Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Thank you - I’ve never seen this for a spa.  I will look into it

Empty the hot tub, you fill with plain water. Put a little bit of salt in and throw the one part into the hot tub, machine part you can screw to the side of the hot tub and plug it in. It will work by itself right out of the box.

If it gets low on salt it will tell you, same if to much salt, you will have to dump some water and add more regular water to get it to work.

When it comes on and works, you will see this cloudy like looking bubbles bubble up from, that is the chlorine gases working.

When you use the hot tub, you can either leave it inside the hot tub or take it out and hang it over the side.

Lots of rain here yesterday and today. Did some gardening at my MIL’s house on Saturday. Some grass seeding, wood chips, and new rock in the window wells.  

Today is a holiday in Canada, but this weather will keep me in the garage as I continue bay #2 with cleaning. 

• Like 1

Neighborhood pool opens Thursday; 3 hour reservation blocks. 

Georgia has been open for weeks and new cases continue to decline even with more testing in hospitals prior to elective procedures. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

Georgia has been open for weeks and new cases continue to decline even with more testing in hospitals prior to elective procedures. 

That’s a very good positive.  

I have read that folks are doing what they need to and going home. I have also read that neighbouring states are coming to do what they need as well.  I’m not sure if it’s true but it’s just something that I read.

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today is a holiday in Canada, but this weather will keep me in the garage as I continue bay #2 with cleaning. 

I read something a couple of days ago about national Caesar day in Canada.  Is that the holiday that you're referring to? 😜

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I read something a couple of days ago about national Caesar day in Canada.  Is that the holiday that you're referring to? 😜

I think that was Friday. I celebrate it every other night after the evening meal. 

Today the holiday is in honour of the Queen’s Birthday. 

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

WOW, a holiday to honor a salad,  nothing like that in the USA.

3 minutes ago, mugtech said:

WOW, a holiday to honor a salad,  nothing like that in the USA.

My husband's co-worker just returned to work after her 3 week visit back to the Philippines turned into 3 months. Apparently she appealed to the embassy. I hope you get home soon.

And I don't think clamato juice is all that appealing. :classic_biggrin: 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

you just need to add the right ingredients to it. 😉

I love Canada.  I think of myself as part Canadian.  I grew up in Buffalo and would cross the border regularly.  My parents had a summer cottage on Lake Erie in Ontario.  Toronto is still one of my favorite cities.  We'd go to the Science Centre at least annually and used to watch the Blue Jays play every year at Exhibition Stadium during the CNE.  I even know all of the words to the Canadian national anthem from Buffalo Sabres games.

But clamato?  No, nope, nada.  Tomato or V8 are the only acceptable answers for me.

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

But clamato?  No, nope, nada.  Tomato or V8 are the only acceptable answers for me.

Your family had the same summer traditions as ours. Throw in a trip to the Falls and the CNE and it is the exact same as ours when I grew up.

Tim Horton's or Dunkin?  That will say it all.😉😂

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your family had the same summer traditions as ours. Throw in a trip to the Falls and the CNE and it is the exact same as ours when I grew up.

Tim Horton's or Dunkin?  That will say it all.😉😂

Definitely Timmy's.  I mostly drink espresso now (all the caffeine and much less liquid, if you know what I mean), but I used to be double-double guy.  I live in Cincinnati now and my parents would drive between Cincinnati and Buffalo.  They got excited when they found a Timmy's just off I-71 between Cincinnati and Columbus.  They'd leave my house in the morning, drive about 30 minutes, and pull over for coffee.

Now that we live in the backwoods of Arkansas, we're practically on lockdown all the time, even before the virus started, LOL.  We are really rural.  The only hardship I've experienced is the closure of restaurants and shops like TJMax and Hobby Lobby in Mountain Home AR.  Most restaurants stayed open to curbside or take out so we could go into town and still get meals.  But I cooked a lot, not out of the ordinary.  Our 2 counties around here were hardly affected.  NO deaths whatsoever, only 6 confirmed cases so far, 5 of which recovered but they have reported no deaths so don't know about the 6th person.  Since Governor has opened state back up, things are booming. Lots of cars back on the road etc.  Stores are open and WalMart stayed open through it all.  As far as we are concerned, this whole virus scare has been a big nothing burger.  So hoping we get to cruise in September and next April though.

• Like 2