Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The snow was a quite a surprise because two nights before it was 65 degrees at 8pm. Tomorrow morning it is suppose to get down to 15 degrees.

Sure is crazy weather here in Southwest Virginia.

You must be northeast of us where you got mostly rain toward the shoreline.

We have only been here for 11 months( moved from NJ) and it sure is funny down here. School closing and late openings was announced the night before and not even one flake had fallen yet. It was pouring down rain and 50 degrees. They called from 5 to 10 inches of snow.

So it wasn't to bad just getting 5 inches of heavy wet snow, wasn't a problem though I have a John Deere Tractor with a Snow Plow, went out for about an hour and half, plowed off my driveway and 4 of my neighbors driveways. It was fun!

We are in Chesapeake, about 20 miles from the ocean and close to the North Carolina border.  Our area doesn't have a lot of snow removal equipment, so when it threatens to snow, things shut down, sometimes needlessly as it turns out.  

It's nice you were able to plow your neighbors' driveways.  I'm sure they appreciated it.  We have a small snow blower but I think we've only used it once in the 6 years we've lived here since we moved down from the DC suburbs.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, derorim said:

We are in Chesapeake, about 20 miles from the ocean and close to the North Carolina border.  Our area doesn't have a lot of snow removal equipment, so when it threatens to snow, things shut down, sometimes needlessly as it turns out.  

It's nice you were able to plow your neighbors' driveways.  I'm sure they appreciated it.  We have a small snow blower but I think we've only used it once in the 6 years we've lived here since we moved down from the DC suburbs.

You are close to the Bay Bridge area,  do you ever go over that way to see the cruise ships sail out to sea?

Yes, I don't mind helping out the neighbor's. They are a little older then me and all of them have been nice to us, the newbie's in the neighborhood. It's nice to get the extra seat time on the tractor in the winter.

20210209_115919.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts regarding me & DW. Whether you replied to my posts or just hit the "like" button, I do value your kindness and time. Sometimes the "friends who have yet to meet" here can offer a certain, impartial support that means just as much, if not more, than real life support, for which I have plenty of as well. It's great to have multiple support groups!

In other news, I tested positive for Covid. Last Thursday morning, someone I spent a significant amount of time with recently (not DD) told me they tested positive.  Thursday night, I began to feel a certain itchiness in my chest. Just my imagination, I thought. Friday morning, woke up with a nagging dry cough. Went to a county-run drive thru test site. Spent 2 hours waiting in the car for a Rapid Antigen test which came back negative. Saturday felt even worse, and friend told me a story of someone that took an Antigen & PCR test at the same time. Antigen test came back negative & PCR came back positive.

So, this morning I took two more tests. The PCR and a molecular NAAT (which is almost as good as a PCR and better than an Antigen test). NAAT came back positive and the doctor is pretty certain the PCR will be positive as well when I get the results in 1-3 day.

I feel fine now, rebounded quickly from Saturday, really nothing more than a typical head cold and treating with OTC meds. Just need to stay away from the nursing home for the next week. 😔

On the positive side, maybe I'll use the time to catch up on all seasons of all the Below Deck shows. 😉

EDIT: I just wanted to add I am vaxx (Moderna) but not boosted.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some winter scenes from today and tonight

Beautiful photos. Love those animals. We get quite a few in our back yard.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I figured the deer wouldn't get much to eat tonight with the snow covering everything so I put out some shelled corn for them to eat tonight.

I've put out corn before but all the squirrels snatch it up. I've had better luck with a deer lick;. They love that block.

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Ocean Boy Below Deck is an hour early this week.  It is starting now for those interested!

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts regarding me & DW. Whether you replied to my posts or just hit the "like" button, I do value your kindness and time. Sometimes the "friends who have yet to meet" here can offer a certain, impartial support that means just as much, if not more, than real life support, for which I have plenty of as well. It's great to have multiple support groups!

