Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Tell that to all the mom’s who watched Vampire Diaries.  😉

Outer Banks was great. The last episode reminded me a bit of a famous Shakespearean play.I have been recommending the show to friends.

i read an online interview with the actors portraying Sara,John B and Rafe .They are all living in a condo in South Carolina.The Sara and John B character are a couple in real life.

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Outer Banks was great. The last episode reminded me a bit of a famous Shakespearean play.I have been recommending the show to friends.

i read an online interview with the actors portraying Sara,John B and Rafe .They are all living in a condo in South Carolina.The Sara and John B character are a couple in real life.

We are only at episode 7 so far. When the dad started to climb the boat ladder with the hook at the end of the episode. 😱

Sarah and John B have great chemistry on screen, so that might explain it. Did you know he is almost 29 and she is 24.  Kinda like the 90210 actors, age was a number. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are only at episode 7 so far. When the dad started to climb the boat ladder with the hook at the end of the episode. 😱

Sarah and John B have great chemistry on screen, so that might explain it. Did you know he is almost 29 and she is 24.  Kinda like the 90210 actors, age was a number. 

I read that she will be 23 in December and he will be 28 in September.They are look a lot older than 16.

Successful day today in Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines.  We took the van into the city and did the usual shopping, wearing masks, having our shoes cleaned, temperature taken, hands sanitized, signing in with our name, address, phone #, and recording our temperature.  I put 36.5 C every time.  My usual internet cafe was not open, but we just happened to park in front of one I never saw before.  They must be new at it, did not clean my shoes, no temperature taken.  They had 10 slow computers and no customers.  I printed out our 6/9/20 plane tickets for Philippine Airlines Manila to JFK non-stop.  I also printed a letter from the US Embassy in Manila saying we are US Citizens going home and as per the agreement we should be allowed to go to the airport (NAIA).   They charged me 19 pesos (38 cents) for the computer time and the two color prints.  I gave them 30 pesos.   A week before the flight we will need paperwork from the local (Santa) office saying that my wife, myself and our driver have all sheltered in place for over 14 days.  Now just waiting for the rainy season and our 6/8/20 trip to Manila.

• Like 4

Had a real start to rainy season this weekend, thunder and lightening Saturday morning scared the 5 puppies.  It rained hard 3 times on Saturday and twice today, and all 5 times our satellite tv went off for 10 or 15 minutes.  Was very disappointed tonight watching GMA news with a lead in about a landlord in Caloocan, Metro Manila, who did not receive rent so he removed the door and roof on the house, then the rain came and the service went.  Just got an email a few minutes ago that our 6/9/20 flight to JFK has been moved back to 6/18/20 same flight number and itinerary.  So we wait 9 days more.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:52 AM, BecciBoo said:

Now that we live in the backwoods of Arkansas, we're practically on lockdown all the time, even before the virus started, LOL.  We are really rural.  The only hardship I've experienced is the closure of restaurants and shops like TJMax and Hobby Lobby in Mountain Home AR.  Most restaurants stayed open to curbside or take out so we could go into town and still get meals.  But I cooked a lot, not out of the ordinary.  Our 2 counties around here were hardly affected.  NO deaths whatsoever, only 6 confirmed cases so far, 5 of which recovered but they have reported no deaths so don't know about the 6th person.  Since Governor has opened state back up, things are booming. Lots of cars back on the road etc.  Stores are open and WalMart stayed open through it all.  As far as we are concerned, this whole virus scare has been a big nothing burger.  So hoping we get to cruise in September and next April though.

When kids were small we went a few times to a place on the "Promised Land" peninsula into Bull Shoals Lake, Oakland, Ark.

Loved it up there.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:01 AM, mugtech said:

Just got an email a few minutes ago that our 6/9/20 flight to JFK has been moved back to 6/18/20 same flight number and itinerary.  So we wait 9 days more.

When was your original flight home?  I feel like you have been waiting for months already. 

If we are still asking "how are day was", ours was great.  We went sailing on Lake St Clair, "The Little Great Lake".  We had 85 degrees, blue skies, and a steady wind.  It was a wonderful sail with very few boats out which makes it even better.  We are glad we have kept our boat, as this may be the only cruising we do for the next year, or so.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

....being born in Romania, "mititei" (or "mici") are named only by those "in the know" 😁

The bosses parents both from Romania and fled to Isarel. The boss was born in Isarel and has duel citizenship. (US/Isarel). She went to Medical School in Romania. 

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Her Dad in 62, mom followed a year and half later.

The "authorities" were harsh on those who wanted to immigrate (which is more like "fled"). 

My parents tried several times to fled, but were allowed legally only in 1966, when father was nearing his full pension.

Of course, he got nothing the moment we left - he started from zero (pension wise).

My parents immigrated to let me have a better life....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Thanks 1