remember to the antique/artsy village it is today. It helps that many media and entertainment stars from NYC live in and around the Nyack/Piermont/Alpine area that it keeps the money flowing in.

Try as I might, I can not remember a restaurant with round windows overlooking the Hudson River.  Then again, it could have been one of those fun nights I don't remember.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

HAHA That's my SIL's pride and joy.  The Corvette not the tree. 😉 He collects and restores cars. So far, 7 that I know of. My favorite is a neon green Charger he keeps in his grandmother's garage.  

I think I posted this photo before but can't hurt posting again.  3 of his beauties in front of their house.  4 if you count his wife, my daughter !

cars.thumb.jpg.dcd4c1fb7f6644e471dd9cef70fa225d.jpg

Your SIL has done well for himself with all 4 beauties (nice house & gazebo too).😊

With regards to the 3 restored beauties, I remember when they were brand new. Heck, I remember seeing the as "concept cars of the future" at the New York Auto Show years before they were produced for the public.

Is that a sign I'm getting old? 🤔

• Like 5

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

This is what I think is a unique thread. 

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Great post. I was a bit unclear why someone who "lost interest in the thread a long time ago" bothered to make that posting.

I admit to being baffled too.... ☹️ ... and, this time, I'm not blaming my English 😎

6 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Thanks for the encouragement, but I don't really feel in-the-loop on this thread and just really aren't that interested in the casual and diverse conversation .... That similar thread over on the Viking forum I have no interest in either. 

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was too, which is why I posted my lengthy one.

The wonderful essence about any online activity is that it feeds everyone's souls differently.

Maybe one day, you'll find something that will hold your interest as this thread holds mine.

Yes, carry on!

Bonnie, you have a way with words. Well said.👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Butterfly Bush- Buddleja They are pretty, and attract lots of butterflies. But they get huge and woody. 

They sure do!  Ours also attracts many bees.  Jim usually trims the butterfly bush as well as the crepe myrtle...in the Fall..they both get so huge!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

Sending you all the positive thoughts I have.  Hugs to you and Charlie.

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Same thoughts from this house. 

@DaniDanielle

+ 3  Marietta and Charlie, hugs from the Holy Land.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous flower.  

@derorim

+ 1 Thanks for posting such a beauty, good for the soul.🌷

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hope Dani can provide further info:  When I was in Israel and saw a lizard climb up 

my MIL's living room wall, I shrieked and told her to get rid of it. 

She refused saying that they bring good luck and to leave it alone.  

Sometimes, MILs are right 😉

We have some in the kitchen, living room, not to mention the balcony. First time I saw one, I frowned and called the "exterminator".....

He had one look at it and said: "they're friendly and bring luck, leave them be...".

------------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the shooting.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A question for the people who live in NJ or spent time on the Jersey shore in the early 70’s

There was an ice cream parlor that we called The White House but I do not think it was the real name. I am trying to recall the real name but I cannot.They sold the best ice cream that I ever ate and it was always mobbed.

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

Maybe this one? I am horrible at geography but enjoy googling. Day's Ice Cream in Ocean Grove, NJ. It was a white house.:

http://www.daysicecream.com/

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think I have the answer since I just asked Mike. A place in Love Ladies next to the Long Beach Island Art Foundation. It had an ice cream bar where you could put your own toppings on. He also knew it as the White House and it was on the corner of Tidal Dr. and Long Beach Boulevard. Looks like there is a house there now.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was called the Dairy Cottage.     I remember going there many times since we spent our summers in LBI every year.    Now that you mention this it was a big White House.    I will have to see if I can find any photos of online.     

Maybe this is the place Lenny was speaking about.    @lenquixote66

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow,I think that is it.Thanks so very much

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just told somebody else that they were right for a different answer but since he remembers this known as the White House maybe this is it.😀

None of the answers, however, fit the criteria of "Not LBI" and on Route 9.  Unless Days Ice Cream is on Route 9 and is also known as Pitman Ave??

See if you can find it among the 34 pictures in this link. Some are real old!

https://www.nj.com/news/2015/05/vintage_photos_of_ice_cream_parlors_in_nj.html 

I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I admit to being baffled too.... ☹️ ... and, this time, I'm not blaming my English 😎

All I know is you all have stepped up for Charlie and myself.  I just told him all the good thoughts you all have sent our way and he says Thank You.  I understand people may feel this thread means nothing to them but they should move on and leave us to it!!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

All those bottle caps reminds me when we use to shoot bottle caps (beer and soda) at each other. What a great talent. 😄

We used  bottle caps to play skelly.

