Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The Mediterranean is on again tonight.

Hannah walked out of the restaurant where all the crew were last night not very happy.

Med seasons are great.  Brings back so many fond memories.  Poor Hannah, she never seemed to really be happy.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Here in Ohio, we have mandatory car insurance for all vehicles, yea right.

So when I got hit by an uninsured driver, the police report noted that, and he was cited.

Notified our insurance carrier, and she told me not worth the fight or court costs.

Our insurance company paid the claim for the repair, and our rates did not go up.

I am glad you are OK, and better luck with next car, that no one aims at you.

Stay healthy.

Our insurance company can’t be happy , they just paid about 10k for replacing our wooded floors due to water heater breaking. Also so many people had huge damage from broken water pipes from freeze a couple of weeks ago, one of our best friends just got a 70k estimate to repair his home, feel sorry for all those without insurance. They just finished putting in the new floors yesterday, cats were hiding in the closet for last three days while they were working. There happy they have there house back now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is us almost exactly.  We had to put down our 15 year old Golden 2 years ago and decided to travel rather than have a pet.  We sometimes miss having a dog

This is exactly us. We had to put our Golden Retriever down over 10 years ago and decided that no other dog will ever be "good enough" to replace him. Gave us the freedom to travel,  impromptu overnight stays with friends, etc  Still miss him though. 10 years later and sometimes I still expect to see him greet me at the door.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is t-shirt, shorts, and sandals weather.

LOL!  Yeah, it's like when we go up to Maine in the summer.  If it gets above 70 degrees....the locals are in shorts and sleeveless...are complaining on how hot it is...and we have jackets and jeans on.  😉 

9 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Our house is officially on the market. Saturday I’m going to take Sam, drive up to Denver and pick up my mom, and we’ll head to Breckinridge for the day so that people can tour it. 

Stay tuned for those photos. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. 

You always post excellent photos so looking forward to seeing more.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, George C said:

Our insurance company can’t be happy , they just paid about 10k for replacing our wooded floors due to water heater breaking. Also so many people had huge damage from broken water pipes from freeze a couple of weeks ago, one of our best friends just got a 70k estimate to repair his home, feel sorry for all those without insurance. They just finished putting in the new floors yesterday, cats were hiding in the closet for last three days while they were working. There happy they have there house back now.

Sorry to hear this george. Just last fall I had changed my outdoor faucets to the kind that dont freeze and dont have to be wrapped. I guess I got lucky. 

I did have something very peculiar today. I was pulling and and my water turn off was undone. A tool box was sitting next to the hole and a meter and what not. No one in sight, could have been anyone. Also the shut off tool was laying next to the hole. I wish I knew who and why. I drove off to the store. Now the top is back on the hole and the tool box and stuff is gone., ...not  clue. 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Our house is officially on the market.

Good luck, C&N 🤩

Where to u plan to live until you'll find another property?

I don't know the custom in US, but here you can sell a house and leave it after one year, even one year and a half. Of course you don't get all the money at the beginning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Good luck, C&N 🤩

Where to u plan to live until you'll find another property?

I don't know the custom in US, but here you can sell a house and leave it after one year, even one year and a half. Of course you don't get all the money at the beginning.

I could be wrong, not the first time, but I think she might have been looking at houses on amelia island, fl? Doesnt take long to close here. 

I love real estate, so hoping she takes lots of pictures, even stuff she is looking at. I have a friend of over 45 years who lives amelia island. Lovely.

Idk but I would think she wants to go ahead and buy as prices are forecast to rise in all of florida I've seen over 10% in the next 12 months. Knowing the price will be higher in a year is a big spur to buy now rather than later imo. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I could be wrong, not the first time, but I think she might have been looking at houses on amelia island, fl?

That I understood.

What I was wondering is: suppose a good buyer shows up, but he wants the house immediately.

Meantime, you might [or not] find the house "of your dreams" in Amelia Island, or you can find, but they say: "we'll leave in 6 months time"...

Do u rent a house for 6 months and move .... twice???

Just curious.... that's all.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry to hear this george. Just last fall I had changed my outdoor faucets to the kind that dont freeze and dont have to be wrapped. I guess I got lucky. 

I did have something very peculiar today. I was pulling and and my water turn off was undone. A tool box was sitting next to the hole and a meter and what not. No one in sight, could have been anyone. Also the shut off tool was laying next to the hole. I wish I knew who and why. I drove off to the store. Now the top is back on the hole and the tool box and stuff is gone., ...not  clue. 

Are they upgrading your neighborhood to smart meters?

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That I understood.

What I was wondering is: suppose a good buyer shows up, but he wants the house immediately.

Meantime, you might [or not] find the house "of your dreams" in Amelia Island, or you can find, but they say: "we'll leave in 6 months time"...

There are a lot of ways it works here.  Right now the market is hot with houses selling in a day.  If the buyer is getting a loan it is usually a month between when they sign the contract and when they actually get the property.  That gives the seller that much time to move out.  Then the seller can look for a property in the new area and sign a contract with a contingency clause so that if the sale of their previous home falls through they can back out of the new house.  That is if they need the money from the old house to go buy the new house.  It is all negotiable to an extent.  If it is a cash sale then it is more negotiable.  A lot of people do end up renting a place in between.  It is rare that anyone would sell and have 6 months to move out. When we moved to Florida we bought the house here first with cash and took several months to get the house in Texas ready to sell and all our things moved.  The house in Texas sold in one day with a bidding war between 3 couples.  It still took a month for the winner to take possession because they were getting a loan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That I understood.

