Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Another day where the water sparkles and dances in the sun. This time I stood back and took this from my living room, ... better. But my tablet doesnt do it justice. I can actually see cruise ships from here I can hardly see in my camera shots. 

Caught a fishing boat going by so didnt take the time, just snapped it fast when it was visible between windows. Big birds also fly by, cant make out yet what they are they fly by so fast. You can see lower right the water sparkling here.. depending where i stand all the water sparkles today in the sun... standing in my living room so taken thru those sliders plus the windows. My camera lacking. 

20240817_100707.jpg

• Like 10

To all the cat people…I remember one cat…probably Amelia the Beautiful, who violently objected to being incarcerated in the cat carrier…she was the one I bought the Kevlar gauntlets to handle.  It was quite an ordeal getting her in…and the violent behavior continued at the vet’s.  Such yowling and hissing and growling!  I remember saying I wasn’t looking forward to the ordeal of corralling her back in the carrier…and the vet said “Oh, I don’t think that will be a problem.”  He opened the door and she DOVE right in!!  Obviously she knew where that trip was going.

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

Staying in, today.  High temp 105 with a "feel like" temp of 108.  Humidity 49%, no rain in sight. Such is TX summer weather.  Stay cool, my TX friends!

@dani negreanu Dani, oh how I remember those Israeli summers! Try and stay cool, too.

Hoping all have a peaceful week-end.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Another day where the water sparkles and dances in the sun. This time I stood back and took this from my living room, ... better. But my tablet doesnt do it justice. I can actually see cruise ships from here I can hardly see in my camera shots. 

Caught a fishing boat going by so didnt take the time, just snapped it fast when it was visible between windows. Big birds also fly by, cant make out yet what they are they fly by so fast. You can see lower right the water sparkling here.. depending where i stand all the water sparkles today in the sun... standing in my living room so taken thru those sliders plus the windows. My camera lacking. 

20240817_100707.jpg

Beautiful!

• Like 2

Currently in Canton Ohio at the Football Hall of Fame as guest of Bowling Green State University as we watch and celebrate the football teams last scrimmage before the season begins. 
Of course would not be here had it not been for our son in law being one of the coaches. Met up with daughter and granddaughter. 

Zoey was not in the mood to meet Freddie and Freida the mascots as she hung onto Christina for dear life. 

IMG_1442.thumb.jpeg.470ac8aa62f011bc3238fe5d60405469.jpeg

IMG_2004.thumb.jpeg.28a0cfc61078f0f124b77895760dcb69.jpeg

GO FALCONS!!

TALONS UP. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Exactly!!  NYC has been trying to push all of the City workers into this plan, and we've been fighting this for the past 3 years.  So far, we've been succeeding. 🤞

My sister-in-law and late BIL were employees of NYC Dept.of Social Service as were Toby and I early in our lives.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2024 at 8:00 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Your comments are completely true. You also have to be careful about their specialty network. Say you have a problem and want to go to Boston because you feel you will get the best care there. Your Advantage plan might say no, you have to go to Providence because those doctors are part of their network. Oh well, too bad for you.

Now I'm worried.    When Eric became eligible for medicare this past March he selected a Medicare Advantage PPO plan thru Aetna to cover part C & D.     To date, he has had no issues with any of his specialty meds and all his doctors (transplant, primary and eye doc) have been part of their network and co-pays have been the same or less than what he paid when he with BCBS thru employer plan.   

There was one medication that Aetna rejected when we went to refill in April but then his doctor stepped in advising Aetna that he is a transplant recipient and it has been covered at a cost of $0.10 for a 90-day supply since April.    

Fingers crossed we don't run into any future problems with the advantage plan.   

• Like 5

23 hours ago, George C said:

Our two kittens like attacking my feet in bed so they are covered by blankets so no harm done . We once had a cat that would take money from my wife’s purse and place it in my shoes , as kittens they both could fit in my size 15 eee shoes.

When Eva was younger she used to take items off my bedroom bureau or bathroom vanity (such as rings, earrings - basically anything shiny) and put in my shoes.    At least I knew where to look when something was missing.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Heard today we got our royal up on our Canaries and Madeira cruise in September. 

