Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, mugtech said:

On 5/1/69 I was hitchhiking east from Pittsburgh and saw snow flurries in the PA mountains, have not seen anything like that since.  Until now.  Glad I missed it.

Usually this happens in mid April, not mid May.  I once snow snow in June, but that was in The Yukon pass, a few under miles from Alaska. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I don’t ever remember seeing snow this late. 

Here in Israel, we usually see the last of rain end of March, very rare beginning of April.

I was looking forward to a very hot weather, hoping that Covid will back off facing desert storms, which are usually between seasons.

No such luck, on the contrary -- we're still experiencing periods of heavy rain. Even the Sea of Galilee is almost full.

• Like 1

We are finding it a little easier to "stay home" since it is usually too cool to golf, boat, plant, etc.   Maybe that is why there is more push to "re-open" in places where it is significantly warmer.  We might get up to 70 by next week.

• Like 1

Started the day by taking farm truck in for service. They took great care to cover contact areas. They also wiped down high contact areas. 

B60DE22A-AF09-4FE5-84CB-9E6040C8904C.thumb.jpeg.2483138d25047460ccea0e18c3915038.jpeg

6CBD0FF7-09C2-4B96-8F8F-AFF52943441A.thumb.jpeg.a561dadd165d90e2677710f782e739c1.jpeg

Finally finished cleaning the shop side of the garage. Only 2/3 of the garage left but it’s the easier portion remaining. Hope he done by the weekend. 

39FE363B-F3AD-462F-A751-63C70EA7FCC2.thumb.png.092ac0dbd7bc4bcb1ba921cea86bcc64.png

• Like 3

Dinner tonight, bone in turkey breast.  Land fall dinner.  About 5 pounds of glorious morsels, with left overs for lunch. Never did take a pic of it plated.

9E480AEE-45CF-4851-BF93-93376B2F1673.thumb.jpeg.f6b632f384e85cac4b3586e1ec7e17da.jpeg

and during dinner we had a delivery.  A box full of colour changing 5-shirts? Bamboo sheets?

A01E9AAF-4072-4BD8-B9C8-0BA8502575A9.thumb.jpeg.e1b768ce2f77e136b252c583d4e8c982.jpeg

Nope, new towels. 

0C2AA321-BB41-4D2B-8CEA-A6E6D9C7949C.thumb.jpeg.6f11ae9010612a45de22a38c7ab0ed89.jpeg

@Jimbo you not wanting to join me? I take that meme as a big no. I was last there 5 weeks ago, and hopefully won’t have to go for another 6 weeks or more if I can help it. 

I’m looking forward to it more that rewiring an outlet tomorrow. Another words, not really. 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:02 AM, mugtech said:

On 5/1/69 I was hitchhiking east from Pittsburgh and saw snow flurries in the PA mountains, have not seen anything like that since.  Until now.  Glad I missed it.

One of my daughters and her husband live in Delaware County,NY .They had snow this past Sunday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Jimbo you not wanting to join me? I take that meme as a big no. I was last there 5 weeks ago, and hopefully won’t have to go for another 6 weeks or more if I can help it. 

I’m looking forward to it more that rewiring an outlet tomorrow. Another words, not really. 

I'll  pass lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Don’t blame you at all, but I’ll go over Lisa going. 

My wife has only left the house once in the last 60 days, went to my Son's house for Mother's Day Dinner. Mostly all the food either delivered  or  Amazon and Walmart. UPS and USPS

Local Grocery store and Costco both deliver in our area too.

Edited by Jimbo

On 5/11/2020 at 12:54 PM, A&L_Ont said:

How’s this for a May Monday morning pitch slap. I don’t ever remember seeing snow this late. 

F209ECC9-8EAC-4B73-A114-281F606AA1BB.thumb.jpeg.9affc99d5b0e64f7af2f970075c58f81.jpeg

Here in the south of England we have had the hottest weather during April for 360 years. A high of 24c. Its been cooler recently but set to go back up to 21c next week. Gougous weather and nowhere to go. We're lucky we have a garden, I really feel for people living in flats. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow’s excitement, Costco and my first tank of fuel in 5 weeks. 

Our Costco is soooo easy to shop in right now!  Super Clean, well stocked, and with so few customers in the store at once it’s easy to shop quickly!    By far my favorite store to shop at during the pandemic!  I wish I could get everything we needed there!!!   Hope your trip was easy and uneventful!  

