Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Vancouver is a hot spot for filming locations that are supposedly set somewhere else. 

It's all about tax breaks & cost. Vancouver,  Georgia & New York among others have been aggressive in courting Hollywood. 

Even locally, Nyack NY,  in Rockland County which is 30 miles north of NYC has been used as a substitute for Staten Island in Showtimes "Ray Donovan".

And Ozarks is less about the Ozarks and more about big city criminals moving to a rural tourist destination. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Vancouver is a hot spot for filming locations that are supposedly set somewhere else. 

It's all about tax breaks & cost. Vancouver,  Georgia & New York among others have been aggressive in courting Hollywood. 

Even locally, Nyack NY,  in Rockland County which is 30 miles north of NYC has been used as a substitute for Staten Island in Showtimes "Ray Donovan".

And Ozarks is less about the Ozarks and more about big city criminals moving to a rural tourist destination. 

Reacher was filmed in Ontario with one exterior scene in Manhattan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I don't think whatever he or I think will effect the shows you are watching. Continue on.

You're right. 

I actually thought the same thing. Only one way to end, Breaking Bad style.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just took these. Wetness on cement was where I was standing when driveway guy was here . Raining a little now and water is flowing down driveway. No way of knowing what happened before. It just never happened before in the 20+ years we have lived here, so you start by looking at what changed. Driveway guy is trying to say it is the new cement at a seam. I am sure if I get my cement guy here, he will blame the driveway guy.  With another inch of water forecast, I just want it to stay dry inside. 

1D4DEF65-2D16-4FE7-94BB-3954BB21AA3C.thumb.jpeg.eceacdaf1e4c922d18fe4b0fd8feffb3.jpeg

If

00E35638-A2DA-441D-89A7-A85FA6F40F7F.thumb.jpeg.de860f1f2c287e9e7450a12ccc78f378.jpeg

We had our driveway done 2 years ago. My husband said they didn't compact your asphalt down. It should be smooth, not pebbly. If water gets underneath and freezes the asphalt will start breaking up. They obviously didn't use roller to compact it down and the seam between the garage and driveway should be flush.

THIS NEEDS TO BE REDONE.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog Before you know it you’ll be on the mend and the op will be well behind you.

Thank you that means a lot to me.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg,by any chance did you see the Documentary about Studio54 that is on Netflix ? I went to high school with Steve Rubell.We were close friends in and out of school.

Yes I did. Great documentary. Wish I could have gone there to experience it.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are going to be fine. Wednesday is the beginning of you being able to enjoy your future in the way that you want without debilitating, non ending pain. You need to get excited and start looking forward to the result. You've got this.

Thank you my good Doctor. Your advice means a lot to me.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Money Heist did the same thing as Ozark.It only works if it is a good production.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn, @LucasLikesToCruise & all,

Fingers and toes crossed -- it seems that the crisis was averted, at least for the moment...

Saturday it looked even bleaker when I've tried to see the schedule for the next week -- it was blocked for all flights to Dubai. I tossed all the night and barely gathered myself in the morning, following the news.

On the bright side, we've passed the PCR test with flying colors, and it was not as terrible as I've thought (or may be the guy who administered it was a real pro).

On the dark side, my hubby kept "disappearing" from our reservation [Remember, they moved our seats several times, and the last time we were seated separated...]. I choose to upgrade us both to "premium economy", so as to seat together and only the 2 of us.

At least they are taking calls for flights inside the next 72 hours, and I was able to speak with a "real" person. They put him back, and after a few minutes, yes, you guessed right, he was doing the "disappearing act" again.

Luckily, I'm a genius 🤪  After so many "disappearing acts", I've come to the conclusion that, since he received a free ticket linked with a promotional new credit card, I'll have to charge his upgraded seat to his card instead of mine... and it worked!!! The problem was that my card passed muster, and it was rejected afterwards by the airline computer... It should have been nice if they've called to tell me instead of spending 2 days on this matter.

@Ozark_Kid - excellent news about Shelby.

@Sea Dog - I'll keep you in my thoughts on my way to Dubai 😘

@grapau27, @sgmn, @aussielozzie18 and @Norwich Cruiser -- my best wishes for HM The Queen. I was so happy seeing her smiling, even though my heart cringed a little... she seems so frail😢

@molly361 Ellen, enjoy your cruise🌺

@Luckynana - How is Jim?

@reallyitsmema -- hopefully, no leaking water in the next rainstorm.

@Ocean Boy -- thank you for the moving story about the dog and his owner.

and last, but not least -- @A&L_Ont - amazing photo and dinner too.

Apologies if I've forgot someone... I'm so tense...

Oh this is good news. My fingers are crossed for you two. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank You, Wednesday is coming up fast. Got all my meds, Walker was delivered today. Still doing pre surgery exercises. Anxiety is setting in. Hoping everything goes well.

I think am ready. One last sushi lunch (last supper) with my dear friend tomorrow since I won't be going out for several weeks after my surgery on Wednesday.

This will be in your rear view mirror very soon.

We'll all be waiting for your update.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are going to be fine. Wednesday is the beginning of you being able to enjoy your future in the way that you want without debilitating, non ending pain. You need to get excited and start looking forward to the result. You've got this.

Glad there was a "Like" button for this post.🙂

@lenquixote66Lenny, hope Toby has good luck with the new medicine with no side effects.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn, @LucasLikesToCruise & all,

Fingers and toes crossed -- it seems that the crisis was averted, at least for the moment...

Saturday it looked even bleaker when I've tried to see the schedule for the next week -- it was blocked for all flights to Dubai. I tossed all the night and barely gathered myself in the morning, following the news.

On the bright side, we've passed the PCR test with flying colors, and it was not as terrible as I've thought (or may be the guy who administered it was a real pro).

