Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Thank you for the many wonderful birthday wishes.  I didn't thank individual names because I just know I will feel terrible if I leave anyone out.  Just know I appreciate every single one.

Special note to @dani negreanu: Dani, I didn't need Jack to translate! Todah Rabah.

I got a red cast iron dutch oven delivered from my daughter and family.  She told me I would be getting another delivery tomorrow that goes with the first gift.

Three of my girlfriends took me to Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  I had a chicken pasta dish that was so good I ate every morsel with nothing left over.

We were too stuffed to have individual desserts so we shared a decadent slice of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.

image.thumb.jpeg.d088e253327c5ab79db8867d11f72b7e.jpeg

Too stuffed for a heavy dinner out so Jack and I will go somewhere tomorrow night, or lunch which oftentimes we prefer.

• Like 14

@Ocean BoyI think I might have posted this a while ago.  I was on the infamous Celebrity Horizon Legionnaire's Disease cruise to Bermuda out of Manhattan.  In spite of a passenger dying and quite a few getting ill, we cruised again on the same ship the following year.

Cause was found to be the hot tub.  I don't think I've been in one since I read that.  Hot tub owners, please don't yell at me.  I'm talking about public ones.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

How is Linda ? She must have been exhausted taking care of your darling pups and looking after you.  

She's a saint. I don't know how she does it and doesn't complain. I can take care of myself pretty much now except for her help on putting my cold therapy leg wrap on. The puppies are wearing her out. They have way too much energy and it's a challenge getting them not to chew on everything in the house. They are getting better at potty training. Charlie is good now at waiting at the back door and whining to be let out to do his business. Thank you for asking.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was thinking Rachel and Marco should have a cook off.     That would be amazing if we could be there for it.    There are 2 of the best chefs on any of the BD series, IMO.  

Too bad Bravo does not have a partnership with the Food Network, That would be very interesting like a iron chef show. As good as Rachel and Marco I also think Chef Ben and Chef Adam were pretty good too. I really like Ben. I would like to eat at Marco's Restaurant out in California.

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

I can see why you delaying the second knee until after the Bella cruise.  Wish recovery was going faster for you.

Me too. But most people I've talked to say it will take at least 6-8 months if not a year to fully recover.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What  ship is your Hawaii Cruise on? We did our Hawaii Cruise from San Diego also on Serenade of the Seas back in 2007...... 15 nighter.

Koningsdam ,  Holland America .  Never sailed on this cruise line before . 

Happy birthday , Bonnie ! 

• Like 3

Well, here we are, cruise-less in Hawaii since Royal cancelled our 2022 Ovation Hawaii Cruise.  It’s going to be pretty relaxing here, mainly with lots of eating- kind of like on a cruise.  It’s not too hot, not too cold.  Misty rain on and off which is pretty refreshing and create lots of rainbows.  DH survived his first surfing lesson today.  He was able to get up briefly a few times.  Will go out for his next lesson Thursday.  

EC78DB9F-1278-42FB-A1B4-1A2FE35C237B.thumb.jpeg.37823f0ed326ecb7f0991ae354de40fb.jpeg

• Like 17

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And to that, I say “Let’s go Pens!!!”

Congratulations on a hard fought win.

The worst part of these triple overtime games is no beer sales after the 2nd period. That almost 4 more periods - another hockey game - with a very dry throat. 😁

Of course, I lost my voice along time ago & my ears are still ringing. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Congratulations on a hard fought win.

The worst part of these triple overtime games is no beer sales after the 2nd period. That almost 4 more periods - another hockey game - with a very dry throat. 😁

Of course, I lost my voice along time ago & my ears are still ringing. 

Something tells me it will be a long, hard fought series.   Those are killers when you have a goal overturned, then to go that many OT.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 8:11 AM, Ocean Boy said:

@ReneeFLLThank you and Mike for the  evenings in the Champagne Lounge. I enjoyed our conversations very much. You are fortunate to have more time aboard.

I'm feeling quite peaceful right now. JetBlue better not do anything to screw that up!😐

We also enjoyed talking with you. Champagne Bar isn’t as much fun as it was last week. First day of this voyage my Champagne Bar drinks consisted of 5 bottles of water for the room. 😩  Pulled a muscle in my back yesterday so no drinking for me. Didn’t even leave the room for dinner or breakfast this morning but did make it for lunch. Also had a few drinks there and it was very busy for the hour and a half I was there. I still don’t understand why they turned the CB into the Bionic Bar on the Wonder. What a waste.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

i wish I was fully recovered. It is my final week of therapy after 12 weeks. I will continue at home. I still have some pain at time that treat with Tylenol. I still use the cold therapy as I still have some swelling. I still have a portion of my knee that is still numb and I or maybe not get full feeling back. Have a doctors appointment tomorrow with the surgeon. I imagine he will say everything is progressing nicely. It’s just going to take time to really feel technically recovered.

Give us a idea of who is on it if you can. I’m interested in who’s the chief stew and chef is. I don’t think it will air here for another month.

Mathew Shea is chef.

Katie is chief steward.

