Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Our Travel Agent has us all checked in for our Allure cruise next week, and has our luggage tags printed out for us, but she's unable to print our boarding passes for the four of us.  She's been on the phone with the IT department, but still no luck printing it.  It just shows a blank page.  She had me log on also, so that I can see what she sees.  Not a big deal, she said we just have to give them our Reservation number at the Port, but she's never had this happen before.  Meanwhile, she keeps trying.  We still have 9 days before we sail.

Maryann, I sure  hope it's resolved before you leave for your cruise.  I wouldn't worry too much since you have all of the necessary documents.

So many are either sailing or about to.  Debbie, Ellen, Jane, soon you, Mimi and I'm sure a few others.  Smooth sails to all of you.

@Ozark_KidI don't recall if I wished you happy birthday, so belated wishes!!  Your grandkids sure made it special.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

The very first time I ate at Benihana's was back around 1968 when I lived in Fr. Lauderdale.  When I moved back to NYC, I brought my parents to Benihana's in Mid-town Manhattan.  My Dad was so cute;  he stood up and applauded the chef!  I will never forget that evening!!

I was only in the one in Manhattan once ,many,many years ago.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Another bracket buster........No. 4 Arkansas just took down No. 1 Gonzaga😮😲

I had Gonzaga to beat Auburn in the final game.I do not think I am doing too good this year.

Now I get to root for my favorite team in the tournament,St.Peters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A couple at out table was complaining because they raised the price of the fried rice.  The waiter told them that everything on the menu went up in price.   

Just a sign of the times.  Just arranged for our hot tub to be drained, serviced, and refilled next week. They now have a $10 fuel surcharge.

Good thing Amazon doesn’t have a fuel surcharge, based on the number of packages we get each week. 

Prices seem to be going up every week, we had a great dinner with one of our favorite musicians, he has been playing in Dallas for over 60 years, he mostly plays jazz standards like Sinatra, but also has a salsa band ,at the end of his set we kidded him and requested one ton tomato. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Picked up our grandson after school and took him out to eat, then bowling.  

266BD502-DB1F-4EA3-BB41-2AB63BCC0BB7.thumb.jpeg.c8e2e57008b018071c23c4e0a965f652.jpeg

Grandkids are great, you get to do all the fun stuff again. We're just at the beginning of our grandparent phase, one age 1 and one to be in September 

• Like 5

@grapau27with your experience of recently being on a European cruise, what are the current protocols on board and in the ports.

Appreciate it was a different cruise line, but yesterday we had to pay our balance for our June cruise and still no information about covid rules.  RC and Celebrity are back in Europe in a couple of weeks.

@dani negreanuas you're going to be in Rome two days before are you planning to get your covid tests in Rome or waiting to see what's needed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

@dani negreanuas you're going to be in Rome two days before are you planning to get your covid tests in Rome or waiting to see what's needed?

That.

And, on another note... I've been trying for several months, that is, from the moment Captain Kate was chosen to be at the helm of Beyond, to see if I'd luck out and she will be on board. Asked on her Instagram, TikTok several times -- no reply....

Yesterday I've tried again, seeing there were only 5 comments before me, and, surprise -- she replied that "yes, and thank you for sailing with me"...

How kind and nice of her! Then she proceeded to ask where I'm from, told me she visited Israel many years ago and is roaring to visit again, being a Christian is very important to her...

She gave me her cell number for the sailing.... and asked for mine. I gave her, of course.

We shall see....

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That.

And, on another note... I've been trying for several months, that is, from the moment Captain Kate was chosen to be at the helm of Beyond, to see if I'd luck out and she will be on board. Asked on her Instagram, TikTok several times -- no reply....

Yesterday I've tried again, seeing there were only 5 comments before me, and, surprise -- she replied that "yes, and thank you for sailing with me"...

How kind and nice of her! Then she proceeded to ask where I'm from, told me she visited Israel many years ago and is roaring to visit again, being a Christian is very important to her...

She gave me her cell number for the sailing.... and asked for mine. I gave her, of course.

We shall see....

Oh  Dani, you might get invited to dine with the captain!  How nice of her. I've heard so many good things about her,  glad she's going to be on our sailing. And looking forward to seeing the famous cat. 

See you mentioned on the roll call  Civitavecchiacabservices. We were thinking of booking a shared service with Civitavecchiashuttleexpress. They are offering two people in a shared transport for €65 from the airport 

I'll have to do some research on the port pages about how reliable they are 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We were thinking of booking a shared service with Civitavecchiashuttleexpress. They are offering two people in a shared transport for €65 from the airport 

If you're not in a hurry -- go for it.

I've read of many people booking a "shared" and find they're alone for the specific hour of landing, so win-win.

We booked a private transfer since we traveled with my cousin from Germany from Rome to port and back, arriving and leaving by plane on separate days. In 2015 we paid 140 Euro for 4 persons.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sgmn said:

@grapau27with your experience of recently being on a European cruise, what are the current protocols on board and in the ports.

Appreciate it was a different cruise line, but yesterday we had to pay our balance for our June cruise and still no information about covid rules.  RC and Celebrity are back in Europe in a couple of weeks.

