Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

So, so, so easy to simply move on if one is not interested.  Instead to write a somewhat condescending response.  Twice.  🤔

That's the word !!!  I was leaning towards "preaching", but it didn't quite "fit" 100%.

This one does.

• Like 9

TSOTD

01E1308F-4E33-4FE1-936B-D296AEA52527.thumb.jpeg.ecd6f0954fa14c82b85ec56ff2362d47.jpeg

Preseason is going good.  5-4 win over Buffalo last night with the SO. 

My afternoon was spent winterizing our boat and putting it away for the season. Sad to see the season come to an end. 

Two weeks from tomorrow we have to do a pre-cruise COVID test.  We plan to do some snorkeling on the cruise, and these came today. we plan to try them out this weekend. 

A4C39DF8-0130-4BDE-8AA0-46383D693108.thumb.jpeg.a55d48d9e52bcd83850e5794431dd9d3.jpeg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am at our shore house in LBI for a couple of weeks.   I will ask around and see what I kind find out for you.   Hopefully can find a picture somewhere.

Thanks,Debbie.I can visualize the place.I remember it being very popular.There were huge lines to go inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The restaurant with the round windows was on Main St. just before you get to Broadway as you walk toward the river.  It was painted blue and white with round windows. The restaurant we frequented I think was Hudson House, close to the river.  I checked their menu.  This surprised me:

A CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE FEE OF 3.2% IS APPLIED TO ALL SALES. PRICING SHOWN BELOW IS THE CASH PRICE.

Hmmm, try as I might, I can not think of the restaurant you speak of. The only blue&white restaurant I can think of was Johnny Cakes which was more of a lunchette place.  However,  once I moved out of Rockland in 1993, I rarely have visited Nyack. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. So it's possible that place is "after my time". 

I do know Hudson House (not to be confused with Hudson House in LBI). The 3.2% customer assistance charge is curious.  I know that during last years lockdown,  restaurants were allowed to add a "covid fee" to the bill to help them stay afloat but few did. I'm surprised that even though the state is fully open, that fee remains. 🤔

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no...that is indeed scary!  Hope your finger is OK!  

I had similar situation at rental home in Maine.  Woke up with huge bruise across my arm, knew I didn't remember banging it the day before.  The black and blue area had no pain at all when pressed, but the raised welt did.  

Spider bite.  😮   Took six weeks to heal.  Another reason I don't like spiders.  😬

I had a neighbor once who had a 9 year old son who had pen spiders.I was very happy when they moved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

None of the answers, however, fit the criteria of "Not LBI" and on Route 9.  Unless Days Ice Cream is on Route 9 and is also known as Pitman Ave??

See if you can find it among the 34 pictures in this link. Some are real old!

https://www.nj.com/news/2015/05/vintage_photos_of_ice_cream_parlors_in_nj.html 

I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt.

I do not see it on here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akcruz said:

Way too many of these lately.  Our local middle school was being watched today as they had a threat.  I don't understand how kids are at this level, way different from when we were in school, sad.

One of my daughters teaches at a NYC Elementary school.A few years ago a 6 year old boy brought a gun to school.

36 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hmmm, try as I might, I can not think of the restaurant you speak of. The only blue&white restaurant I can think of was Johnny Cakes which was more of a lunchette place.  However,  once I moved out of Rockland in 1993, I rarely have visited Nyack. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. So it's possible that place is "after my time". 

I do know Hudson House (not to be confused with Hudson House in LBI). The 3.2% customer assistance charge is curious.  I know that during last years lockdown,  restaurants were allowed to add a "covid fee" to the bill to help them stay afloat but few did. I'm surprised that even though the state is fully open, that fee remains. 🤔

Chances are that the 3.2% customer assistance charge is the charge that the credit card company charges the retail establishment. Instead of eating the cost, like most stores do, they are passing it onto the customer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

So, so, so easy to simply move on if one is not interested.  Instead to write a somewhat condescending response.  Twice.  🤔

I couldn't be silent and let it go.

49 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Bingo!!  It was Skylark International Cafe before it became Johnny Cakes.  I will bet the farm many years ago before it was redone that the windows were round.  

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hey guys.  How do I find Crystal's thread of her adventures in Greece?

Maryann, I have no idea how to put links in here but I know Dani posted it in here not long ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

restores cars. So far, 7 that I know of. My favorite is a neon green Charger he keeps in his grandmother's garage.  

I'm envious of those that have the talent to restore cars. Most Saturdays I hop on my HD and go to car shows. I spend hours drooling, I mean looking and talking with the owners. Most of them have a great story to go along with the cars they are showing. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just found out that my 13 year old granddaughter has a tumor on one of her legs she is going for an MRI Monday afternoon .

Oh no, Lenny.  The best of luck for a good outcome.

How is your black finger?  I hope it's back to normal.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The restaurant we frequented I think was Hudson House

We have been to that restaurant a bunch of times, but not since the pandemic.  It is not because we have not been going to restaurants, but rather because they have a tiny bar with about 8 seats. We typically eat dinner at the bar. They do have great food and we hope to go back in the near future. 

Hudson House of Nyack Logo

• Like 2