The week has not been ideal here...pool opening on Monday cancelled and not rescheduled yet and new water heater install had to be pushed from yesterday to today because the parts didn’t come in until mid afternoon...but I think we have that going in this afternoon, the roofer scheduled for Thursday and hopefully a visit from the boys hair stylist, and then cleaning lady on Friday! 

We live VERY close to the New Hampshire border which had most things begin opening on Monday so many of our friends have traveled there.   Unsure when MA is going to allow hair dressers to open but our stylist used to make house calls before so I let her know that whenever she was ready we were here!!   I would much rather have her come to our house than try a new place in Nashua for the boys...we have plenty of masks, lysol spray, and Clorox wipes to keep the place clean!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My wife has only left the house once in the last 60 days, went to my Son's house for Mother's Day Dinner. Mostly all the food either delivered  or  Amazon and Walmart. UPS and USPS

Local Grocery store and Costco both deliver in our area too.

We did a quick porch visit for Mother’s Day at both grandmas houses.

Lots of Amazon, Fed EX, UPS but Costco doesn’t deliver to where we live. They can send items to my office but thats not easy for me.  In our local area there have only been 2 cases in the one county and 1 in the other.  We border these two and shop in both.

Our larger area to where I am going today of over 500,000 people there have been 422 cases with 303 cases resolved.

4 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Our Costco is soooo easy to shop in right now!  Super Clean, well stocked, and with so few customers in the store at once it’s easy to shop quickly!    By far my favorite store to shop at during the pandemic!  I wish I could get everything we needed there!!!   Hope your trip was easy and uneventful!  

The week has not been ideal here...pool opening on Monday cancelled and not rescheduled yet and new water heater install had to be pushed from yesterday to today because the parts didn’t come in until mid afternoon...but I think we have that going in this afternoon, the roofer scheduled for Thursday and hopefully a visit from the boys hair stylist, and then cleaning lady on Friday! 

We live VERY close to the New Hampshire border which had most things begin opening on Monday so many of our friends have traveled there.   Unsure when MA is going to allow hair dressers to open but our stylist used to make house calls before so I let her know that whenever she was ready we were here!!   I would much rather have her come to our house than try a new place in Nashua for the boys...we have plenty of masks, lysol spray, and Clorox wipes to keep the place clean!!

One of my neighbors was in a NY Costco yesterday and everything that he went to buy was not in stock.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We did a quick porch visit for Mother’s Day at both grandmas houses.

Lots of Amazon, Fed EX, UPS but Costco doesn’t deliver to where we live. They can send items to my office but thats not easy for me.  In our local area there have only been 2 cases in the one county and 1 in the other.  We border these two and shop in both.

Our larger area to where I am going today of over 500,000 people there have been 422 cases with 303 cases resolved.

Costco itself doesn't deliver, it's a side company called Instacart.com that delievers it, same day too, the actual driver for them goes in Costco and select the items.

While they are shopping they can even text you if they don't have something they ask you if you rather have something else, and you give them the okay or not to sub it........

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my neighbors was in a NY Costco yesterday and everything that he went to buy was not in stock.

That is unfortunate for your friend.  I was much more fortunate. I was there at 9am and walked in the door. They had the area for lines if needed outside, carts sanitized etc...  There were twice the numbers of people inside and only 10% of the people inside not wearing masks. They had it well organized and smoother than last time I was there. 

The only thing they didn’t have at my location was rubber gloves, which I use on the farm for dirty jobs like pto shaft swaps and anything to do with oil and grease. I might use a box a year but now isn’t the time to find them. I also didn’t see any Lysol style wipes, but they did have it in spray cans.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Costco itself doesn't deliver, it's a side company called Instacart.com that delievers it, same day too, the actual driver for them goes in Costco and select the items.

While they are shopping they can even text you if they don't have something they ask you if you rather have something else, and you give them the okay or not to sub it........

That makes lots of sense, regarding Costco. Seems like a great way to do it.  I hope your wife gets the chance to go out and enjoy the yard, porch, balcony etc. The sun helps to make these days brighter. 

3 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

The damn 4 year old beat me the first game! 

Bet you did not see that coming. Virtual high fives to the Champ.