Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like warm too! I crank my electric blanket up before bed each night and adjust it when I go to bed, even in the summer.   In the car I have the seat heat on.  It feels good on the back.  I also turn my side of the car warmer than Sharon. 

Although I don’t use the electric blanket this time of year, I like sitting on the sofa with the heating pad on my back while I watch tv before bedtime. It’s not because I’m cold, I just find it’s very relaxing.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thanks, OB!  A few gates down from us (Southwest) had delayed flights.  Good thing we didn’t book with Southwest.  We heard that they had a nation wide temporary outage for about an hour.  Can’t imagine what a mess this have caused.

Aww, nawww? Guess who is flying Southwest....😬

We are staying in Oahu at our timeshare Hilton Hawaiian Village.

We will be heading to Aulani. Doing a luau (not at Aulani). Celebrating Lei Day. Tom is taking a helicopter tour of Oahu. Me? I will be content to float in the lazy river with Miss Phoebe and Brittany, while pinching myself that we are in Hawaii.😃

I love my iPhone 14 Pro. I upgraded from the iPhone 6S that lasted me for seven years so the 14 Pro was quite a jump for me.  

I am on my first iPhone which is the 11 Pro Max. (How did I live so long without one?) I probably won't upgrade until the iPhone 22... 😉🥰

I wish all of you could be on the cruise with us.  It will be so nice to meet John @Ozark_Kidand his gang, to see Denny @CruiszBugand her gang again and Ken @Ourusualbeachand his son Toby.  It will sort of be a little mini Bella reunion.

So agree with this...it will be lovely. A mini-EPIC! Our first time boarding in Honolulu... hoping it will be smooth! See you all soon!👋

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently sunny and 52°F in North East England.

I post a lot of photos in my car overlooking Vane Tempest beach which is extremely popular for sea glass.

IMG_20210423_112924.jpg.9098816e3695f3b6db66ad5cb68970ce.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_151054.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_150726.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_150806.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_150901.jpg

I love your post! I am a big fan of sea glass but have never found any myself, despite living near the shore in Florida🙄. Thank you for sharing such an interesting topic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

My step-daughter lived in Houston for 6 years, beginning in 2016.  She added "Y'all" and "Fixin" to her vocabulary pretty quickly.  Every time I went to visit, I heard "Y'all" from her friends.  She never did get used to be referred to as a "Ma'am" however.

Now that she's back in NY, the "excuse me, ma'am"  has been replace by "Yo, Lady!". I wonder which she prefers? 🤣

When I lived in NY it was "Ayeeee, Lady!"

I can't imagine a time when I would be comfortable enough to say y'all.  I'm just not there yet. 😏

When my daughter came home from her first day of high school in TX she was amazed that the students called their teachers "ma'am".  I told her she better get used to doing the same.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our heat never gets turned off.  Our house has zoned heating, so different areas are heated to different temperatures.  

Our family room is set at a constant 70°F.  Our living room, dining room, and kitchen area is set at 65°F.  Our bedrooms and bath areas are set at 63°F.  They stay at that summer and winter.  That seems to work well for the two of us.

This sounds like my late sister's house.  I would pretty much be freezing in every room but the family room.  During the day we are between 70⁰ to 72⁰ depending if we are drinking ice drinks.  😆  Night 68⁰ to 69⁰ which is when I am under the electric blanket.   When we cruise I get an extra blanket for my side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My step-daughter lived in Houston for 6 years, beginning in 2016.  She added "Y'all" and "Fixin" to her vocabulary pretty quickly.  Every time I went to visit, I heard "Y'all" from her friends.  She never did get used to be referred to as a "Ma'am" however.

Now that she's back in NY, the "excuse me, ma'am"  has been replace by "Yo, Lady!". I wonder which she prefers? 🤣

I should have said that my friends lived in the Houston area.They actually lived in Seabrook .

This afternoon/evening is the Rangers event that I posted to you about.

it is called Skate With The Greats at Chelsea Piers.The Rod Gilbert Memorial game starts 4:30.16 former players will be there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like warm too! I crank my electric blanket up before bed each night and adjust it when I go to bed, even in the summer.   In the car I have the seat heat on.  It feels good on the back.  I also turn my side of the car warmer than Sharon. 

