Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I remember an episode of "The Honeymooners" (one of the best TV comedies this side of "I Love Lucy") where Alice is begging Ralph to buy a TV set and mention that they even come in color now. Ralph replies he's waiting until 3-D TV comes out.

70 years later, still waiting.

My dad said the same thing as your dad. Except my dad got used to it pretty quickly and complained whenever we would watch a B&W show on TV.

Apparently  ,we were "wasting" the TV. LOL

If you saw the movie Diner,one of the characters had to pass a football quiz before he could marry the daughter.

Toby’s parents and other relatives were huge Honeymooner fans. On my second time in her house they asked me non stop Honeymooner questions .I guess I passed the test.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Just "concentrate" on the good things -- tomorrow (for me is today, Dec. 31st) is your daughter b'day.

So, Happy Birthday to "Arzeena" 's daughter 💐

On this occasion, also Happy Birthday to Andrew @A&L_Ont  🍁

The same to @Luckynana 's god daughter 🌷

And, last but not least -- to Muffin @dbancroft

On another happy note, Happy Wedding Anniversary to Judy & Mr. @NHProud 🌼

A very happy and healthy New Year to all "my" thread friends

Thank you , Dani !  You have a phenomenal memory.  It is Dr. Steve .  No titles since he has retired . 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My dad said the same thing as your dad. Except my dad got used to it pretty quickly and complained whenever we would watch a B&W show on TV.

When we got our first color TV it was delivered while my dad was at work. When he drove into the driveway my mother said ....make sure you have something in color on for when dad comes in the house.... Some things stick with you forever I guess.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When we got our first color TV it was delivered while my dad was at work. When he drove into the driveway my mother said ....make sure you have something in color on for when dad comes in the house.... Some things stick with you forever I guess.

That is as bad as when my mom was visiting, and the power went out, and she said, "Oh. I guess we can't use the toilets!" We just looked at her for a second before she realized that toilets are not electric. :classic_biggrin:

And wow Crystal, you have had some humongous windstorms there. And now combined with awful wildfires. I am so sad for all of the Boulder folks that have been affected. :classic_sad: And what they showed on the news, besides a lot of homes, were commercial buildings and department stores on fire.  The Target burned! That's too bad. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We will be toasting with Bailey's Belgium Chocolate Cream.

Super yummy!

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My doctor wanted to send me for X-rays on my replacement knee because it looks so bad. I talked him out of it, 
mostly because I’ve had more medical everything in the last 7 weeks than I can take. 
I would be able to tell if it was damaged. And it isn’t. Just looks like a distorted watermelon!

So I’m fine. I didn’t say pain free, but not needing medical intervention, and by this time next week I’ll be fine. 
On the other hand, my wall needs help!

Would a picture look out of place? 

Mimi,  sending lots of well wishes for a better new year!  Maybe you should stay out of the kitchen tomorrow and order in some egg foo young and lots of good fortune cookies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is as bad as when my mom was visiting, and the power went out, and she said, "Oh. I guess we can't use the toilets!" We just looked at her for a second before she realized that toilets are not electric. :classic_biggrin:

While toilets aren't electric if you have a well, not city water, you are SOL.  The pump on the well to get the water to the house is electric.  Yes I lived in a house with a well for most of 50+ years.  We filled the tub with water when we knew of a potential storm coming. You then used that water with a bucket to flush.  Not pretty but you do what you gotta do.  Also had septic in those houses, another fun experience 😜   Maybe that's what you're Mom was thinking of?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, singinalot said:

yes! Friends with a ranch are out fighting the fire on their property right now. 

the wind has been relentless

I hope they get the snow they are expecting. The other house has a lot. We captured a photo of a squirrel scaling Mt. Holly Bush. 

image.thumb.png.2670204dbfb6ddb679af09d494811800.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I began writing a journal when I was 13 ,hand written and with a typewriter.

Years later I bought bound books with blank pages and began keeping notes about important things in my life ,family celebrations ,people who attended the celebrations .Names of school friends ,co-workers ,teachers ,etc.

That explains it.  For a while I thought you might be one of those people that can remember everything that happened every single day of their life (like Marilu Henner).

