Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had a great flight yesterday from a shockingly empty Logan Airport.  Breezed through check-in and security with no lines. Our AA flight left on time and arrived in Miami a few minutes early.  We’re staying at the Aloft Miami Brickell.  It’s fine, nice and clean but a little bare bones/minimalist in the room category. 
My wine on the flight yesterday.  An unknown vintage, choices offered by the flight attendant were “red or not red”, LOL. 
BB4C9DB5-9EC3-4FAB-AC07-9B854B995677.thumb.jpeg.eda36b0f63e985b688453af34ed2151a.jpeg

@h20skibumNo live report, I may do something post cruise on the NCL boards.  I will be posting a bit during the week here. 

@Ocean BoyBon Voyage!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We had a great flight yesterday from a shockingly empty Logan Airport.  Breezed through check-in and security with no lines. Our AA flight left on time and arrived in Miami a few minutes early.  We’re staying at the Aloft Miami Brickell.  It’s fine, nice and clean but a little bare bones/minimalist in the room category. 
My wine on the flight yesterday.  An unknown vintage, choices offered by the flight attendant were “red or not red”, LOL. 
BB4C9DB5-9EC3-4FAB-AC07-9B854B995677.thumb.jpeg.eda36b0f63e985b688453af34ed2151a.jpeg

@h20skibumNo live report, I may do something post cruise on the NCL boards.  I will be posting a bit during the week here. 

@Ocean BoyBon Voyage!

PVD was running very smoothly this morning also. No lines for anything and flight got off 5 minutes early. On schedule to land 15 minutes early at 9 AM. Love Jet Blue's free wifi. 

Wishing you a Buon  Viaggio too! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ocean BoyBon Voyage!

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

PVD was running very smoothly this morning also. No lines for anything and flight got off 5 minutes early. On schedule to land 15 minutes early at 9 AM. Love Jet Blue's free wifi. 

Wishing you a Buon  Viaggio too! 

Bon Voyage to the both of you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ocean BoyBon Voyage!

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just parked at the gate. 

How excited you guys must be, so close to being on your scheduled cruises.

I wish you safe travels.

Take care

Write updates if you can.

Be safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sitting in the terminal waiting for boarding to start. This has been quite a stress free morning. And just finished the safety video. All I need to do when I get aboard is stop at muster station and head to the Windjammer... Opens at 11:00.🙂

And for the record, check-in times matter not. No one looked or questioned. 

• Like 12

On 1/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, derorim said:

From what I've read, the tempered glass could have been chipped or scratched at some point, and eventually shattered.  Maybe the heated tile floor contributed to the instability?  We had the scale for over two years.  

We have one that looks like that. It’s about 10 years old and now I’ll be afraid to step on it. 😱 🤣

On 1/25/2023 at 7:11 AM, maggieq said:

Loving the tankless water heater.   

Curious on your second shingles shot. I had my first one a few weeks ago and had a pretty harsh reaction to it.  Not looking forward to the second one.  Had no reactions fro Covid 1&2 and flu shot.  Covid booster, yes but went away after 24 hours. 

When I had my shingles shots I had a little bit of pain and a bump with redness for about 10 days. I also had no reactions to the flu and covid shots/boosters.

On 1/26/2023 at 8:28 AM, bobmacliberty said:

The Ritz Carlton near us has a trivia contest every Wednesday night in their bar/casual restaurant.  We usually go with 2 other couples and have an ongoing rivalry with another group that is there regularly.  They usually win and we usually take second place. 🤬  Last night, I made a somewhat educated guess for one of the questions and we were the only team to get it right.  I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people here will know the answer.  "To what city would you need to travel to visit the Sixth Floor Museum?"  

Our rivals were not there last night, but we still finished in second place.  ☹️

Dallas was my guess, but I don’t recall there being a museum there when I lived there in ‘79 and the early 80’s.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ocean BoyBon Voyage!