On the dark side, my hubby kept "disappearing" from our reservation [Remember, they moved our seats several times, and the last time we were seated separated...]. I choose to upgrade us both to "premium economy", so as to seat together and only the 2 of us.

At least they are taking calls for flights inside the next 72 hours, and I was able to speak with a "real" person. They put him back, and after a few minutes, yes, you guessed right, he was doing the "disappearing act" again.

Luckily, I'm a genius 🤪  After so many "disappearing acts", I've come to the conclusion that, since he received a free ticket linked with a promotional new credit card, I'll have to charge his upgraded seat to his card instead of mine... and it worked!!! The problem was that my card passed muster, and it was rejected afterwards by the airline computer... It should have been nice if they've called to tell me instead of spending 2 days on this matter.

@Ozark_Kid - excellent news about Shelby.

@Sea Dog - I'll keep you in my thoughts on my way to Dubai 😘

@grapau27, @sgmn, @aussielozzie18 and @Norwich Cruiser -- my best wishes for HM The Queen. I was so happy seeing her smiling, even though my heart cringed a little... she seems so frail😢

@molly361 Ellen, enjoy your cruise🌺

@Luckynana - How is Jim?

@reallyitsmema -- hopefully, no leaking water in the next rainstorm.

@Ocean Boy -- thank you for the moving story about the dog and his owner.

and last, but not least -- @A&L_Ont - amazing photo and dinner too.

Apologies if I've forgot someone... I'm so tense...

Excellent news Dani.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news @dani negreanu best wishes for a fabulous holiday.  If you do the desert safari try and sit in the front seats of the jeep. The back seats aren't brilliant,  too many jolts and bumps.

If you have time send us some pics otherwise when you get back

Safe trip

Nice and warm, but not too hot, perfect

Screenshot_20220208-100232_Weather.thumb.jpg.ee78ed90ff4575c7f5276d51f36eb939.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Greg, I’m a day early but like many have said good luck tomorrow.  I’m interested to follow along the process as my mom needs a replacement as well. As OB has said it will be a great change for your mobility and it will be for my mom when it happens. It will go great tomorrow. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

It is 22° and snowing again this morning. I knew this relentless snow would have consequences. 

Apparently, we do not have to wait until May to sail again.  Susan decided to book us on Allure for an 8 night Southern next month to celebrate my birthday.  According to my cruise planner, we sail in 25 days.   Flights booked and now looking at hotels for pre and post cruise stays.  We are on Allure again in May, but a different Southern itinerary. 

Guess I need to order some tests now. 

• Like 13

@Sea Dog Greg, before I start my day, I wanted to wish you super luck for tomorrow's surgery.  In no time at all you'll be chasing your sweet pups all over the house with no pain.  Something wonderful to look forward to.

@HBE4 Loved that you mentioned Nyack, NY, a quaint, lovely river town not far from where I lived.  Great restaurants, antique shops, fabulous street fair.  My friends and I would drive by Rosie O'Donnell's house hoping to catch site of her throwing out her trash.🤣

• Like 5

13 hours ago, George C said:

They just started selling yuengling beer in Dallas was familiar with it from visiting Buffalo, good beer.

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

They advertise themselves as the oldest, continuing operating brewery in America.  A fine Pennsylvanian brew, I've been drinking for years. Really like the Lager and Black-n-Tan. The Light beer makes Coors Light (aka water) seem strong.  Basically, a waste of calories. lol

Yuengling is a little like Disney in that they control supply to manage demand...smart strategy.  I like it and will often order it on tap.  I think it's a good beer, not a great beer.  I'll certainly choose it over a basic Bud/Miller/Coors.  I was going to say just the opposite about their light beer.  I think it has more taste than the other light beers.  But I agree that they all taste like water.  My preferred "light" beer right now is Bell's Light Hearted Ale.  It's a Lo Cal IPA that at least has some IPA taste to it.  I put light in quotes because it has a few more calories and carbs than most light beers, which is what it probably still has some taste.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Doctor knows best.  @Sea Dog - Are you up bright and early tomorrow for the surgery?  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

i confess, haven’t watched a single episode of Ozark, but believe it to be about the lake of the Ozarks and the people.  If I am correct, how does filming the show in Georgia, make it even slightly truthful.

I have been to the Lake and I have been to Georgia, and I am unable to confuse them….

Don’t bother correcting me if I am wrong, filming in Georgia is a serious flaw no matter what is is about.

just sayin….

I watch NCIS (the original version) and think the same thing whenever they show a city street scene.  It looks exactly like a studio lot and not at all like an actual city street.  I will then see the same city street scene in another show...likely shot at the same studio location.  Suspension of disbelief I guess.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You're right. 

I actually thought the same thing. Only one way to end, Breaking Bad style.  

I never finished Breaking Bad.  Never got past the midway point of the first season.  Everyone told me to push thru because it gets better from there, but I never did.  Still, Micheline and I were talking the other day about the parallels between Ozark and Breaking Bad.  Basically good people who get caught up in a "small" criminal situation while trying to do right in life, and that criminal situation gets a lot bigger.  I do know that Walter in Breaking Bad turns into a badass by the end of the show.  I'm wondering if the same will happen with Marty and Wendy, i.e. they take full control of the cartel.

• Like 4

@Sea Dog

Continued prayers and support for your surgery tomorrow.

The day before is always full of anxiety, and tomorrow between everything happening, and all the drugs, you won't know what planet you are on.

It is so worth it.

Please do not worry about a thing.

Physicians and surgery centers have this under control.

Take care and update us when you can.

On the Bella cruise we can start a new group event.

The "Greg" walk-a-thon.

or  A few laps on the trak.

We should after all of the ETOH it sounds like we will be consuming!!!

Take care.

• Like 3