Went from OV guarantee (still no cabin ) to obstructive Balcony . Looks OK on the deck plans though so fingers crossed it's a good upgrade .

It's been a busy week. We've had grandparent duties three days this week plus I've had two funerals to attend. Yesterdays funeral was particularly sad. My old colleague from 35 years ago. He was the baby of our ticket desk at the airport and sadly died way too early at 57. 

Such a fun positive person 💔

Sorry for your loss Sue.   May he RIP 🙏

Congratulation on your upgrade.   From what I recall on Serenade the obstructed balconies are only a partial obstruction.   I don't think there are any bad balcony cabins.   The Canaries and Madeira sailings are on my must do list.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

20240817_100707.jpg

love your view!     I think I would be getting a nice patio set with a sofa or large comfy chair and be spending a lot of time on that patio with those beautiful views.    Enjoy!

I was thinking of you last night as I couldn't remember if your Bermuda was coming up soon.  At least Ernesto dropped down to a Cat 1 Hurricane.  I have been to Bermuda right before and right after a Hurricane and they usually fare pretty well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Siam and Loki like there new cat condo , Loki is fully recovered from vet visit, they are 5 months old today.

image.thumb.jpeg.5a494b253562a009ae31808eda883035.jpeg

It's nice that the new condo is conveniently located next to the curtains.  🙂😻

• Haha 13

9 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Cloudy skies in New Jersey, USA, but lots of fun as you can see. Met Life stadium before Kenny Chesney concert. Random shot...20240817_152700.thumb.jpg.80fd0e199bec1c564bdf0349d20461ac.jpg

Have fun.....fingers and toes crossed the weather behaves for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry for your loss Sue.   May he RIP 🙏

Congratulation on your upgrade.   From what I recall on Serenade the obstructed balconies are only a partial obstruction.   I don't think there are any bad balcony cabins.   The Canaries and Madeira sailings are on my must do list.    

Thanks Debbie for your condolences 🙏 

The cruise is actually Anthem on deck 6 so is defo obstructive but according to deck plans I don't think it's too bad and looks like it's got a slightly bigger balcony

It's our first Canaries cruise so not quite sure what we're going to do in Tenerife and Las Palmas, any idea Graham? @grapau27

In Madeira, some friends are on a weeks holiday then, so we will meet them in port.  Other ports we have something booked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The cruise is actually Anthem on deck 6 so is defo obstructive but according to deck plans I don't think it's too bad and looks like it's got a slightly bigger balcony

It's our first Canaries cruise so not quite sure what we're going to do in Tenerife and Las Palmas, any idea Graham? @grapau27

In Madeira, some friends are on a weeks holiday then, so we will meet them in port.  Other ports we have something booked

Hi Sue.

In Tenerife Santa cruz port has a good selection of shops in the centre which is 1 long street.

We always take a tour to Puerto de la Cruz which is about 25 minutes away from the port.

In Las Palmas Gran Canaria there is a shopping centre next to the port gates.

There are some nice beaches too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We love Deck 6 on Anthem.   Great location to use the steps to deck 4 or 5 for royal esplanade and MDR.   Most of the obstructed OVB's we have had on Anthem were considered obstructed because you could not look straight down to the ocean but had full view when looking forward.    

You should be able to google your cabin number for photos to find out what type of obstruction to expect. 

If your cabin is aft and you walk to the end of the aft hallway there is a secret door to the 270 theater, library and computer room.    Great way to get the 270 cafe too.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I often wonder what she is thinking about....

Screenshot_20240808_125017_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3cbe48a85df6bb32ec3b989aa1c95fc1.jpg

She is saying, “Why not make yourself a cocktail and have a seat and I will join you on your lap.”

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, sgmn said:

It's our first Canaries cruise so not quite sure what we're going to do in Tenerife and Las Palmas,

The Canaries were one of our best cruises, with the brand new Anthem.

Tenerife -- we went to the zoo (I'm a big fan of penguins...) with a RC excursion, it was very convenient.

Las Palmas -- just wandered about the beach front and had a nice ice cream.

Lanzarote -- again, took a ship excursion to Timanfaya National Park (rocky landscape) and Madeira -- we had a private excursion, as well as Lisbon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1