In other news, I tested positive for Covid. Last Thursday morning, someone I spent a significant amount of time with recently (not DD) told me they tested positive.  Thursday night, I began to feel a certain itchiness in my chest. Just my imagination, I thought. Friday morning, woke up with a nagging dry cough. Went to a county-run drive thru test site. Spent 2 hours waiting in the car for a Rapid Antigen test which came back negative. Saturday felt even worse, and friend told me a story of someone that took an Antigen & PCR test at the same time. Antigen test came back negative & PCR came back positive.

So, this morning I took two more tests. The PCR and a molecular NAAT (which is almost as good as a PCR and better than an Antigen test). NAAT came back positive and the doctor is pretty certain the PCR will be positive as well when I get the results in 1-3 day.

I feel fine now, rebounded quickly from Saturday, really nothing more than a typical head cold and treating with OTC meds. Just need to stay away from the nursing home for the next week. 😔

On the positive side, maybe I'll use the time to catch up on all seasons of all the Below Deck shows. 😉

So glad to hear majority of folks who test positive, like you, only have head cold symptoms but sorry you won't be able to see your wife for a week or so. It's only temporary and soon you will see her again.

BTW all of the snow pictures are so glorious, so pretty, so pristine and I so don't miss it! 😃

When I lived in NY, snowfall less than 5 inches was considered a dusting. 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Rayna is getting on my nerves too. She should have been upfront with Heather when they talked instead of seething about the incident later. She could have used it as a teaching opportunity. She is a bit too two faced for my liking.

I was surprised that Rachel behaved herself at the beach party. She was set on not drinking and she didn't.

These people are all talking to anyone who will listen but can't do anything about the problem.

Rayna had a chance to talk to Cap Lee about the situation but said it wasn't that big a deal. Then she whines to everyone about how is affected her. Sheesh, what is it?

I didn't get to see the beach party...was getting dinner ready. I'll catch it next week on reruns. I was ready to pitch Rachel overboard last season but I'm really liking her this time. She still has a potty mouth but seems more professional.  But she could change my mind at any moment.

• Like 3

Lace monitor or Tree Goanna.  There were two.  Unsurprisingly the second one was up a tree. My dad has always warned us to be wary of them because if they are startled they move fast and have very sharp claws and with their poor eyesight are likely to mistake you for a tree…

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

EDIT: I just wanted to add I am vaxx (Moderna) but not boosted.

Sorry to hear you have Covid but good to know the symptoms were short lived even without the booster.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lace monitor or Tree Goanna.  There were two.  Unsurprisingly the second one was up a tree. My dad has always warned us to be wary of them because if they are startled they move fast and have very sharp claws and with their poor eyesight are likely to mistake you for a tree…

You need Jim with his plow there, to block them from coming at you. Jim, have you ever been to Australia?😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is a cold 32°F but sunny.

I had to clear ice from the car windscreen before I could go out and post some birthday cards.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care.😷

Down here in the south also colder,  3°c or 37°f but grey skies and rain/sleet 

Took down the outside lights and inside decorations today. January is always a bit of a blah month, normally we plan to go somewhere warm for a holiday,  either to Dubai or a Caribbean cruise but for the third winter now covid is throwing a spanner in the works. 

Good day to start back at the gym

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We were suppose to be on the same cruise but Arzeena switched to a sailing out of FL where I will be sailing on Anthem.      Marietta and Charlie @DaniDanielle will be joining us on Jan 20th and will be the first time we will meet in person.   

we are also on the Anthem January 9 sailing and really looking forward to it, it has been our annual cruise for the past 5 years except for last year of course and might be the last one with both of our daughters.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, derorim said:

@Jimboyour snow is beautiful, and I really like the lighted gazebo.  It's nice that you feed the deer.  In our part of Virginia we got "conversational snow" for about 3 hours this afternoon.  It was pretty as lots of flakes were being blown horizontally in the strong winds, but there was zero accumulation.  However, the roads are wet from the 4+ inches of rain we got prior to the snow, and it's dipping into the 20s tonight.  Because of that, the roads will probably by icy, and schools are opening 2 hours late tomorrow morning.  It doesn't take much to shut us down!

So horrible for all those people still stuck on I95.  Quite a mess and hopefully they get moving soon.  Imagine a lot of them ran out of gas trying to stay warm.