Skullys Game Ad - YouTube

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The shooter has been arrested. 

Oh good!  I'll check online news.  Jack is watching some nonsense stuff of tv.

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You are correct! Clarkstown North, Go Rams!! LOL. I'm pretty sure I graduated long before your daughter was even born.

Growing up in Rockland, I saw Nyack go thru several transformations. From slightly run-down, time-passed-it-by village in the late '60s & early 70's where my parents would take me to the 5-and-dime (aka Woolworths) to buy Ked sneakers or Buster Brown shoes and my farter lamenting they no longer had an ice cream counter (where he'd sit while my mother shopped), then in the '80's Nyack had quite the lively bar scene where I spent many a night I no longer remember to the antique/artsy village it is today. It helps that many media and entertainment stars from NYC live in and around the Nyack/Piermont/Alpine area that it keeps the money flowing in.

Try as I might, I can not remember a restaurant with round windows overlooking the Hudson River.  Then again, it could have been one of those fun nights I don't remember.

Your SIL has done well for himself with all 4 beauties (nice house & gazebo too).😊

With regards to the 3 restored beauties, I remember when they were brand new. Heck, I remember seeing the as "concept cars of the future" at the New York Auto Show years before they were produced for the public.

Is that a sign I'm getting old? 🤔

The restaurant with the round windows was on Main St. just before you get to Broadway as you walk toward the river.  It was painted blue and white with round windows. The restaurant we frequented I think was Hudson House, close to the river.  I checked their menu.  This surprised me:

A CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE FEE OF 3.2% IS APPLIED TO ALL SALES. PRICING SHOWN BELOW IS THE CASH PRICE.

My daughter and SIL searched quite awhile for a house with property to hold most of his cars, The one they bought is perfect.  Corner property with driveways on both streets sort of circling around the back of the property. 

You are NOT getting old.  You're just getting more mature! As I am! 

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle

+ 3  Marietta and Charlie, hugs from the Holy Land.

@derorim

+ 1 Thanks for posting such a beauty, good for the soul.🌷

Sometimes, MILs are right 😉

We have some in the kitchen, living room, not to mention the balcony. First time I saw one, I frowned and called the "exterminator".....

He had one look at it and said: "they're friendly and bring luck, leave them be...".

------------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the shooting.

Oh well, my MIL DID raise a great son.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to bring this thread down but I have been reading, with horror, about another school shooting in an Arlington, TX (19 miles from Ft. Worth) HS.  4 injured, 3 in the hospital, 1 declined hospital care.   Happened inside a classroom when 2 students argued and one drew a gun.  Suspect escaped and is armed and dangerous. Please keep all affected in your prayers.

There used to be no safer place for our kids than school.

My niece had two of her high school daughters in a school in Denver area with a shooting last year , the youngest changed schools this year she didn’t want to return, the oldest is in college, way too many guns on the street.

• Like 2

They said a couple of days.  He has an appointment next Wednesday with the cancer doctor but hoping we hear before that.  He has a rare, slow growing cancer that started in the pancreas 17 years ago.  About 7 years ago it popped up in the liver.  They say something else will kill him before this does but waiting on results is a killer itself🤢

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, George C said:

My niece had two of her high school daughters in a school in Denver area with a shooting last year , the youngest changed schools this year she didn’t want to return, the oldest is in college, way too many guns on the street.

Just awful.

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They said a couple of days.  He has an appointment next Wednesday with the cancer doctor but hoping we hear before that.  He has a rare, slow growing cancer that started in the pancreas 17 years ago.  About 7 years ago it popped up in the liver.  They say something else will kill him before this does but waiting on results is a killer itself🤢

Positive thinking along with prayers that all is okay.   

I sure hope you don't have to wait till next Wednesday to find out the results.   That would drive me bonkers and it's a short drive - Ha!

The stress we go thru with these guys, it's a wonder any of us get any sleep.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

All I know is you all have stepped up for Charlie and myself.  I just told him all the good thoughts you all have sent our way and he says Thank You.  I understand people may feel this thread means nothing to them but they should move on and leave us to it!!!!

We are here you you and Charlie. Strength in numbers.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So, so, so easy to simply move on if one is not interested.  Instead to write a somewhat condescending response.  Twice.  🤔

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1