Just be really careful with your electric blanket.  I know they told my Dad not to use one.  I know everyone is different and my Dad had a bunch of medical issues but it was his neurologist who said not to use it. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thanks, Bob!  We are staying in Oahu at our timeshare Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Speaking of your new phone.  I love my iPhone 14 Pro.  You will love your 14 Pro Max.  I upgraded from the iPhone 6S that lasted me for seven years so the 14 Pro was quite a jump for me.  

Good to know Helen! I thought we were the only people left that had 6S phones! 😄 We will be upgrading ours sometime this year. ☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I post a lot of photos in my car overlooking Vane Tempest beach which is extremely popular for sea glass

When we were in Bermuda, we walked to the beach that had a lot of sea glass. If I recall, I think they said that blue was the most rare. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When we were in Bermuda, we walked to the beach that had a lot of sea glass. If I recall, I think they said that blue was the most rare. 

You know it's illegal to pick it up and take it home right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I love your post! I am a big fan of sea glass but have never found any myself, despite living near the shore in Florida🙄. Thank you for sharing such an interesting topic.

You can buy Seaham sea glass on line.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230419_201609.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_201818.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Thank you for the pics.  Looks like we picked a  good tour.  glad to hear positive feedback.  i like how in the excursion description  it specifically points out that they stay in calm water at all times.  😂  No way i’d get on that boat rocking the way it does out in the bering sea! 

They slowly cruise south along the Tongass Narrows to the waters around an island that is owned by one of the Alaska Native communities.  The water for us was very calm...like cruising down a river.  This allows them to do their demonstration fishing in native waters that aren't subject to US regulations.  They periodically make donations to this community from their profits, so both parties benefit.  They can't catch real King Crab in those waters so they have some fake crabs in the pot that they pull up.  They'll often find real octopus in the pots that are trying to eat the crabs, hence my picture of the big octopus. They have real crabs on board for you to hold (see Jimbo's picture), and they catch fish with the other types of fishing techniques that they demonstrate.  Overall, I found it very entertaining and informative, in addition to a nice little cruise with great scenery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty

I just discovered I can use my old Logitech keyboard and mouse from my old PC with my new MacBook Pro.  Obviously I can't do everything with the keyboard like copy and paste because of the difference in some of the buttons such as Command in place of Alt.  Also the spin wheel on the mouse goes in the opposit direction but I may find adjustments.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@bobmacliberty

I just discovered I can use my old Logitech keyboard and mouse from my old PC with my new MacBook Pro.  Obviously I can't do everything with the keyboard like copy and paste because of the difference in some of the buttons such as Command in place of Alt.  Also the spin wheel on the mouse goes in the opposit direction but I may find adjustments.

Cool.  My Logitech KB (K850) has both Alt and Cmd on the same key.  I always assumed that key would work as the Cmd key if using the KB with a Mac.  If that doesn't work for your KB, you may also be able to set several keys to a keyboard shortcut, e.g., the F1 key can be the home button when using a browser.  I can also change the mouse wheel scroll direction on my Logitech mouse (M720) from standard to inverted, which I think would fix your problem.  If you don't already have it, install the Logitech Options app.

Edited by bobmacliberty

We decided that today would be a good day to go to the Jacksonville Zoo.  Weather in the 70s with low humidity and middle of the week when kids are in school, right?  We pulled into the parking lot and saw about 30 yellow school buses.  I like kids...I used to be one.  But small packs of kids hyped up on Dipping Dots and excitedly running from exhibit to exhibit, often pushing you out of the way, gets a little irritating.  I can't wait until I have grandkids who will be absolutely perfect and never do anything wrong. 😜

The other reason for going was to try out the camera on my new phone.  I'm impressed.   I cropped in pretty tight on a couple of pictures, which are therefore slightly soft, but everything else looks great.

IMG_0441.thumb.jpg.20019ea07cab932c5f99c5c830b32516.jpg

IMG_0442.thumb.jpg.3e2c17eddb91b808edc69ec102c4b0f1.jpg

IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.cb922fbd7e7c98f5ee8250a56f575951.JPG

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.4030cb7554814d5737c2a43f6fb77e4e.JPG

IMG_0455.thumb.JPG.c376edb5921503595fdb5f396d53f4ca.JPG

IMG_0459.thumb.JPG.90228d3960137c0c3d920e0717089ec3.JPG

IMG_0462.thumb.jpg.117e30239d1af02864684ff69c9ffb19.jpg

IMG_0464.thumb.JPG.cf85b9267e1f6af47475172caf2b6882.JPG

IMG_0465.thumb.JPG.a7c3b0ee6932f8ee5f34f5f139a5e893.JPG

IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.7cfad09e1f1d480b12b5a3bc18838d38.JPG

