Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you Maryann @Luckynana, Mark @h20skibum, Marietta @DaniDanielle, Deb @Momof3gurlz, John @Ozark_Kid and Bethany @TravelGirlinDallas for your thoughts.

Yesterday was indeed a very difficult day. Hard to believe that we're at war for a year and the end is not, sadly, in the near future.

Beside, DS1 had to fly back home and is thinking of moving to our apartment, since his rented one in Tel Aviv is a very old one, without shelter. We, at least, have an in-house shelter.

The good byes were emotional, and the grandsons hugged their uncle again and again...

IMG-20241008-WA0016.jpg

Very sad that 1 yr later this is still going on.  Sounds like a great idea for DS1 to stay at your place.   Hopefully you can stay in Amsterdam for longer then planned.  😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I was doing some work today outside as the gardens are almost done for the season.

Can you spot Lucy?

IMG_7222.thumb.jpeg.8f189913fae345c9b0d404f552feb4a9.jpeg

I didn’t when I was working at first, but I did eventually. 

IMG_7223.thumb.jpeg.219958f43481c62a4a30131c6d2ae27c.jpeg

The engine on the Gator wake her.  

IMG_7224.thumb.jpeg.e39e9d2b7015e3836437edeef82e1daa.jpeg

• Like 26

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Day 3 Cococay 

Mooring pics got better!

image.thumb.png.0fd18915429ca9f0604c0827a8a80618.png

image.thumb.png.c7f9da51b4bbd0bd8e769d91e77b3247.png

🤣

Winner! Winner!! Those pics are awesome. Extra points for closeup.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We thought Utopia was a nice ship.  There is a lot to enjoy.  Our friends that cruised with us for their 1st cruise loved it.  They said they should of cruised with us earlier. 

Taking 3 days to drive there was a BIG challenge. Cruising was a big challenge. The way things were going Sharon drove 17.5 hours back home so we didn't have to spend another night at a hotel. 

By the 3rd day of the cruise we decided not to cruise anymore 😕 Sharon talked to Crown and Anchor.  She explained that we have 139 points but can not cruise anymore.   They gave us a Utopia crystal!

We had to cancel the Bella cruise.   I was so excited to meet my friends here but now it hurts to think about it. 

Ken said that maybe some of y'all can get together and FaceTime us.  We would love that.  It will be hard to fight back tears so we might need to do it at least twice! 😆 

My heart breaks for you but I totally understand. Now should be about your comfort. We will definitely do a FaceTime with you and will miss you terribly.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

We thought Utopia was a nice ship.  There is a lot to enjoy.  Our friends that cruised with us for their 1st cruise loved it.  They said they should of cruised with us earlier. 

Taking 3 days to drive there was a BIG challenge. Cruising was a big challenge. The way things were going Sharon drove 17.5 hours back home so we didn't have to spend another night at a hotel. 

By the 3rd day of the cruise we decided not to cruise anymore 😕 Sharon talked to Crown and Anchor.  She explained that we have 139 points but can not cruise anymore.   They gave us a Utopia crystal!

We had to cancel the Bella cruise.   I was so excited to meet my friends here but now it hurts to think about it. 

Ken said that maybe some of y'all can get together and FaceTime us.  We would love that.  It will be hard to fight back tears so we might need to do it at least twice! 😆 

John, I am so sorry that you and Sharon had to make the decision that this was to be your last cruise.  I love Ken's suggestion of us getting together to FaceTime with you, our dear friend!❤️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry that the trip was so challenging for you. Fortunately, you have good memories to fall back on not to mention all of us here on CC to keep company with as well as your family.

I don’t think I could have said it any better. @Ozark_Kid the memories will always be with you. ❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear the challenges of traveling and cruising will no longer make it possible.  😪

That was very nice they gave Sharon a Utopia crystal block.   

You are blessed with a beautiful, loving, supportive family and always in my thoughts and prayers🥰

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I have not seen any posts recently from Renee FLL. 

Hope all is good and she is busy cruising.

I was thinking the same this weekend and then saw her post on another thread.  

She's probably having fun cruising with her beautiful handbag collection.

• Like 2

@Ozark_Kid  I am also feeling exactly as others before me have so eloquently stated.  You have to do what is best, and I am so happy that you got a Utopia crystal block.  That is really special.  I look forward to face timing you in February.  Until then, keep those grandkids pics coming! 😃

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid John- Deciding to no longer take cruise vacations must have been a difficult one for you and your wife, it is a close of a chapter filled with enjoyment, friendship,visiting new places and creating so many memories. But, putting well - being and health first is what is important.

