Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well... it seems that my new step-kitty (Toffee) isn't a peaceful "character".... constant fights between her and the other two.... My friend is at wit's end.

That's unfortunate.  Both are beautiful cats, especially Toffee's opponent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Has she tried using a squirt bottle of water on the offender at the start of the aggression.  A squirt and firm no may get it to stop.  

The squirt bottle does work. We even use it on Lizzy when she starts barking a lot. We now just pick up the squirt bottle and point it at her and she stops.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Got some snuggle time yesterday with this not so little guy.  I can’t believe he’s almost a month old.  He is such an easy baby, already sleeping a 5 hour stretch every night.  My poor daughter was feeling extremely sick 2 weeks post birth, high fever etc. Turns out she had pneumonia, then at the follow up with her primary last week she found she has a double ear infection.  Thank goodness Tyler’s such a good sleeper. IMG_1777.thumb.jpeg.1e18afc044e8361ef9eea073638fde23.jpeg

What a darling!

Hope your daughter is feeling better now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pass along my hellos if you are in communication with him.

@Jimbo

Will do 👍

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Deb, baby Tyler is sooo beautiful!!!!  I'm sorry to hear that your poor daughter has been so sick with not only pneumonia, but to then also have a double ear infection.  I do hope she starts to feel better and stronger soon!  Thank goodness her mom is there for her!

+ 1 every word, Deb @Momof3gurlz

10 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

I used to work in SF years ago and now only a bridge away but I have never been to Alcatraz or Ghirardelli Square that millions of tourists visit yearly. Tourists sees the city differently than locals, which is fine.

2 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Yeah. I was going to add Cable car and Lombard Street to the list of SF tourist places places that i have never been on but then I remembered I went on it once taking friends from out of town on it..

Ghirardelli Square, Cable car and Lombard Street -- check.

Saw Alcatraz from afar, and travelled the GB to hug a tree in Sausalito....

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Keksie love your nails & happy 21st to your step-grandson. 

+ 1 Karen @Keksie  and thank you and Greg @Sea Dog for the "squirt bottle" tip. My friend is going to try it and she promised to update the "results"

@Luckynana So nice that your lovely Ava invited you both out to a concert.  Shame you all had to leave early due to the weather.  It’s so lovely though that you have such a close relationship with your grandchildren.

+ 1  Maryann @Luckynana

Oh dear, I hope Toffee doesn’t have to be re-homed.

@aussielozzie18

Thanks, aussie. My friend received Toffee from a neighbor in her building, who couldn't cope with her. But she's not giving up.... Her thinking was that Sushi (the Siamese) is already quite old (17 years) and Lychee will remain alone, so .... Toffee .... and the 3rd WW 😉

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Your beautiful grandkids are growing up right in front of our eyes.  May they do so in good health and joy.

+1 Mark @h20skibum

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

After last Friday’s therapy my ankle was really throbbing.  Saturday we tried out switching to another boot I have.  Tried putting extra pads in them.  Straps tightened or loosened.  Air pump used or not.  I still had the pain regardless of the boot changes.  By Sunday I’d decided that the pain was related totally to the ankle and the boot was not exacerbating it.  

Since my doctor gave me the go ahead to put full weight on the leg (with the boot) I’m sure that means the latest X-rays showed the bones had healed…so the pain must be from tendons that had gone dormant.  What’s odd to me is that I’ve been doing the exact same exercises at home three times a day since June 6 without any pain.  I suppose my ankle was “frozen” and I wasn’t really stretching the tendons that much.  So it took 6 weeks of PT to get my ankle to move enough to force the tendons to stretch.  I could do a map of tendons in my leg!!  Pain on all four sides!!

Have PT today and will confirm my opinion and that the pain is not indicative of anything wrong.  It just would have been nice if someone said “At some point you’ll succeed in stretching your tendons…which is good and what we’re aiming for…but you will experience some pain at that point.”  When walking with the boot the pain sometimes is unexpected and so I’ve ordered a cane to make me feel safer.  At home I can generally hold on to something everywhere I walk.

Sorry to be so tedious.  Thank you all for having more interesting lives to keep me diverted!  😁

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Perspective of a tourist in NYC:

20240701_213553.thumb.jpg.b8682f0f4c53b82cb15c3c731b55d699.jpg

20240701_212857.thumb.jpg.b3c15acd553ed30b0f48274530b19dd6.jpg

Wow! do you know who this group was?  They obviously were all together with their red backpacks, etc.  As a New Yorker, I will say that as a young teenager, I did go up inside the Statue of Liberty, but I didn't go to the Empire State Building until Jim and I got engaged back in 1970, even though I had worked downtown, as well as midtown.  As an adult, I did finally go to Ellis Island.  Jim and I have never been to the 911 Museum, he hadn't been ready for a very long time, having spent a week at Ground Zero in search and recovery at that time.  He's probably ready now.