Sandy is captain.

Malia is bosun.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Good morning.

It is 52°F and cloudy with light rain here in North East England.

It would be good if testing was stopped looking at how Sue and Dani are getting 1 then 2 then 1 day messages for testing in Italy.

For us currently in the UK to fly to the US we need a test 1 day before our flight and another test in the US to get on the ship in the US if we have a pre cruise hotel ☹️

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you for the many wonderful birthday wishes.  I didn't thank individual names because I just know I will feel terrible if I leave anyone out.  Just know I appreciate every single one.

Special note to @dani negreanu: Dani, I didn't need Jack to translate! Todah Rabah.

I got a red cast iron dutch oven delivered from my daughter and family.  She told me I would be getting another delivery tomorrow that goes with the first gift.

Three of my girlfriends took me to Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  I had a chicken pasta dish that was so good I ate every morsel with nothing left over.

We were too stuffed to have individual desserts so we shared a decadent slice of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.

image.thumb.jpeg.d088e253327c5ab79db8867d11f72b7e.jpeg

Too stuffed for a heavy dinner out so Jack and I will go somewhere tomorrow night, or lunch which oftentimes we prefer.

Happy Belated Birthday Bonnie! It sounds like you had a nice day and a great lunch.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We also enjoyed talking with you. Champagne Bar isn’t as much fun as it was last week. First day of this voyage my Champagne Bar drinks consisted of 5 bottles of water for the room. 😩  Pulled a muscle in my back yesterday so no drinking for me. Didn’t even leave the room for dinner or breakfast this morning but did make it for lunch. Also had a few drinks there and it was very busy for the hour and a half I was there. I still don’t understand why they turned the CB into the Bionic Bar on the Wonder. What a waste.

Sorry to hear that you've run into some difficulties. I hope you are feeling better soon. I usually am ready to get back to work after a week at sea but I am really missing the ship and ship  board life.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

so sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling better.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Mathew Shea is chef.

Katie is chief steward.

Sandy is captain.

Malia is bosun.

This sounds like last season. You guys must get it later than we do.

• Like 3

I still don’t understand why they turned the CB into the Bionic Bar on the Wonder. What a waste.

Completely agree.  The Bionic Bar seems like a waste of space on every ship.  I understand why they do it though...it makes for good marketing in their commercials, showing how "innovative" they are.  And brand new cruisers all seem to want to try it.  I've never met anyone who has done it more than once.  I would much rather have a Champagne Bar with a real, good, bartender.  

• Like 12

I hope you feel better soon😃

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Completely agree.  The Bionic Bar seems like a waste of space on every ship.  I understand why they do it though...it makes for good marketing in their commercials, showing how "innovative" they are.  And brand new cruisers all seem to want to try it.  I've never met anyone who has done it more than once.  I would much rather have a Champagne Bar with a real, good, bartender.  

I have watched as walking by the bionic bar but have not even done it once.   On our last Anthem sailing there was a lot of families with young children that were getting drinks.   

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Well, here we are, cruise-less in Hawaii since Royal cancelled our 2022 Ovation Hawaii Cruise.  It’s going to be pretty relaxing here, mainly with lots of eating- kind of like on a cruise.  It’s not too hot, not too cold.  Misty rain on and off which is pretty refreshing and create lots of rainbows.  DH survived his first surfing lesson today.  He was able to get up briefly a few times.  Will go out for his next lesson Thursday.  

EC78DB9F-1278-42FB-A1B4-1A2FE35C237B.thumb.jpeg.37823f0ed326ecb7f0991ae354de40fb.jpeg

Nice rainbow. We were supposed to be cruising from Hawaii last week on Ovation  but RC cancel. We thought about flying there too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

She's a saint. I don't know how she does it and doesn't complain. I can take care of myself pretty much now except for her help on putting my cold therapy leg wrap on. The puppies are wearing her out. They have way too much energy and it's a challenge getting them not to chew on everything in the house. They are getting better at potty training. Charlie is good now at waiting at the back door and whining to be let out to do his business. Thank you for asking.

Too bad Bravo does not have a partnership with the Food Network, That would be very interesting like a iron chef show. As good as Rachel and Marco I also think Chef Ben and Chef Adam were pretty good too. I really like Ben. I would like to eat at Marco's Restaurant out in California.

Me too. But most people I've talked to say it will take at least 6-8 months if not a year to fully recover.

Greg, the skin on my replaced knee and on up my thigh 4 or 5 inches was numb for several years. Felt odd when I touched them because it was like touching someone else’s knee. 
Then one day I realized it wasn’t numb any more. Didn’t notice when it stopped. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Greg, the skin on my replaced knee and on up my thigh 4 or 5 inches was numb for several years. Felt odd when I touched them because it was like touching someone else’s knee. 
Then one day I realized it wasn’t numb any more. Didn’t notice when it stopped. 

Nerves regenerate, if they do at all, very slowly.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

NHL Hockey Playoff. Round 1, game 1. 

LET'S GO RANGERS!

I know someone else who was at the game last night.

They like it all except for the final score. 

• Like 4