Idk what she personally will do, but I did see on the stock market channel videos of storage areas, where people are shipping everything in their house to florida. Storage is way up. People buying sight unseen. There are also containers you can have delivered and you fill up yourself, then they come pick it up, ship by train, and will store for a fee, until you are ready

PODS was the first, but now many copy cats. Do you have PODS in israel?

20210304_133819798.jpeg

10 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Are they upgrading your neighborhood to smart meters?

I have no idea. But my water was for sure off. I can tell because I ran it to see if I had water and it was full of air. No work truck was around, the tools were not marked with a company name, just in a wooden type carry all. Unmarked. I could have walked off with the water key, but maybe not, everyone has door bell cameras here.

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is rare that anyone would sell and have 6 months to move out. 

In that case, it is very different from here.

Unless you're very rich, and can buy a house before you're selling the previous one, people need a down payment for another house, so they sell the 1st house with one year delivery, get some of the amount, buy with it another house, the add some of the money every time their buyer pays them.

At the very end, they take a mortgage...

A whole chain of sellers and buyers (and sometimes renters), where a good "choreography" is needed so that every one gets "their" house timely...

Also, very difficult to find a rental for less than an year.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There are also containers you can have delivered and you fill up yourself, then they come pick it up, ship by train, and will store for a fee, until you are ready

PODS was the first, but now many copy cats. Do you have PODS in israel?

No. You either move out, or you rent.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

In that case, it is very different from here.

Unless you're very rich, and can buy a house before you're selling the previous one, people need a down payment for another house, so they sell the 1st house with one year delivery, get some of the amount, buy with it another house, the add some of the money every time their buyer pays them.

At the very end, they take a mortgage...

A whole chain of sellers and buyers (and sometimes renters), where a good "choreography" is needed so that every one gets "their" house timely...

Also, very difficult to find a rental for less than an year.

No. You either move out, or you rent.

That is very different.  

First day back to my previous "life".

Was surprised to see that there were not many people, I had a whole lane to myself.

Turns out the jacuzzi and sauna are closed, many come for those too.

Those that I've met were kind of like POWs after a long "imprisonment"... High-fives all around.

The water was very cold, even though the management promised that they'll start heating it the moment they were given the "green light"....

Still, I didn't gave up, and I was pleased to see that I could get in the number of laps that I've used to do almost half a year ago...

Out of 8 lanes, 2 are kept for "slow" swimmers and 2 for quick ones.

image.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I could be wrong, not the first time, but I think she might have been looking at houses on amelia island, fl? Doesnt take long to close here. 

I think Crystal was looking on the west coast of Florida (near Sarasota?). I’m the one on Amelia Island. 

it’s also not uncommon for someone to sell their house and live in it past the closing date, paying rent on their old house to the new owners. That can work well if you can’t move into a new house yet and the new owners of your house can’t move either (or don’t mind waiting to make a little money). I have two separate friends who did that for a couple of weeks. One because closing on their new house got delayed, and the other because they were building new and construction got delayed. Worked out well for both. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

I think Crystal was looking on the west coast of Florida (near Sarasota?). I’m the one on Amelia Island. 

it’s also not uncommon for someone to sell their house and live in it past the closing date, paying rent on their old house to the new owners. That can work well if you can’t move into a new house yet and the new owners of your house can’t move either (or don’t mind waiting to make a little money). I have two separate friends who did that for a couple of weeks. One because closing on their new house got delayed, and the other because they were building new and construction got delayed. Worked out well for both. 

My sister did that for 3 months, the new owners had no interest in moving down here to Florida in the middle of summer when she sold it.  Worked well for both of them with her staying and paying rent until she could move into her next house.  

Actually wasn't Crystal looking at the Panhandle of Florida?  I was mentioning to her how much I adore the beaches there.  We spend 3 months a year in the "land yacht" in that area at the state parks, which we will do so again this September. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching Below Deck Sailing, these first guests are a train wreck. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. 

I can feel the drama building up with the crew.       I feel bad for the 6'9" guy that cannot sleep in his bed.   

What a beautiful sail boat/yacht and gorgeous scenery in Croatia.    That is also on my bucket list of cruises to do in Europe.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I can feel the drama building up with the crew.       I feel bad for the 6'9" guy that cannot sleep in his bed.   

What a beautiful sail boat/yacht and gorgeous scenery in Croatia.    That is also on my bucket list of cruises to do in Europe.

I agree, I too feel sorry for the tall guy. Croatia looks amazing as well. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

My sister did that for 3 months, the new owners had no interest in moving down here to Florida in the middle of summer when she sold it.  Worked well for both of them with her staying and paying rent until she could move into her next house.  

Actually wasn't Crystal looking at the Panhandle of Florida?  I was mentioning to her how much I adore the beaches there.  We spend 3 months a year in the "land yacht" in that area at the state parks, which we will do so again this September. 

She did initially, then she turned to the  Tampa area. 

I thought that she has family there.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1