Now for something completely different

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

Yep, got bought by a foreign company, I forget which one. They changed the recipe. They were once a really hard biscuit and were changed to a soft cookie. Before the change it was next to impossible for them to fall in your cup of tee while dunking. I stopped buying them.

NZ ones don't fall in to your tea when you dunk them.  That is an essential part of the ritual.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

NZ ones don't fall in to your tea when you dunk them.  That is an essential part of the ritual.  

However they aren't too hard to nibble if you don't want to dunk them. In other words, they are perfect. 😊

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Here I am enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and a couple of Peek Freens Fruit Creme biscuits🙂

Earl grey Lyle, really ?
can you see the duke sitting around the camp fire on the red river sipping Earl grey with his little finger in the air.  LOL.

I like my coffee like my woman,dark stormy and bitter.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Earl grey Lyle, really ?
can you see the duke sitting around the camp fire on the red river sipping Earl grey with his little finger in the air.  LOL.

I like my coffee like my woman,dark stormy and bitter.

Likewise, not had a cup of tea for 50 years, strong coffee with a dash of leche. 
Tea is an insipid non event taste, IMO.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I'm a coffee kid too so you can keep your tea and also your ginger nut bikkies.  Just give me a strong black coffee and a Tim Tam.  Oh, I don't really need the Tim Tam but I do like the occasional one.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Likewise, not had a cup of tea for 50 years, strong coffee with a dash of leche. 
Tea is an insipid non event taste, IMO.

It depends on the blend of tea and how you make it. On cruises I would always as for a large pot of tea with two English Breakfast teabags at breakfast. By the time I was ready to drink it it was nice and strong. At home I use Dilmah Ceylon Supreme which is more flavoursome than the English Breakfast blend. I can't drink Earl Grey as the bergamot upsets my tummy but I like Darjeeling in the afternoon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Yep, I'm a coffee kid too so you can keep your tea and also your ginger nut bikkies.  Just give me a strong black coffee and a Tim Tam.  Oh, I don't really need the Tim Tam but I do like the occasional one.

LC1948 to LC1950, copy.

8 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

I just wish they'd use better quality chocolate on Tim Tams. They always have an odd backtaste to me, a sign of cheap and nasty chocolate.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just wish they'd use better quality chocolate on Tim Tams. They always have an odd backtaste to me, a sign of cheap and nasty chocolate.

Probably made in India.

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It depends on the blend of tea and how you make it. On cruises I would always as for a large pot of tea with two English Breakfast teabags at breakfast. By the time I was ready to drink it it was nice and strong. At home I use Dilmah Ceylon Supreme which is more flavoursome than the English Breakfast blend. I can't drink Earl Grey as the bergamot upsets my tummy but I like Darjeeling in the afternoon.

I don’t mind a strong cup of tea.Dilmar, Narada,Northern rivers.

But you have to bend the spoon when you stir it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t mind a strong cup of tea.Dilmar, Narada,Northern rivers.

But you have to bend the spoon when you stir it.

I was introduced to iced tea on Princess, drinkable, it was free, ok with lunch in horizon court buffet or mdr. The yanks love it,

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I was introduced to iced tea on Princess, drinkable, it was free, ok with lunch in horizon court buffet or mdr. The yanks love it,

Borderline drinkable. 😏

We like the Liptons Iced Tea, it doesn't have too much sugar in it. Refreshing on a hot day.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Borderline drinkable. 😏

We like the Liptons Iced Tea, it doesn't have too much sugar in it. Refreshing on a hot day.

Had that in the bottle, not bad, has to be very cold.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

In London, I ordered tea to be given tea with milk in it.  I said sorry I wanted black tea,   The lady said well you have to say black tea.

That would have annoyed me immensely. I do take a splash of milk in my breakfast tea but only a splash. If other people add the milk for me they always put far too much in and then it's unpleasant to drink. 

One of the problems we found in SA and Victoria was that some regional cafes were only using takeaway cups for tea (and coffee) even if you were having a sit down breakfast. They'd put the teabag in a large takeaway cup and add far too much milk so the hot water cooled too much and the tea didn't brew properly. Ugh! I quickly learnt to adk for a pot of tea and if they said " sorry, no pots" I changed my order to a cafe latte.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would have annoyed me immensely. I do take a splash of milk in my breakfast tea but only a splash. If other people add the milk for me they always put far too much in and then it's unpleasant to drink. 

One of the problems we found in SA and Victoria was that some regional cafes were only using takeaway cups for tea (and coffee) even if you were having a sit down breakfast. They'd put the teabag in a large takeaway cup and add far too much milk so the hot water cooled too much and the tea didn't brew properly. Ugh! I quickly learnt to adk for a pot of tea and if they said " sorry, no pots" I changed my order to a cafe latte.

Oh I hate those takeaway cups also.  I always ask if they use cups for both tea and coffee.  The Americans don't understand that you need fresh boiling water for a good cup of tea.  I hate  those machines for making coffee, to also be used for making tea.  I take an immersion "thing" with me to boil the water, so I can enjoy a freshly brewed cup of tea. .  

40 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I feel like Robinson Carusoe. Am I the only one here who drinks green tea? Have done so since my first visit to China (it was during SARS).

Do you have a favourite green tea?  I drink all kinds of teas - green, Chinese, jasmine, etc. - when I visit Chinese restaurants and when I fly overseas.  Eva Air has a wonderful selection of teas, which they serve in fine bone china on a cloth tablemat.  

I used to buy Chinese tea in a box from a Chinese supermarket in Sydney, but it closed down. 

However, at home I mainly drink Earl Grey with lemon (if I have it).   At present I have Lady Grey at home. 

19 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you have a favourite green tea?  I drink all kinds of teas - green, Chinese, jasmine, etc. - when I visit Chinese restaurants and when I fly overseas.  Eva Air has a wonderful selection of teas, which they serve in fine bone china on a cloth tablemat.  

I used to buy Chinese tea in a box from a Chinese supermarket in Sydney, but it closed down. 

However, at home I mainly drink Earl Grey with lemon (if I have it).   At present I have Lady Grey at home. 

Whatever's available at Aldi. Not fussy.

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Best tea doesn't have to be expensive.  I prefer non blended leaf tea.

Although Oolong's not bad as far as tea goes, but for me,  it's a bit like the run-of-the-mill Aussie beers, can't taste much difference.