Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

My guilty honest reaction to it was I dozed off in the middle of it, so I don’t think I ever saw that shot.  The only shots of the cars I saw that I remembered were shot from a higher angle.  Definitely didn’t see field level shots.  I did wake up for the 3rd quarter and finished the game, Krystal missed everything after the start of the halftime show!  Yes, I am old and boring.  Rodrhi watched the the Rams playing until a commercial then he lost interest and slept on the sofa beside me until the game was over.  😆

You may have woken up in dismay if they were dancing on hoods of early 80s Jeep Scramblers. 😂

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I just assumed those were props with very few mechanical parts, with just enough power to get the car to wheel itself onto the field. For all we know, it could be a golf cart engine under the hood, sitting on a Toyota chassis. 

Or "stunt car"  that were cobbled together from spare parts from a junk yard or re-manufactured parts.  It's probably an urban myth but I remember reading that there were more 1969 Dodge Charges destroyed in "Dukes of Hazzards" stunts then actually existed.   Some of the cars used in the stunts weren't actual Chargers but others fakes to look like it.

EDIT: Thanks to my good friend Google, I found out that 300 Dodge Chargers, aka General Lee, were destroyed during the filming of the show. When supplies ran low, they started to use other model years & modifying the car to look like a 1969. When those ran low, they started to use AMC Ambassadors for the stunts. A car so obscure that A) I had know idea what they looked like or even existed and B) pretty quickly, supplies of those ran low as well, so towards the end of the show, producers were forced to use miniature, radio-controlled cars for stunts!

That was my thought as well until I saw this post on a Classic Car/Drag Racing FB group that I’m a member of. Maybe the owners got free tickets to the game?

6B886B94-D9F6-4021-8669-72EA85A17A4C.thumb.jpeg.82f91559ff43635728c618a450c0446f.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

You don’t need a panini press.  We cook sandwiches in a cast iron skillet and weigh them down with a cast iron Dutch oven.  You could use any skillet or a plate on top for that matter…with a can on it for weight.

Thanks.

My fry pans din't hold 3 sandwiches at the same time (John usually eats 2). So I just bake them. I don't have cast iron pans either. 

If I bake them I don't have to watch them! And I've figured out the timing so they don't burn.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That was my thought as well until I saw this post on a Classic Car/Drag Racing FB group that I’m a member of. Maybe the owners got free tickets to the game?

I sure hope so.

Or at least a selfie with the dancer & car, with pride in the knowledge that at least their car made it to the Super Bowl.😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A bunch of flowers for the birthday girls --

Happy birthday to Lisa

_DSC4649.thumb.JPG.96d1e63c76f375ad2ecda2186497d283.JPG

Happy birthday to Sue

_DSC4651.thumb.JPG.54d4c4533ff8767ad6e3458330f7cf6b.JPG

We're home and DH is downloading pictures from his camera.

Atlantis in Dubai for @Jimbo and another interesting building near the Atlantis --

1575549372_908.thumb.jpg.418fccfeafbcfd27c93f2309a4ff1034.jpg

986603421_911.thumb.jpg.1040b712569881f3734bab2005f5dbb1.jpg

_DSC4914.thumb.JPG.2d9f7bcb3fe33e3ca1687f85fcab2022.JPG

Dani, welcome home.  As always, your husband's pictures are amazing.

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Anyone else think that this building looks like a cross between a house of cards and a bunch of shipping containers?

LEGO building.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Anyone else think that this building looks like a cross between a house of cards and a bunch of shipping containers?

Or Jenga?

~Welcome home, @dani negreanuGlad you were able to get away and had a great time in Dubai.

~Happy Birthdays to Sue @sgmnand Lisa @A&L_Ont

~My favorite part of the Super Bowl was in the pre-game where two incredible singers paid tribute to America with their emotional renditions of “America the Beautiful” and “The Star Spangled Banner”.  Those songs get to me every time.  😥

~Happy Valentines Day to all!  ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Atlantis in Dubai for @Jimbo and another interesting building near the Atlantis

That's great that you had a nice trip.    I look forward to seeing more photos.    Everything is beautiful.    I am intrigued by the building in above photo.     Is this a hotel or an apartment building?  I have never seen anything like it.  

• Thanks 1

So in between naps since the pain meds make me so drowsy and then getting up moving around and trying to do more stretching exercises I have not had the time to devote to my dear friends here. So I’m sorry for missing posts, birthdays and everything else that I normally would comment on. I promise to be better. I can’t tell you how much I miss our conversations.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So in between naps since the pain meds make me so drowsy and then getting up moving around and trying to do more stretching exercises I have not had the time to devote to my dear friends here. So I’m sorry for missing posts, birthdays and everything else that I normally would comment on. I promise to be better. I can’t tell you how much I miss our conversations.

Greg - You have one and only one responsibility right now...get that knee back in working shape.  Everything else is secondary, although the pups and Linda may disagree.  We are much further down the list.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That is what you are supposed to be doing right now.  You are in everyone's thoughts.  Keep up the good work of getting better.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A bunch of flowers for the birthday girls --

Happy birthday to Lisa

_DSC4649.thumb.JPG.96d1e63c76f375ad2ecda2186497d283.JPG

Happy birthday to Sue

_DSC4651.thumb.JPG.54d4c4533ff8767ad6e3458330f7cf6b.JPG

We're home and DH is downloading pictures from his camera.

Atlantis in Dubai for @Jimbo and another interesting building near the Atlantis --

1575549372_908.thumb.jpg.418fccfeafbcfd27c93f2309a4ff1034.jpg

986603421_911.thumb.jpg.1040b712569881f3734bab2005f5dbb1.jpg

Great photos Dani.

Pleased you are home safe and well 

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder how much to buy at the Royal Residence.   Probably one of those times where if you have to ask you cannot afford it.   

I am only settling for the Pent House.😉🤣

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1