Having been to San Francisco two times, I have been to Alcatraz, and even met a man who had been an inmate and wrote a book about it, which I bought, and he signed for me.  I went back into Ghirardelli two or three times to get a free sample of their delicious chocolate!  We ate at Fisherman's Wharf and in China town.  We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and saw everything possible in the time we spent there.  We then traveled all along Highway 1(?), stopping for 2 or 3 nights in different cities before ending our trip in San Diego.  Best road trip of my life.  California is a beautiful and awesome State!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

After last Friday’s therapy my ankle was really throbbing.  Saturday we tried out switching to another boot I have.  Tried putting extra pads in them.  Straps tightened or loosened.  Air pump used or not.  I still had the pain regardless of the boot changes.  By Sunday I’d decided that the pain was related totally to the ankle and the boot was not exacerbating it.  

Since my doctor gave me the go ahead to put full weight on the leg (with the boot) I’m sure that means the latest X-rays showed the bones had healed…so the pain must be from tendons that had gone dormant.  What’s odd to me is that I’ve been doing the exact same exercises at home three times a day since June 6 without any pain.  I suppose my ankle was “frozen” and I wasn’t really stretching the tendons that much.  So it took 6 weeks of PT to get my ankle to move enough to force the tendons to stretch.  I could do a map of tendons in my leg!!  Pain on all four sides!!

Have PT today and will confirm my opinion and that the pain is not indicative of anything wrong.  It just would have been nice if someone said “At some point you’ll succeed in stretching your tendons…which is good and what we’re aiming for…but you will experience some pain at that point.”  When walking with the boot the pain sometimes is unexpected and so I’ve ordered a cane to make me feel safer.  At home I can generally hold on to something everywhere I walk.

Sorry to be so tedious.  Thank you all for having more interesting lives to keep me diverted!  😁

Thanks for the update. Hang in there. I know it will get better. Ankles are a tough rehab.

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

SantaCon is an experience....

Still on my bucket list.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yikes, they want 17.00 shipping for a 5 oz seasoning. I was going to order some until I saw that.

I know.  Their shipping is ridiculous, but my daughters, sisters, and I have been using this seasoning for years and I was buying 6 of them.  After it arrived, I saw that it was sent first class mail,  priority, or something like that.  So unnecessary!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Luckynana So nice that your lovely Ava invited you both out to a concert.  Shame you all had to leave early due to the weather.  It’s so lovely though that you have such a close relationship with your grandchildren.

Thank you, aussie!  We truly are blessed!

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well... it seems that my new step-kitty (Toffee) isn't a peaceful "character".... constant fights between her and the other two.... My friend is at wit's end.

Oh dear!!!  Toffee is not playing nice right now!

• Like 1

@helen haywood  I am sorry that you are in so much pain, Marian.  I do hope your healing pains begin to subside sooner rather than later for you.  Perhaps your PT can recommend something to help along? Soaking in epsom salts? Icing it?  I sure hope the PT has some kind of answer to help to relieve this pain.  Good luck today.  ((Hugs))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Has she tried using a squirt bottle of water on the offender at the start of the aggression.  A squirt and firm no may get it to stop.  

Water gun works , when we adopted our Siamese the older cat was a year old and 5 times the size , after a few times all I needed to do was point the gun at the bigger cat and she would close her eyes then run away . They never did really get along, next two kittens were bonded when we got them. We were told they were Siamese but one definitely wasn’t other looks exactly like a rag doll . We definitely want a ragdoll or Siamese that is bonded .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@dani negreanu  How are you doing, Dani??  Thinking of you, DH, and son.❤️🙏

Thanks, Maryann.

Truth to be told, I'm barely hanging in there. I have a recurrent nightmare of finding myself buried alive under our building rubble after a missile attack.

I think that if a war starts in the north, this will be the first time I'll be trying to run for our lives, assuming there will be flights, either to our son in Holland (our in laws are thinking along those lines too, so it might be a bit crowded...) or to my cousin in Germany...😢😢

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy to hear you don’t need the walker anymore. I hope I never have to have ankle surgery. I would go nuts if I had to use a walker that long. After my TKR surgery I was supposed to use a walker for 2 weeks and then a cane after that as needed. The hospital required the walker so they made sure we brought it with us before the surgery. I ditched it after the first day. It was more of a nuisance than being helpful.

Are you all recovered now?

I posted this on the Bella thread but I thought I would post it here too for anyone who will joining us on Wonder for the Bella 2 Cruise.

I do want to let anyone know who is on the Bella 2 sailing on Wonder that the Unlimited Dining Package is the cheapest I have seen at $288.99 per person. At one point it was $412.99 then on 4/23 it was $315.99. It went back up to $339 for awhile then back down to $315.99.

So right now at $289.99 it's the cheapest I have seen. Hopefully there will be a few more price changes so I can get it cheaper. So far on Symphony two years ago I got it for $167. I don't think it will ever go that low again but I can hope.

DDP is still crazy at $82. Not buying that at that price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Yeah. I'm a firm believer that most tourists see more of a given city than many locals as the tourists spent thousands of dollars to get to the place and they want to see as much of the place as possible. 

I used to work in SF years ago and now only a bridge away but I have never been to Alcatraz or Ghirardelli Square that millions of tourists visit yearly. Tourists sees the city differently than locals, which is fine.

I have friends living in Berkely and have been to SF many times.I have been to Ghirardelli Square but never to Alcatraz.