I am a fan of the Alofts. Bare basic so that means less surafaces to wipe down with clorox wipes😁

And most of them are new builds.  All is good mostly, unless you are sharing the hotel with a travelling soccer group of 12 year olds or a dance troupe with those obnoxious dance moms who insist on their girls to bring every gold medal there is (sorry, dont intend to  be mean just saying.) LOL!

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sitting in the terminal waiting for boarding to start. This has been quite a stress free morning. And just finished the safety video. All I need to do when I get aboard is stop at muster station and head to the Windjammer... Opens at 11:00.🙂

And for the record, check-in times matter not. No one looked or questioned. 

Looking forward to pictures.

I know it is very early into this cruise and I've only had one meal, but right now I have no idea what all the bi!chn' about food has been about. This has been a very good lunch and finally RCI has even learned how to make desserts. I just had some excellent creme brule. 

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know it is very early into this cruise and I've only had one meal, but right now I have no idea what all the bi!chn' about food has been about. This has been a very good lunch and finally RCI has even learned how to make desserts. I just had some excellent creme brule. 

What ship?  I guess I missed that part 

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It all depends on the chefs onboard.  Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts and I get it on almost every cruise.  I've had it range from outstanding (great taste, great texture, perfect "crisp" on top) to worst I've ever had (literally...tasted like undercooked runny pudding with no caramelized top).  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Tonight Below Deck watching and “Cruising with Cocktails.” Tonight was for you Kraken fans. A Kraken Espresso Rumtini.

2E14163A-DAA8-4808-8C49-3B2EEF0A0C92.thumb.jpeg.3683b1ffc7a23c0aeb4e10658e03d487.jpeg

This tasted outstanding.

1 oz Kraken Dark Spiced Rum 

1 oz Coffee Liqueur (Mr. Black or Khalua )

1 oz Espresso

0.5 oz Simple Syrup

3 Coffee Beans for Garnish 

Cheers!

I was also watching both BD Adventure and BD.     

On BD.....That Camille sure does twist words.    Her not understanding that Captain Sandy has to trust what her Dept. Heads say.    Looks like the upcoming episode with her joining everyone for their night out will turn out to be a hot mess.   Nice to see Capt Lee is doing better and may be back onboard next week.    Not happy to see Rachel having trouble with her timing these meals.    Grant it an 8-course tasting menu is quite a project but still there has to be a better way then have guests sitting with no food for more than 15 minutes per course.   She is an amazing Chef and can do much better than she has been with time management.  

On BD Adventure - Faye and the Chef sure do get on each other's nerves.    I am not impressed with this Chef.   I have not seen any WOW dishes that you would expect for a Super Yacht.     And the hair issue is definitely a problem.     One hair, okay - stuff happens but the fact the guests found hairs in separate meals is Not good.    I agree, the girls need to wear their hair when they are serving food and the Chef should Not be fiddling with her in the kitchen either.    Definitely not liking the ego of Seth.    He applied for a deck hand position and has to accept the fact that he is not in charge.    He didn't want to listen to anyone when he was being told about the bumpers being wrong when docking - not good!

• Like 4

On 1/27/2023 at 2:12 AM, grapau27 said:

Dani @dani negreanu.

Thinking of you and your family today on Holocaust Day.

Yom Hashoah.

+1

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Love you too, Marietta 🥰

The flooding made the news here too, along with a terrorist attack at a synagogue in Jerusalem, killing 7 and wounding 5 .....😢 The bloodshed, on both sides, never ends 😢

I haven’t seen the news in almost 2 weeks so I googled it. Sorry to hear about the attacks. People are crazy.

• Thanks 1

Some quick first impressions. Odyssey is drop dead gorgeous and exudes class. The Windjammer is beautiful and seems so much more functional than what the O class offers. 

The ship also seems a bit chopped up though. There seem to be a lot of twists and turns. Right now I'll write this up to being a whole new class of ship for me. Hopefully some exploring will make it a bit more familiar. I think O class was easier to adjust to. 

One thing I think I don't, and won't, like is the totally enclosed solarium. It seems very warm and humid in there. I may have to scout for a new hangout location. 

Cabins just opened. Need to go check it out. 

• Like 16