Hi Sue @sgmn

On our 14 night P&O Iona cruise from Southampton March 5th-19th masks were required while walking around the ship and in the theatre which had social distancing cards on seats.

When getting off the ship in Spain security took a temperature check as required by Spain 

Vigo Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Gibraltar- no restrictions.Face masks not required in shops.

Alicante Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Barcelona Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Cadiz Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Lisbon Portugal- we had to go on the Portuguese web site to fill in a Passenger Locator form but were not asked for it when we got off or back on the Ship but masks required in shops.

There was lots of Quarantine cabins but I heard of no one with Covid on board and except for a medical emergency in Cadiz no one was offloaded with Covid 

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Our clocks go forward 1 hour at 2am on Sunday morning in the UK.

Ours went this night.... I'm so so happy. I hate the long dark hours of the winter. Paradoxically, we're still experiencing a very long spell of cold weather 😢

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So many are either sailing or about to.  Debbie, Ellen, Jane, soon you, Mimi and I'm sure a few others.  Smooth sails to all of you.

Add us to the list.  Harmony on April 10.  Strange that we haven't done any planning and haven't built up any excitement yet, and we're only 16 days away.  The only thing we've done is order the eMed tests and put in a couple of RoyalUp bids.  Not sure that I even want to win a bid as this is one of the cheap Majesty L&S deals in a GS that @molly361 found (thanks Ellen!).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We’re sailing April 10th as well!  On Celebrity Edge.  We’ve sailed Edge three times since cruising resumed.  It’s funny how convinced we were that the Edge Class was NOT our cup of tea; we loved Solstice Class.  All the weird designer Hoppen touches, that strange bow, that jarring blue, that grotesque orange appendage, no Sky Lounge, no shade at the Sunset Bar…no, no, no!!!  Then some friends were going on Edge and we wanted to see them so we grudgingly went along.  We LOVED Edge!!!  We love the infinite veranda…we love the 4 MDR concept…I could go on but suffice it to say never say never.

But then recently we sailed on Reflection…got a great price when she first went back to service..and we remembered all the things we loved about the Solstice Class.  So there is no one favorite class…different things to love about both.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Add us to the list.  Harmony on April 10.  Strange that we haven't done any planning and haven't built up any excitement yet, and we're only 16 days away.  The only thing we've done is order the eMed tests and put in a couple of RoyalUp bids.  Not sure that I even want to win a bid as this is one of the cheap Majesty L&S deals in a GS that @molly361 found (thanks Ellen!).

You welcome  My last L and S is in May and I am bidding on a CL AND the two bedroom aqua suite. I figure I'll never get another chance at them so what the heck. That said I have never won a RU yet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our clocks go forward 1 hour at 2am on Sunday morning in the UK.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Ours went this night.... I'm so so happy. I hate the long dark hours of the winter. Paradoxically, we're still experiencing a very long spell of cold weather 😢

What I liked when our time changed this month is that my alarm clock in the bedroom shows the right time again!  It will be good for 6 months.  Maybe longer if I adjust it this fall. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You welcome  My last L and S is in May and I am bidding on a CL AND the two bedroom aqua suite. I figure I'll never get another chance at them so what the heck. That said I have never won a RU yet

We bid on a CLS and an OS (both slightly more than min bid).  We've been in a CLS twice and love it...especially easy access to CK/SL.  I'm interested in seeing how being in a GS on Oasis class compares.  Our only other GS experience was on Serenade and while nice, the benefits don't compare vs. Oasis class.  I certainly won't turn down either a CLS or an OS if we get lucky, but we've never won a RU yet either.  I'm not expecting to win since we did not bid aggressively.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We bid on a CLS and an OS (both slightly more than min bid).  We've been in a CLS twice and love it...especially easy access to CK/SL.  I'm interested in seeing how being in a GS on Oasis class compares.  Our only other GS experience was on Serenade and while nice, the benefits don't compare vs. Oasis class.  I certainly won't turn down either a CLS or an OS if we get lucky, but we've never won a RU yet either.  I'm not expecting to win since we did not bid aggressively.  

I didn't bid high either

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I hope you win.  I think our chance of winning our next RU is very low but who knows.  We have a bid for a GS. At the current time none are available and only one suite above it. Maybe they will open more up. 49 days to go.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I didn't bid high either

We have bid on a Grand Loft, Owners Loft and a Royal Loft Suite on Quantum for May.  I really doubt we will get one but why not try. Our bids weren't high either but I did bid above the minimums.  There have been no sky or star suites available on this sailing for over a year.  We shall see.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Arizona gone too

I was just looking at the app ....... the Score , dark blue background, giant white S underscored in yellow and the favorite tonight is Purdue over St. Peter’s.  I don’t understand the betting line however they do analyze the game if you click on it.   I couldn’t watch Duke last night . So why don’t you like coach K ?   I used to like Joe Paterno and even went to the Rose Bowl to watch Penn State play . We had great seats courtesy of an alumnus .  We all know what happened to JoePa. 

On 3/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Sea Dog said:

She has had both. RFA was on one side this recent nerve block was done on the another. I hope it gives her some relief. Thank you for your comments.

I hope she feels better, it’s hard to enjoy life when your in pain. I know you have a retirement to enjoy 💕💕

• Like 2