Now for something completely different

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Do they have cat herders there?

That town straddles the boarder and Lyle believe it or not the river which is the boarder is called the Rio grand.

The people who live on the NSW side swim across the boarder to get work herding kangaroos for the wealthy Queenslanders.

AND the Queenslanders drive to NSW to get cheap medicine and a girl for the night.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s strange because my cousin was a NSW cop and was stationed in Texas .

State police stationed in border towns are sworn in as Special Constables, NSW Police at Albury sworn as Victorian Special Constables. Likewise Qld/NSW.

Police in Queanbeyan, NSW are sworn as Australian Federal Police so as they can chase miscreants like our Mic across the ACT border.🤣

Edited by NSWP

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

State police stationed in border towns are sworn in as Special Constables, NSW Police at Albury sworn as Victorian Special Constables. Likewise Qld/NSW.

Police in Queanbeyan, NSW are sworn as Australian Federal Police so as they can chase miscreants like our Mic across the ACT border.🤣

Uncle Les my cousin retired about 25 years ago he was a crown Sargent in Albury his name was Doug R .

Were you in in any shoot outs with him?

51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Depends on the person, a local certainly doesn't say it like anyone else (Tronna). LOL 

Always has been had a very well spoken lady move the area once asked me “It Tronna west anywhere near To-Ron-To”.

Same as you know true Wangiites by if they say Whan gee Whan gee, but my GPS says Won-Jai.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:42 PM, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les my cousin retired about 25 years ago he was a crown Sargent in Albury his name was Doug R .

Were you in in any shoot outs with him?

Does not ring a 🛎 phillip

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2021 at 11:41 AM, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Marion, Lynn is quite excited for Oz because of the people we have met on CC and the opportunity to meet some folks we have been talking to for so many months. 

I know you will have limited time in Sydney, with a lot to do & see in the Sydney region. But if you do have time I would be happy to meet up with you, especially if you are considering a visit to Blue Mtns, as we live nearby. I think I get a pass mark from Uncle Les and Mic & Julie??? 🙂😮

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I know you will have limited time in Sydney, with a lot to do & see in the Sydney region. But if you do have time I would be happy to meet up with you, especially if you are considering a visit to Blue Mtns, as we live nearby. I think I get a pass mark from Uncle Les and Mic & Julie??? 🙂😮

This has become way more about meeting people. We would be happy to meet up with you. We have 3 nights in Sydney and then we will pick up the hire car and drive to Canberra where we are meeting up with Mic and Rosie. We have also made arrangements to stop in Batehaven to visit Les. There are others here we would love to meet and if we can set it up that would be great.

18 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Mr walker

Did you visit Lyle’s new Canadian forum. There seems to more Australian’s on there than Canadaians

Hey Chili I didn't start it, I found out about it here. I am a little disappointed with the turn out over there. I thought there would be some of the regulars I have seen on the Celebrity. It will either catch on or not, We'll see. I check it from time to time but there really isn't much to work with yet.