Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I understand what you are saying. I have issues with having to plan as opposed to spontaneity. But then when I'm on deck watching a sunrise or sitting on my balcony at night looking out over the ocean and sipping a drink I'm reminded of why I love cruising.

Not awake for many sunrises but do love sunsets

image.thumb.jpeg.35fa9bfba102cbe90e208426f1420945.jpeg

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't wait to be back into sandals. Winter was a bit slow getting here but it has felt fairly brutal since it's arrival.

I hear you. Freezing rain advisory has been out for about 12 hours with it starting overnight. Then some rain snow mix. Winter is soon here. 

24 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I may have to get someone to give me a synopsis. Bad weather is coming and our dish doesn't like bad weather.  

We get rain fade but it is wet snow that really kills the dish signal. I hate having to go out and sweep it off. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Now I hear about the scramble to get a check in time (in the past we would just show up when we were ready), booking restaurants and shows (we liked my time dining and showing up when we were hungry), we liked to see a show if we were in the mood but not have to have reservations.  We have never liked the last morning having to get off the ship early.  So now I just really don't know if cruising is for us anymore. 

The ships smaller than Oasis class don’t require reservations for things. On Quantum class there was only one show that required it. We don’t get off the ship early on the last day. My Time dining is still there, too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The ships smaller than Oasis class don’t require reservations for things. On Quantum class there was only one show that required it. We don’t get off the ship early on the last day. My Time dining is still there, too.

We stay on as long as possible since we normally have hours to kill before flight.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We don't have anything booked and I am still hesitating because of protocols since we would want to do a Panama Canal cruise and I think there are still protocols in place. 

Now I hear about the scramble to get a check in time (in the past we would just show up when we were ready), booking restaurants and shows (we liked my time dining and showing up when we were hungry), we liked to see a show if we were in the mood but not have to have reservations.  We have never liked the last morning having to get off the ship early.  So now I just really don't know if cruising is for us anymore. 

I like to plan but wow not this much.  Sea days are somewhat easier but port days I wouldn't know how tired I would be in the evening, when I would want to eat, or if I would want to see a show.  I don't like Southwest airlines because of the having to get online to get a good boarding time.  I don't want to have to do it for a cruise.  

Now I am sad because I really thought in time we would cruise again but now I am not so sure.

We don't like to micro manage every day of the cruise either. I do not get on board with a spreadsheet! LOL I can see Crystal and Greg shaking their heads at me.😁🤣

There have been exceptions, but I am going to get on the ship, whether it is at 9 am or 3 pm, I will get to it ( in good time😉) when I get to it.

Now protocols, I go with the flow, so I am not worried about those. But if they matter to some people a lot and the should do whatever they feel is doable or acceptible to them. No judgements here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Grocery price hikes unbelievable!🤬
I need to build a shed with some chickens and a cow.

My vet went through a phase where she was going to raise her own "food". She ended up with a pet cow, a pet pig and pet chickens. 😀☺️She continues to buy food at the grocery store, just like everyone else. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 16

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Graham - You just reminded me of this web site that got sent to me:

Facts About Geography That Will Change How You See The World (buzzfeed.com)

Mostly US focused but some interesting facts involving other countries as well.

Those geography facts were amazing! I’m pretty good with geography as it’s always interested me but I was really shocked by some of them. Thanks for sharing the link.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We took our daughter shopping, and to lunch in Ohio today.  I can’t believe how much some restaurants have raised their prices.  Where we went today, we used to get a nice lunch for 3 for around $45.   Now that same lunch is north of $70. 

My lunch ……chicken sandwich and tortilla soup. 

08A06282-796E-4B69-994D-B74FC0E8AEB7.thumb.jpeg.a430f87abe5d997b19bfa1600c6df9ba.jpeg

The ladies had salads.  The one bright spot was this. 

2EDBACCF-F799-4835-B3B3-335F66F72A10.thumb.jpeg.6a2d0a776ffa3f00f28e526e0ccf8ea1.jpeg

Here in western PA, gas is $1.30 a gallon more.  I guess what I saved on a fill up helped pay for the increase in lunch price. 

Sounds like you had a lovely day out with your daughter.

Prices everywhere are insane!  However, just paid $2.39 a gallon in Plano, TX.  We were happy with that!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

My vet went through a phase where she was going to raise her own "food". She ended up with a pet cow, a pet pig and pet chickens. 😀☺️She continues to buy food at the grocery store, just like everyone else. 

My dad was an Ag teacher. We did grow a lot of our food. We had a giant garden and we had chickens (before it was cool). It was a crap-ton of work that dominated my childhood summers. I was either in the garden picking produce or in the kitchen preserving/canning it. Never again.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

My dad was an Ag teacher. We did grow a lot of our food. We had a giant garden and we had chickens (before it was cool). It was a crap-ton of work that dominated my childhood summers. I was either in the garden picking produce or in the kitchen preserving/canning it. Never again.

I only ever had a duck. She was adorable, but messy. She could come inside and would wake me up in the morning to lead me to the fridge where the lettuce was kept. I used to trade her eggs to the lady at the sportsmen's store for minnows for her wading pool. She made 1,000-year-old duck eggs out of them. Whatever that is. 

I like gardening. We've never had property or sunlight for a large one, so I imagine it would be a chore. I was an Ag inspector. ☺️ And obviously Sauerkraut should go in glass jars. 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

The only person who stated what they would do with the money if they won .

And if you didn't know where the money was going? I do appreciate him not using that as a way to garner votes as it has nothing to do with how the game was played.

• Like 3