Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 12/1/2022 at 9:31 PM, Ocean Boy said:

What did you not like about it?

When we cruised on Anthem's 1st year, the shows were We will rock you (WWRY), Spectra and the Gift.

I've read the same opinions about Gift, like Helen's ( @FromSea2ShiningSea). Actually, it was unanimous that WWRY is one the best shows and as of Spectra -- the "jury" was "divided"...

I decided to book the 3 shows, mainly because we don't go to other shows/comedy, trivia, quest, love & marriage, which necessitate a good command of English, not to mention my shy DH's participation....

I said to myself: "I'll see nice costumes, dance, effects -- I really don't mind if the story 'doesn't make sense' ". It is free, I don't have to be anywhere else, just give it a try.

I rest my case 😉

• Like 8

@George C I agree with you re the food.  Not only the food but service in the MDRs.  Of our five dinners we had acceptable service on only two nights.  What is especially puzzling is we’ve sailed several times on Edge and Equinox since resumption…and they both had better food execution and service.  I would have thought the newest ship would have the best!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Grandma in waiting. 

Christina is now in her 38th. Week.  

Her doctor asked her if she would like to be induced.  She goes. “Do I need to be induced?” He goes. “ No just giving you the option”. She goes. “No let her grow, safest place for her”. 

B3EC2E65-721B-499A-B6D2-404FB1CA33BB.thumb.jpeg.28a47eb28bea8e4caa7dec000c4a6dc9.jpeg

80267FDC-2B67-44FA-8A5E-E56CF2F1F702.thumb.jpeg.3d5d23a7a5b3282f617f735d00442073.jpeg

A79F9741-CF10-438B-85A6-9CA67A213643.thumb.jpeg.8165c7273db34cac140c796e1c7714f3.jpeg

Due date December 17. 

🥰

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

When we cruised on Anthem's 1st year, the shows were We will rock you (WWRY), Spectra and the Gift.

I've read the same opinions about Gift, like Helen's ( @FromSea2ShiningSea). Actually, it was unanimous that WWRY is one the best shows and as of Spectra -- the "jury" was "divided"...

I decided to book the 3 shows, mainly because we don't go to other shows/comedy, trivia, quest, love & marriage, which necessitate a good command of English, not to mention my shy DH's participation....

I said to myself: "I'll see nice costumes, dance, effects -- I really don't mind if the story 'doesn't make sense' ". It is free, I don't have to be anywhere else, just give it a try.

I rest my case 😉

I think OB is asking about The Book on Odyssey though and people are talking about The Gift on Anthem.  I have seen the original The Gift and the newer, revised The Gift on Anthem and the improved version is a lot easier to understand since the narrator basically tells you the entire story.  I am not sure if The Book is the same as The Gift.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

But I say if it gets near the end of the year, do it and get that tax deduction.  But, then again, that would be close to 42 weeks.

My daughter is a Dec 31 baby. Expenses (so that I don't have to hear the you are depriving me line) are way more than tax deductions! 🤣🤣

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely doing the Happy Dance when I brought out the small luggage bag this morning and started packing my bathroom items.   

This will be our first cruise without having to test.   YAY!!!

Have a wonderful cruise Debbie and Eric!

Looking forward to some pictures and your thoughts.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

This looks great!

Do you go for a special "thing" or just a little holiday get away?

Just to get away, we have been here before earlier this year in April, wanted to see what it was like around the Christmas Holiday.

Nice to get away from the Kitchen remodel too.

Just had a wonderful dinner down by the water at The Frying Pan.

My Wife had the Flounder and I had the Fan Tail Shrimp. It was excellent.

20221202_151655.jpg

20221202_153056.jpg

20221202_153323.jpg

20221202_153609.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like Deb, I would feel nobody noticed I was gone if I were away for awhile.

Do you recall a few years ago on the other thread that you,Dani and I post on and the woman who was a regular for many years who had not posted for quite some time.We were all concerned about her and the end result was not good.

I hope that H and Bob are okay and begin posting again . The other guy that I posted about never posted on this thread but as much as I post on this thread I post much more in the Floataway Lounge and probably more to him than anyone else.I am very worried about him.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Jimbo enjoy your week in NC!

In addition to HBE, @bobmacliberty hasn’t posted in a while.  I thought I might see something from him after his Bills beat up on the Patriots last light.  I hope everything’s okay with both of them and they’re just busy with holiday stuff.  

I'm here and all is well.  Thanks for the concern.  I've decided that I'm spending too much time online...not just here but on YouTube and other forms of social media.  I want to significantly reduce my online time and focus on other things.  I'm not quitting cold turkey and will stop here periodically, but not nearly as often.  We'll see how long that lasts. 😜

Oh, and Go Bills!