A dear friend was in her eighties when she told me- “At a certain age or place in life, comfort is the first consideration. So, don’t turn down an opportunity to fly first class, stay at a beautiful resort and put time into your vacation,so there is no rushing about.Make your days enjoyable !” As I am in my 70s,I truly get what she was talking about.

You and your wife must make your days as comfortable as possible. You both are blessed with a lovely family,a beautiful garden, and friends that care about you. And, Kenzie’s beautiful smile and loving heart.
Wishing you good days.

MJ👩🏻

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I’m glad you had a good cruise but sad it will be the last. I know it’s something you’ve loved to do.  I’m very glad they gave you a block!

• Like 5

@Ozark_Kid

I'm sorry we won't be meeting each other on Bella 2.0 but obviously your health and comfort are far more important. No doubt it was a heart-breaking decision to not only cancel Bella but stop cruising all together.

I hope you will still continue to post here to keep us up-to-date on your journey as well as the most adorable grandchildren ever......and of course, the Dad jokes that never fail to put a smile on my face.

• Like 13

On 10/7/2024 at 8:56 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I don't have any credit cards with an annual fee. I'm not going to pay them a fee to have the privilege of making money for them.

The only money they make off of me is the % that they charge the vendors for processing the payment.  Paying the bill off every month plus cashing in on my "rewards" or cash-back (depending on the card) means that my account by itself costs them money.  

• Like 5

On 10/7/2024 at 9:18 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

image.thumb.png.a0b043323124db8042ba983999d19b25.png

I know what THAT drink is!!!  😋

Like the others, I'm sad to hear that your cruising days are behind you, but you'll always have the memories. I'm so glad that I got to meet you guys (more than once!) and share our combination live thread on Harmony!

And we'll DEFINITELY do group video chats on the upcoming Bella cruises... you can't get away from us that easily!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

By the 3rd day of the cruise we decided not to cruise anymore 😕

John, I was sorry to read that you have decided to not cruise anymore.  You have made a decision that is right for you, and as others have said, you will always have the good memories from cruising.  

I wish we would have had the chance to meet in person on Utopia, but our dates were just a little off.  I always enjoy the photos of your grandkids and all they are up to.  I hope you continue to stay in touch with your “family” here, and that we see many more pictures.  

• Like 10

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Ozark_Kid

obviously your health and comfort are far more important. No doubt it was a heart-breaking decision to not only cancel Bella but stop cruising all together.

I hope you will still continue to post here to keep us up-to-date on your journey as well as the most adorable grandchildren ever......and of course, the Dad jokes that never fail to put a smile on my face.

+ 1 @Ozark_Kid &  I was wondering if you had anything you would like us to post photos of for you?  OB gets lighthouses and Greg gets the ship lines, liquor and Christmas….Is there anything specific that we can share that can brighten your day? or you would like us to post photos of that you can share with your gorgeous grandkids?

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The only money they make off of me is the % that they charge the vendors for processing the payment.  Paying the bill off every month plus cashing in on my "rewards" or cash-back (depending on the card) means that my account by itself costs them money.  

Same here though I don't know that the cash back actually puts them at a loss with my accounts. That cash back is their incentive to get you to charge everything instead of using cash or personal check. I have never paid their insane interest rates. If I can't afford to pay the cards off every month then I can't afford whatever it is that I'm buying.

And if by some chance the card suppliers do lose money on people like me then I guess I have to thank the folks who subsidize my economic management style.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

+ 1 @Ozark_Kid &  I was wondering if you had anything you would like us to post photos of for you?  OB gets lighthouses and Greg gets the ship lines, liquor and Christmas….Is there anything specific that we can share that can brighten your day? or you would like us to post photos of that you can share with your gorgeous grandkids?

What a great idea. 

@Ozark_Kid I echo what everyone else has said about your decision to no longer cruise.  As aussielozzie suggested, I hope there’s something we can post here for you, especially since you’ve shared so many wonderful photos of your grandkids and your gardens.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here though I don't know that the cash back actually puts them at a loss with my accounts. That cash back is their incentive to get you to charge everything instead of using cash or personal check. I have never paid their insane interest rates. If I can't afford to pay the cards off every month then I can't afford whatever it is that I'm buying.

And if by some chance the card suppliers do lose money on people like me then I guess I have to thank the folks who subsidize my economic management style.

We also pay off cards immediately, my go to card is an Amex Hilton card to annual fee and I got 6 free nights at Hilton hotels this year, no annual fee.

• Like 1