• Like 2

Good morning from not so sunny Nassau today.  I thought it was always sunny on a cruise.  Those pesky clouds hid the sunrise today. 

4CF9E68B-22FC-444D-930E-EA05C05E3CE3.thumb.jpeg.e9e9c43fcf9571089fe346f1198e290a.jpeg

We were the first one to dock, and Equinox followed us in. 

0D1111E1-609C-43A8-96D8-10E341146DF1.thumb.jpeg.6ae24ce1e910651b19298d7a1997a8df.jpeg

A carnival ship came in and parked beside us, and a Disney ship is waiting their turn. 

I asked my crew to stand by, in case we wanted to take a little boat ride. 😂😂

A5B029AA-4E31-4FA4-9D51-091F36399326.thumb.jpeg.6b7e24828657f7c800c2378105e1a841.jpeg

Our plan is to stay onboard today. 

So now for some comparisons between this cruise, and our October Odyssey cruise.  We felt much more relaxed in October than now, and that is probably due to the increase in positive cases everywhere. 

Most people are following mask rules, but the captain has been reminding everyone to keep masks on. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@Jimbo

And I will post this in our "family" thread not the battle field outside that is bringing out the nasty in even the most benign posters.

I just have to ask you, and PLEASE🙏 do not take me wrong. I respect your thoughts and reasoning.

Why do you have to post in other threads and get yourself beaten up to the point of verbal abuse? I read some people replying back to your posts....OMG, they were removed literally while I was reading them. People are nasty when it comes to what "the other person's thinks" and they do not want to hear anybody else's first hand experiences, opinion or thoughts. So, dear friend,  why do you put yourself in that situation? At this point, I am feeling quite bad for you. You are fully right to express an opinion, but you will not be able to cure stupid, if that is what you are thinking you are doing . You are not going to change anybody's mind. Let them experience it first hand . If they are delusional, OK, if they are not, OK.

Covid may be rampant on cruise ships, but the effects are felt harder here!

Hugs to you Jimbo, don't take this personally. I am an absolute cruise fanatic and even I can see some valid points you make. But not every body is going to respect your thoughts and stay civil.

I hope you are enjoying your hot tub and thanks for posting the winter pictures.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you think Below Deck is bad… Lisa just forced me to watch the first episode of the latest Bachelor series. Take my eyes.  OK, maybe not my eyes, but how about my ears. 😂

In my hierarchy of shows that I won't watch, The Bachelor is worse than Below Deck.  I've been tempted lately to give Below Deck a look for the scenery, but The Bachelor just seems like manufactured drama with an occasional person tossed in who really believes that they will find love.  Worse than either of those 2 shows are any of the Housewives series.  

11 hours ago, George C said:

I love 1883, it’s a pre sequel to Yellowstone, great cast Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on paramount I think 

We plan to watch 1883 but were waiting for this season of Yellowstone to end.  Looks interesting.  I learned that Taylor Sheridan (who created both Yellowstone and 1883) plays Travis on Yellowstone...the guy who is the expert on training horses.  There is supposed to be a second spinoff coming with Jimmy at the 6666 ranch in Texas.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

In my hierarchy of shows that I won't watch, The Bachelor is worse than Below Deck.  I've been tempted lately to give Below Deck a look for the scenery, but The Bachelor just seems like manufactured drama with an occasional person tossed in who really believes that they will find love. 

I'm with you.  One show was enough.

I laughed out loud when one lady had her description listed as "previously engaged" where others had a listing of their job such as DR, nurse, spray tan technician etc...  I didn't laugh at the fact that her marriage didn't go through, it was how they described this one individual.

As a Bachelor the last thing person I would want to start something with is someone who recently stopped their marriage from going through for whatever reason. Its not to say they aren't a nice person, its just the emotional luggage that they are still sorting though would be a nightmare for them, let alone the Bachelor. Turns out the day she was to be married was right before the show was about to start filming. 

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Worse than either of those 2 shows are any of the Housewives series.  

I never did as well, or the Kardashians.  Autocorrect fixed how I had their name spelled, I butchered it.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1