Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

A little update from this corner on my pain condition.  Just tapered off and completed a 2 week course of the super-duper oral steroid, Prednisone.  I wish I could say that this was the Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris of steroids and worked a miracle and knocked this sciatic pain off.  It was more on the level of the Minions.  It sorta, kinda worked.  That sciatic nerve is pretty pesky.  So much so that I have named it since it is so personal and attached to me.  I named it Merv.  Merv the Nerve.  At least, I am not where I was 3 weeks ago.

We decided to go ahead with our travel plans as planned.  We leave tomorrow with a stopover in Calgary and then onto Rome.  Will spend 4 days in Florence before heading to Civitavecchia for our 12 Night  Odyssey Holy Land & Greece Cruise.  After that will be the 13 Night TA back to FLL.  This will be our third TA.  We have the UDP for the TA.  I love all the specialty restaurants offered on this ship, especially Playmaker.  It will be first time trying Wonderland.  I plan to eat a lot and drink a lot to where I will probably gain 20 lbs.  Maybe I'm just kidding.

I know I will have to pace myself with the planned tours at each port and know my limits.  I just hope Merv will be cooperative and not be a pain in the butt.  I can't wait to get up that first morning on the ship before sunrise and get that sunrise picture.  We won't have internet so I won't be able to post until we do.  But whenever I can, I will post updates and pictures.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Hoping Merv stays away and you can thoroughly enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Make sure you get to  The Swizzle Inn Pub then and have Rum Swizzle

https://www.swizzleinn.com/

http://www.swizzleinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/swizzle.jpg

And write your name or message on the wall.  I always love seeing the message my Dad wrote to us on their wall the year before he became ill and passed away.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I watched Survivor… I have seen a few ads for the New Love Boat… I was out before the first episode. 

On an honesty note.  I didn’t like the original Love Boat.  I did like Fantasy Island and a little bit Dallas (contemporaries) 

jc

Deep down I know you loved seeing Charo on the show. Cuchi-cuchi.

The rooms on the show made me laugh, at their size and layout. No where near the truth. 

Just me thank-full you don’t said on Princess, last time I was on them they played the Love Boat. 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I won't even go to the one 90 minutes away 😒 

LOL, that’s why I mentioned the one in France. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

Florence is only about a hour from Pisa and more interesting , loved seeing David.

Think our port was Livorno and there was a royal excursion by train to Florence, they guided us to the centre of Florence and then we had free time until the return. 

We were in port for 12 hours so we probably got five or six hours in Florence 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’d suggest skipping both Pisa and Florence and instead take the train to Cinque Terra. Very easy. 

I agree from La Spezia  but think Liverno is closer to Florence. 

We haven't been to La Spezia yet, it's on my to do list. I would love to see the Cinque Terra ports 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Survivor anyone?

Do you have a favorite yet?  Cody shot to the top of my list last night.  Are you watching Amazing Race  Favorite there?  I like the twins.  I thought the whiny one should have left.

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Machu Pichu is another matter.  You have to go from the sea to the high mountains, Cusco, then train to MP?  That must be a multi day stop in Lima I can’t imagine acclimating with all of the aged people on the cruise with less than 3 days in port.  Even then a challenge.  

Yes it is a long way from Lima to Machu Pichu.  Not sure if I have shared this here or not but I was an exchange student back in high school.  I lived in Peru for 3 months in a northern town, Chiclayo.  There were 50 US students throughout the country that summer.  We were all given the opportunity to visit Cusco and MP, most took advantage.  We stayed with families in Cusco, and a small fishing village a train stop away from MP in very rough conditions, but hey we were teenagers.  What a great adventure.

My granddaughter is in a Spanish immersion program where they are starting to learn about South American countries, pulled my pictures out to share with her last weekend.  Here is one of me at MP, so happy to have had the whole experience in Peru.

20220924_165231.thumb.jpg.1fef290befb9aad493bf461f9fd94baa.jpg

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Yes it is a long way from Lima to Machu Pichu.  Not sure if I have shared this here or not but I was an exchange student back in high school.  I lived in Peru for 3 months in a northern town, Chiclayo.  There were 50 US students throughout the country that summer.  We were all given the opportunity to visit Cusco and MP, most took advantage.  We stayed with families in Cusco, and a small fishing village a train stop away from MP in very rough conditions, but hey we were teenagers.  What a great adventure.

My granddaughter is in a Spanish immersion program where they are starting to learn about South American countries, pulled my pictures out to share with her last weekend.  Here is one of me at MP, so happy to have had the whole experience in Peru.

20220924_165231.thumb.jpg.1fef290befb9aad493bf461f9fd94baa.jpg

Cool pic.  What a great memory and experience.  I am jealous.

We must have met the descendants of your llamas.  There were several amongst the ruins.

jc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Do you have a favorite yet?  Cody shot to the top of my list last night.  Are you watching Amazing Race  Favorite there?  I like the twins.  I thought the whiny one should have left.

I don't have a favorite yet on either show but I was happy for the twins finish last night.  I would not be disappointed at all if they won.  They have a neat story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

2nd month Birthday was yesterday. 

Living the good life!

image.thumb.png.2475b7bc612d40300a2dfaed32ed30cd.png

Great pics. Happy two months!!

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Not starting mine till I have a negative covid test in hand

Did you get your second booster? We got ours a couple of weeks ago. We had no side effects at all.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I won't even go to the one 90 minutes away 😒 

We took our daughter to Disney World when she was 5.  She insisted rather strongly that she wanted to go on that boat ride "It's a Small World" as often as possible.  Fast forward a few days later when we were back home and strolling in the shopping mall near us. Well we had to go into the Disney Store and what did we hear playing all through the store?  Yup, "It's a Small World".  The clerks greeted us with smiles and perky welcomes.  I honestly wanted to puke!!

• Haha 12

Every one here is praying for her recovery !!!

Elite Israeli Air Force unit rescues American who had heart attack on Odyssey between Ashdod (Israel) and Limassol (Cyprus), according to the Times of Israel -- 

"....

Elite Israeli Air Force unit rescues American who had heart attack on cruise ship

Evacuation made following requests by American officials; woman brought to Haifa hospital.

The Israeli Air Force’s elite helicopter-borne search and rescue unit evacuated an elderly American citizen from a cruise in the Mediterranean early Thursday morning, after she apparently had a heart attack.

The Unit 669 crew brought the woman to Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center, where she was being treated.

The evacuation was made following a request made by American officials, according to a military source.

There was no immediate comment from Rambam on the woman’s condition.

Unit 669, which specializes in complex combat rescue operations, including outside of Israel’s borders, is routinely dispatched to rescue civilians in incidents where civil emergency services are unable to.

..."

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10