• Like 17

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A CC regular but not on this thread has not posted in 23 days.I posted a message in the Floataway Lounge about his absence.He and I also e-mail and he has not responded to two e-mails.He is an elderly gentleman and I am worried about him as are many of the people who have responded in the Floataway Lounge.

We only found the food OK on Beyond (non suite).  Maybe we were expecting too much as most people say Celebrity's food is better than RC 

The cakes in the cafe looked lovely and I enjoyed the Solarium Bistro for a light breakfast and lunch 

The daily snacks left in our room were truly awful 

Edit to say I meant to reply to George not Lennie, sorry 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@JimboThis place looks lovely, as do your dinners!  What is the temperature where you are?  Cold here today, but we finally got to the leaves (again!) in the front and back of the house.  Have a wonderful time there this week!

We  got here today at around 3pm and it was 65 degrees, tomorrows high is suppose to be 72 degrees.

Back in Virginia all the leaves are off the trees now, here on the shoreline in North Carolina the leaves are still on the trees but are changing colors and are beginning to just fall now.

This is the AirBnb we are staying at, we stayed here back in April also.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41769185?adults=2&check_in=2023-02-09&check_out=2023-02-16&source_impression_id=p3_1670022119_7u64nAubQcmU%2FRL%2B

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm here and all is well.  Thanks for the concern.  I've decided that I'm spending too much time online...not just here but on YouTube and other forms of social media. 

It can sometimes send you down those rabbit holes, like this one. 

• Haha 10

On 11/30/2022 at 2:18 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

We would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Eric's Mother passed away around 10 am.  

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I'm not sure how I feel about yet.

So sorry Debbie. I hope you and Eric are OK and dealing with her passing OK. I know you've had a few issues but it's still so painful when a parent (in law)  passes away. 

I've read that you've decided to take the cruise. Glad you've decided to go, some peaceful ocean time will do you both good

Take care

Sue

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home from a 14 night B2B Canary Islands cruise  which was absolutely fantastic.

Graham.

IMG_20221201_115007.jpg

IMG_20221130_185424.jpg

IMG_20221129_143825.jpg

IMG_20221127_134557.jpg

IMG_20221125_113232.jpg

IMG_20221127_131610.jpg

IMG_20221125_105741.jpg

IMG_20221121_141003.jpg

IMG_20221120_140704.jpg

Looks good Graham. What's it like passing through the Bay of Biscay this time of year ?

The food on P@O looks fab

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We only found the food OK on Beyond (non suite).  Maybe we were expecting too much as most people say Celebrity's food is better than RC 

The cakes in the cafe looked lovely and I enjoyed the Solarium Bistro for a light breakfast and lunch 

The daily snacks left in our room were truly awful 

Edit to say I meant to reply to George not Lennie, sorry 

While on those snacks! They are usually OK but on a recent sailing in concierge class, I was puzzled initially figuring out if it was chocolate covered cockroach or is it something made from plastic. So I requested our room attendant (who brought them in every afternoon) that we are opting out of this "perk" and to bring it in on the days she sees shrimp cocktail or cheese and crackers. For the entire sailing after that we got plate full of shrimp cocktail (not just 3 or 4 pieces, but a plate full) and cheese with crackers.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Looks good Graham. What's it like passing through the Bay of Biscay this time of year ?

The food on P@O looks fab

We flew from Newcastle to Tenerife.

We sailed from Tenerife to Madeira twice,Lanzarote,Gran Canaria,la Palma and Fuerteventura.

We had 3 nights in Tenerife.

Temperature was 72-82°F all the time we were away.

First night we ate in the buffet and the next 13 nights we ate in the Speciality restaurants Epicurean,Sindhu and Glass house.

The food was awesome.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We flew from Newcastle to Tenerife.

We sailed from Tenerife to Madeira twice,Lanzarote,Gran Canaria,la Palma and Fuerteventura.

We had 3 nights in Tenerife.

Temperature was 72-82°F all the time we were away.

First night we ate in the buffet and the next 13 nights we ate in the Speciality restaurants Epicurean,Sindhu and Glass house.

The food was awesome.

Sindhu ......Chef Atul, Michelin starred. WOW. No wonder the pics are so good. I was salivating over your food pictures of the Indian food. I have a couple of his books, but can never cook close!

Now I am SOOOOOO hungry!!!!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Just to get away, we have been here before earlier this year in April, wanted to see what it was like around the Christmas Holiday.

Nice to get away from the Kitchen remodel too.

Just had a wonderful dinner down by the water at The Frying Pan.

My Wife had the Flounder and I had the Fan Tail Shrimp. It was excellent.

20221202_151655.jpg

20221202_153056.jpg

20221202_153323.jpg

20221202_153609.jpg

Location and food look great!     Do you have a neighbor that watches your kitties?

• Like 1