Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Love our Friday nights! Why you ask? Because it’s “Cruising with Cocktails” night when we watch this weeks episode of “Below Deck.” This week it’s “Below Deck Med” season 9 episode 1 with Captain Sandy at the helm. I know a lot of you have already watched it but I try to hold off reading any thing about it.

IMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.9d87bbb2b09a675afc2beb5df11382a2.jpeg

Tonights Tiki cocktail comes courtesy of @bobmacliberty who got an incredible recipe for a Mai Tai from I believe Hawaii. This version uses PPOG juice which is combination of Passion Fruit juice, Pineapple juice, Orange  juice and Guava juice. That and rum and Orgeat and it makes for one really good Mai Tai. Thanks Bob this is a winner!

IMG_4588.thumb.jpeg.414875595ec0e35d95814d53d66e66f8.jpeg

Pardon the no garnish and the lackluster straw. I have new shorter glass straws on order.

Cheers!

• Like 19

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had our daughter’s two kids for the day, while she went to her appointment at Cleveland Clinic.  

The grandkids agreed to do whatever Susan wanted to do, because today was her birthday.  

We started out with breakfast out, then took them swimming at our health club.  After a couple hours of swimming, it was time for lunch.  We ended up here.  

IMG_1276.thumb.jpeg.9f2e9e78753edfcbbc6077cf64ffe64f.jpeg

Still working on that duck collection, and they were nice enough to bring a couple more for the kids.  

I always enjoy reading about the things you do with your grandkids.  Tonight we spent the evening with our granddaughter. We had dinner at a new place called “I ❤️ Mac and Cheese.”  Afterwards we took her to the car wash.  Funny the things that amuse a kid.  We are going to have her every Tuesday and Thursday this summer.  Our car is going to stay very clean!

20240607_191929_Original.thumb.jpeg.4ae0b8fc1bd3a105c4f16594cd0c35fa.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just got back from my grandson’s graduation. He won general excellence for being the number one graduate!  He was also valedictorian and had everyone in tears when he said he would give up all that he won to have his dad back.  He made us so proud❤️IMG_2351.thumb.jpeg.5f611bad932ca1adfdd2ab61105790d8.jpeg

Congrats! Really nice what he said about his dad. Special occasions make the losses even harder.😔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, derorim said:

I always enjoy reading about the things you do with your grandkids.  Tonight we spent the evening with our granddaughter. We had dinner at a new place called “I ❤️ Mac and Cheese.”  Afterwards we took her to the car wash.  Funny the things that amuse a kid.  We are going to have her every Tuesday and Thursday this summer.  Our car is going to stay very clean!

20240607_191929_Original.thumb.jpeg.4ae0b8fc1bd3a105c4f16594cd0c35fa.jpeg

Tell me your secret to get her to do that.  I need to work on ours.  

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just got back from my grandson’s graduation. He won general excellence for being the number one graduate!  He was also valedictorian and had everyone in tears when he said he would give up all that he won to have his dad back.  He made us so proud❤️IMG_2351.thumb.jpeg.5f611bad932ca1adfdd2ab61105790d8.jpeg

Well done to your grandson Marietta.

We understand his sentiments and you have a fine young man to be very proud of.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, George C said:

I have not seen any cat or kitten pictures in a while , we will be getting ours soon , currently have 120 pounds of kitten litter 😁😁, will buy them a new scratching post also.

447582182_122183510396023019_5502776467600355591_n.jpg.128bbbd3611d7fa266e0082093c19e33.jpg

• Haha 14

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love our Friday nights! Why you ask? Because it’s “Cruising with Cocktails” night when we watch this weeks episode of “Below Deck.” This week it’s “Below Deck Med” season 9 episode 1 with Captain Sandy at the helm. I know a lot of you have already watched it but I try to hold off reading any thing about it.

IMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.9d87bbb2b09a675afc2beb5df11382a2.jpeg

Tonights Tiki cocktail comes courtesy of @bobmacliberty who got an incredible recipe for a Mai Tai from I believe Hawaii. This version uses PPOG juice which is combination of Passion Fruit juice, Pineapple juice, Orange  juice and Guava juice. That and rum and Orgeat and it makes for one really good Mai Tai. Thanks Bob this is a winner!