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, akcruz said:

While toilets aren't electric if you have a well, not city water, you are SOL.  The pump on the well to get the water to the house is electric.  Yes I lived in a house with a well for most of 50+ years.  We filled the tub with water when we knew of a potential storm coming. You then used that water with a bucket to flush.  Not pretty but you do what you gotta do.  Also had septic in those houses, another fun experience 😜   Maybe that's what you're Mom was thinking of?

I think it was just one of those little lapses. Septic yes. Well Water no. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, derorim said:

That explains it.  For a while I thought you might be one of those people that can remember everything that happened every single day of their life (like Marilu Henner).

"Unforgettable" !  I love that show.

Edited by taznremmy

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I remember an episode of "The Honeymooners" (one of the best TV comedies this side of "I Love Lucy") where Alice is begging Ralph to buy a TV set and mention that they even come in color now. Ralph replies he's waiting until 3-D TV comes out.

70 years later, still waiting.

Loved the honeymooners I remember some episodes that mentioned streets in our Brooklyn neighborhood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I loved my road trip to TX and back to NY earlier this month. 2 1/2 days to Houston (overnight in Bristol, VA and outside New Orleans) and then me & my step daughter took turns driving back straight thru 30 hours. First 20 hours we talked non-stop over each other, the last 10 hours was total silence. LOL. I found out that Loves Travel Stop (used to be Loves Truck Stop but they re-branded to be family friendly) is the best place to pull over. Clean, brightly lit, super friendly employee and everything in stock that a road warrior would need from snacks to windshield wipes to showers and some personal items.....very personal. 😲

3,400 miles round trip was the longest road trip I've done in decades. I'd say I'm looking forward to doing it again but that would mean I'm driving her back & that I'm not ready for that yet.  Although I do get to stop at Buc'ees again. 😉

As for the out-of-stock shelves, I've read about the supply chain problem and I don't understand it. I found the supply chain. It was an endless amount of trucks on the aforementioned 3,400 mile drive. Seriously, I left like I was in a "Smokey & the Bandit" or "Convoy" movie from the 70's. 18-wheelers as far as the eye could see. 

"Breaker-Breaker, that's a big 10-4 Rubber Duck. Smokey on the prowl and a bear in the air".

Oh yes, we stopped in many Love's and Pilot service stations if only to stretch our legs.  We didn't want to push it and drove approx. 9 hours each day.  Jack lately hates driving at night.  I didn't drive because those trucks you mentioned scared me no end.  I kept thinking of Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's Vacation movie when he drove underneath one of those trucks!!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Greg,

Is it not amazing that pictures and the video of these cute little puppies that I have never seen, of the family that I have never seen are bringing me, who is sitting far far away,  so much joy, oh so many smiles! I can only imagine what joy they bring to you and Linda! Thank you for posting!

Lizzy has a distinct little bark, like a girl "voice"☺️. 🥰

Thank you I'm glad that I can share our happiness with everyone. I always worry about posting something that no one cares about or that I 'm trying to be self serving, but I think it safe to say everyone loves pet videos and pictures.

5 hours ago, derorim said:

Yumm, that sounds delicious.  I got this for my birthday, so maybe I'll toast with it.

682916096_LostArk.thumb.jpg.168bdd8438a6b40307f20b656b8d4e20.jpg

Happy Birthday! That looks very tasty. I'm sure you could mix that in a lot of cocktails or coffee.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Christmas had been packed away at our house, inside and out. 

Local fried chicken. 

C6238A83-81F7-4598-9079-0E63B668585A.thumb.jpeg.3310ac9df99ffe28b9985e273abd02c6.jpeg

Happy Birthday tomorrow Andrew! I hope it's a great one and judging from that fried chicken it's going to be a tasty one. I'm impressed that you got Christmas inside and out all packed away. I wish I could do it that fast. I celebrate the 12 days of Christmas up until January 7th. It will take me about 4-5 days to get everything put away. Note to self......I need to downsize.

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

These people are worse than the relentless squirrel in my back yard that keeps trying and trying to topple the bird feeder everytime I straighten it out. 

Best line of the day! I couldn't agree more. I really only read this and the Bella thread. I'm tired of all the drama.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This guy was patrolling the streets. If you’ve never seen one close up, they are HUGE!  His back was nearly as tall as me.  Such beautiful animals.  