IMG_0467.thumb.JPG.bd0ac242ae547631e2b8dada28834448.JPG

I also tried an app called Slow Shutter which let's you take long exposure shots (longer than the couple of seconds that you get with the built in iPhone camera app).  I took this waterfall shot with an 8 second exposure.  I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0448.thumb.jpg.96ab0cd9bae5a8ebd1a9abb64abf20eb.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We decided that today would be a good day to go to the Jacksonville Zoo.  Weather in the 70s with low humidity and middle of the week when kids are in school, right?  We pulled into the parking lot and saw about 30 yellow school buses.  I like kids...I used to be one.  But small packs of kids hyped up on Dipping Dots and excitedly running from exhibit to exhibit, often pushing you out of the way, gets a little irritating.  I can't wait until I have grandkids who will be absolutely perfect and never do anything wrong. 😜

The other reason for going was to try out the camera on my new phone.  I'm impressed.   I cropped in pretty tight on a couple of pictures, which are therefore slightly soft, but everything else looks great.

IMG_0441.thumb.jpg.20019ea07cab932c5f99c5c830b32516.jpg

IMG_0442.thumb.jpg.3e2c17eddb91b808edc69ec102c4b0f1.jpg

IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.cb922fbd7e7c98f5ee8250a56f575951.JPG

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.4030cb7554814d5737c2a43f6fb77e4e.JPG

IMG_0455.thumb.JPG.c376edb5921503595fdb5f396d53f4ca.JPG

IMG_0459.thumb.JPG.90228d3960137c0c3d920e0717089ec3.JPG

IMG_0462.thumb.jpg.117e30239d1af02864684ff69c9ffb19.jpg

IMG_0464.thumb.JPG.cf85b9267e1f6af47475172caf2b6882.JPG

IMG_0465.thumb.JPG.a7c3b0ee6932f8ee5f34f5f139a5e893.JPG

IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.7cfad09e1f1d480b12b5a3bc18838d38.JPG

IMG_0467.thumb.JPG.bd0ac242ae547631e2b8dada28834448.JPG

I also tried an app called Slow Shutter which let's you take long exposure shots (longer than the couple of seconds that you get with the built in iPhone camera app).  I took this waterfall shot with an 8 second exposure.  I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0448.thumb.jpg.96ab0cd9bae5a8ebd1a9abb64abf20eb.jpg

It looks like you were able to hold the phone quite still for the 8 seconds. The surrounding rocks look very sharp.

• Like 1

I have questions, and nobody can answer better than you guys. 
I am booking my Women’s Club on Allure. 
it’s been a long time since I booked a group, but it will come back. 
Two couples want Grand or Owners Suites. 
mine asked about premier liquor package. 
I know Grand Suites don’t get alcohol, do Owners Suites?

Suites don’t get group rates, and tomorrow I hope to get an accent I understand to ask if they are included in cabin count. 
What I need from y’all is what the heck is she talking about, premier liquor package?

She’s not talking about purchasing the Unlimited Beversge Plan. 
I retired from all this in 1998, but still book some of my friends. 
This is going to be fun!! I hope!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

mine asked about premier liquor 

May be Ken, aka @Ourusualbeach has any advice?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Suites don’t get group rates, and tomorrow I hope to get an accent I understand to ask if they are included in cabin count. 
What I need from y’all is what the heck is she talking about, premier liquor package?

If you have a group suites can be moved into the group and they count towards the average fare for the TC credit and cabin count.  There is no premier liquor package.  They all include the same...drinks to $150 and you pay the difference for anything above that.  In reality there are very few drinks above that price.

OS do not get alcohol included...only star class which is Star loft suite and above.

Lots of TA's out there that will kick back all of the TC credit as well as a bunch of extras and do all the work for you.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Both grand and owners suite don’t get liquor package but they do get free beer and wine from 11am to 11pm I believe in the suite lounge and they definitely get a 3 hour happy hour normally from 5 to 8 with unlimited drinks (15 dollar limit).

there is only one liquor package on rccl that gives you unlimited drinks in all bars and restaurants with that same 15 dollar limit, if you go over the 15 you just pay the difference.