IMG_4588.thumb.jpeg.414875595ec0e35d95814d53d66e66f8.jpeg

Pardon the no garnish and the lackluster straw. I have new shorter glass straws on order.

Cheers!

I'm glad that you liked it.  I feel a little guilty because the original Trader Vic Mai Tai doesn't have all of those juices in it, but it sure tastes good.  You've reminded me...time to make up a batch of PPOG juice so that it's ready for quick summertime Mai Tais.

• Like 1

Where we live at the end of a dead end streets most homes are on 2 1/2 acre lots. 

Being out close to open land we are able to appreciate the beauty of nature. 

We are blessed with both welcomed and unwelcome guests. 

Over the years we have had the opportunity to share our backyard with:

Mice—

Rats—(that will teach the neighbors to leave their trash everywhere)

Hummingbirds—

Cardinals/Blue Jays—

Owls—

Woodpeckers—

Parakeets/canaries—

Bats—  

Hawks—

Groundhogs—

Snakes—

Turtles—

Wild turkeys—

Cats— (😔) Usually dumped by freeway)

Bears—

Foxes—

Coyote—

But most recently we welcomed a new addition—-our backyard residential deer lost about 20 pound’s yesterday. 
Yup. A new life. 

Mom proudly strutted around the yard washing and nursing her baby. We were glad she took the time to share with us her offspring. 

A beautiful gift. 

IMG_1071.thumb.jpeg.5ec0d73de5291d574cfbd3e1f244bce8.jpeg

Because of all our friends—that is the reason we have a 5 foot high fence around our vegetable garden. Food for us not them. 

Have a great day. 

• Like 23

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

Today is not a good day. My wife Maureen passed away this morning.

oh no!  Susan and I send you our deepest sympathy.  We were glad to have met you on one of our previous cruises.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Oh no. Without knowing anything about if she was ill or expected, please forgive me if all I say is condolences to you. Im sure you will miss her every day and wiah she was there to talk to. Every death I've found is too soon. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We had our daughter’s two kids for the day, while she went to her appointment at Cleveland Clinic.  

The grandkids agreed to do whatever Susan wanted to do, because today was her birthday.  

We started out with breakfast out, then took them swimming at our health club.  After a couple hours of swimming, it was time for lunch.  We ended up here.  

IMG_1276.thumb.jpeg.9f2e9e78753edfcbbc6077cf64ffe64f.jpeg

Still working on that duck collection, and they were nice enough to bring a couple more for the kids.  

Happy Birthday to Susan!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

My condolences. 

Prayers for her and for  all who knew her. 

❤️

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I am so sorry, please accept my condolences. Whether it was sudden or expected, it is always too soon and too difficult.  My prayers go out to you and all your loved ones & to all that knew her.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Adding my condolences, definitely not a good way to start the day.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family 💔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Where we live at the end of a dead end streets most homes are on 2 1/2 acre lots. 

Being out close to open land we are able to appreciate the beauty of nature. 

We are blessed with both welcomed and unwelcome guests. 

Over the years we have had the opportunity to share our backyard with:

Mice—

Rats—(that will teach the neighbors to leave their trash everywhere)

Hummingbirds—

Cardinals/Blue Jays—

Owls—

Woodpeckers—

Parakeets/canaries—

Bats—  

Hawks—

Groundhogs—

Snakes—

Turtles—

Wild turkeys—

Cats— (😔) Usually dumped by freeway)

Bears—

Foxes—

Coyote—

But most recently we welcomed a new addition—-our backyard residential deer lost about 20 pound’s yesterday. 
Yup. A new life. 

Mom proudly strutted around the yard washing and nursing her baby. We were glad she took the time to share with us her offspring. 

A beautiful gift. 

IMG_1071.thumb.jpeg.5ec0d73de5291d574cfbd3e1f244bce8.jpeg

Because of all our friends—that is the reason we have a 5 foot high fence around our vegetable garden. Food for us not them. 

Have a great day. 

How special to watch her and the new baby.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart is with you and your family.  

• Like 2