I love Clydesdale horses. They are huge and so majestic. I see the Budweiser team all the time and their stables are not that far from Kansas City. We have done several news stories in the past when a new foal is born. So cute.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I once had the opportunity to spend some time up close with the Budweiser Clydesdales. I was so infatuated with them

Me too. They way they march (not sure if that's the right term) in sync is amazing. So majestic and regal.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Ok I have a confession to make…I started binging Below Deck Mediterranean when I swore I wouldn’t 🙈

I blame it on all of you

Welcome to the club. It is addicting. You will especially love the local scenery. Drama of the crew is a side show. For me it's about the yacht, locations and food.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

yes! Friends with a ranch are out fighting the fire on their property right now. 

the wind has been relentless

Stay safe Crystal. Those fires are very scary.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Except my dad got used to it pretty quickly and complained whenever we would watch a B&W show on TV.

We got married in '84 and both had b&w TV. After a few years we bought 2 color TV. The first night John came home from work and I was watching an old Hitchcock movie in b&w.

"Why did we waste our money on new tvs?"

It was pretty funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Ok I have a confession to make…I started binging Below Deck Mediterranean when I swore I wouldn’t 🙈

I blame it on all of you

That's nice but right now we're on Below Deck. They're in the Caribbean.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Typo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So guess what I did Tuesday!

I tripped over my own feet and hit the wall with my forehead. 
Wound up face down  (on my new pacemaker) between my dresser and my nightstand. 
Couldn’t push myself backwards or turn over. I yelled for a while, but Dick couldn’t hear me. He said later he could hear something but thought it was people yelling at the football game he was watching. 
Eventually I guess I yelled during a commercial, because he came running. 
The only way to get me out from between the furniture was pulling me by the ankles.

Which hurt!

Finally out in the clear, I was able to turn over and scoot to where I could lean against the bed. That’s when we saw the trail of blood from the carpet peeling the skin from my right arm. 
We tried getting me off the floor, but my knees wouldn’t hold me and I didn’t want Dick to have a heart attack trying to lift my dead weight. I asked him to hand me my phone and I used my SOS app to call 911. 
10 minutes later, 5 firefighters were here discussing how to get me up without using my left side. Because of the pacemaker. 
Once up, I said I was fine and Happy New Year and sent them on their way.
Doesn’t everyone say “I’m fine” after a fall or other accident?
So, my replacement knee is grotesquely swollen and painful. 
My natural knee won’t straighten and keeps wanting to buckle. 
My neck got wrenched back, and is really stiff. 
My forehead has a big bump and scratches from the wall. 
The pacemaker is still working…Hallelujah!

I already had an appointment this afternoon with my primary doctor for my post hospitalization follow up. That must be required by Medicare, because I had to have one last month, too. 
I’m sure he will say once all the swelling goes down, I’ll be fine. 
2022 has just got to be better than 2021, at least these last two months!!

I’m attaching  a photo of my poor injured bedroom wall. Thank goodness I’m 100% German, with a hard head!

8BB05598-EA5F-4383-8281-3CB03B0A328F.jpeg

Oh my gosh. So sorry this happened. Glad the pacemaker wasn't damaged.

All of us need a vaccine against 2021!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Christmas had been packed away at our house, inside and out. Owen also found out the start of his school had been delayed to Wednesday from Monday. 

A few picks from our day.

We ordered 6 boxes before Christmas and thought today would be a good day for a test. Owen has had a cold since the 26th and is almost over it. Grandmas are coming for dinner tomorrow so we thought it wasn’t a bad idea. 

A3FEA58B-BA05-46E2-8F87-53775FECFF37.thumb.jpeg.939090906ffa96d5f840c38ddb5389b7.jpeg

And for @Ocean BoyI’m posting this early tonight. That way I’m not making him hungry before bed. 

Local fried chicken. 

C6238A83-81F7-4598-9079-0E63B668585A.thumb.jpeg.3310ac9df99ffe28b9985e273abd02c6.jpeg

Homemade corn bread. Veggies and dip might have been consumed as well. 

57CB5CE9-F16B-49C3-907E-C895D1932A67.thumb.jpeg.df8fb02c0784052c779ef8c81dfc5cdb.jpeg

Happy birthday wishes Andrew.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 6