Now for something completely different

27 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Chili I didn't start it, I found out about it here. I am a little disappointed with the turn out over there. I thought there would be some of the regulars I have seen on the Celebrity. It will either catch on or not, We'll see. I check it from time to time but there really isn't much to work with yet.

Probably could do with a bit more publicity. Also doesn't help they started the forum when no one is cruising 😕

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Chili I didn't start it, I found out about it here. I am a little disappointed with the turn out over there. I thought there would be some of the regulars I have seen on the Celebrity. It will either catch on or not, We'll see. I check it from time to time but there really isn't much to work with yet.

Like I said it’s not the right climate to start something about cruise.

Actually there was someone who thanked me for starting it .

I think the secret is to keep the entertainment value up. I think this is why this forum is so active.
Some of here will nurture you forum for you

Just now, ilikeanswers said:

Probably could do with a bit more publicity. Also doesn't help they started the forum when no one is cruising 😕

This is true, you really have to scroll down to find it. I think one of the reasons this forum works is because the threads wander around the topic and sometimes goes somewhere completely different and then wanders back. There don't seem to be people "monitoring" and scolding people for getting off topic. Also the attitude here is more laid back and definitely more friendly. Hopefully the Canadian forum will catch on. It will be interesting when cruising does start up again, I think there are a lot of Canadians just itching for the "Travel Advisory" to be removed.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

This is true, you really have to scroll down to find it. I think one of the reasons this forum works is because the threads wander around the topic and sometimes goes somewhere completely different and then wanders back. There don't seem to be people "monitoring" and scolding people for getting off topic. Also the attitude here is more laid back and definitely more friendly. Hopefully the Canadian forum will catch on. It will be interesting when cruising does start up again, I think there are a lot of Canadians just itching for the "Travel Advisory" to be removed.

You need to sell your self Lyle.

Thats what you Canadian’s need to do .

Something like  the street walker just show your wares a bit.

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You need to sell your self Lyle.

Thats what you Canadian’s need to do .

Something like  the street walker just show your wares a bit.

I really don't need to sell anything. The forum is there, people can use it or not.

So suddenly we find ourselves with several exciting invitations in Sydney. Julie we would love to come to Lane Cove so you can introduce us to some fine Asian fusion cuisine. All we have to do is figure out an interesting way to get there. Something that involves a harbour ferry may be fun. 

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So suddenly we find ourselves with several exciting invitations in Sydney. Julie we would love to come to Lane Cove so you can introduce us to some fine Asian fusion cuisine. All we have to do is figure out an interesting way to get there. Something that involves a harbour ferry may be fun. 

Uber or taxi, Lyle, around $40 each way, Sydney CBD to Lane Cove, done it.  Chickenfeed for a wealthy Canuck like yourself.🤣

Now we have to wind up the cruiselines to get those ships here sooner than later !!

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Sorry, Lyle, but there isn't a fun way to get to Lane Cove even though it is quite close to the CBD. It's Uber/Taxi or bus and the nearest bus stop is a long way from where you're staying.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps a ferry from CQ or Darling Harbour to Gladesville  or a north shore train to Artarmon or Chatswood and then a cab/ uber.

Or CQ to Greenwich then short cab ride to Lane Cove.

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Or CQ to Greenwich then short cab ride to Lane Cove.

Your chances of getting a cab from a ferry wharf like Greenwich are very slim. You'd hav e to book it for a start and for short journeys like that half the time they never turn up. Better to use Uber.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Your chances of getting a cab from a ferry wharf like Greenwich are very slim. You'd hav e to book it for a start and for short journeys like that half the time they never turn up. Better to use Uber.

Agree

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Uber would work better

My son has been driving for Uber now for some months, as Chimu business is very slow re Antartcia, South Ameica/Central America. 

He drives his Land Rover Discovery for Uber.  Yes I know car shown is in disabled spot, but not his, but his is same model and colour.

1200px-2016_Land_Rover_Discovery_Sport_SE_Tech_T_2.0_Front.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My son has been driving for Uber now for some months, as Chimu business is very slow re Antartcia, South Ameica/Central America. 

He drives his Land Rover Discovery for Uber.  Yes I know car shown is in disabled spot, but not his, but his is same model and colour.

What a find!!🤪

6 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

What a find!!🤪

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You must be proud of your son driving an Uber whilst he waits for his overseas travel business to return. 

That would be a beautiful comfortable vehicle to do day tours in.

• Like 1

So the Australian cricketers contracted with IPL, plus commentators etc, 30 all up have got a charter flight from India to Maldives, arranged by Cricket Australia and IPL.  I bet that lot will not end up in Howard Springs Quarantine Camp like the rest of the repat people from India. More like a 5 star hotel in Sydney for their 14 day quarantine.

What say ye?

• Like 1

They need to spend 2 weeks in the Maldives first and then the two weeks somewhere here in Australia. As they are not coming from India (having the two week quarantine elsewhere) then they may not have to go to Howard springs but then it has always been one rule for those with money to pay as opposed to those without.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They need to spend 2 weeks in the Maldives first and then the two weeks somewhere here in Australia. As they are not coming from India (having the two week quarantine elsewhere) then they may not have to go to Howard springs but then it has always been one rule for those with money to pay as opposed to those without.

Exactly, Alcohol is prohibited at Howard Springs and the meals are are one choice, 'take it or starve.'

The ordinary people will go there and the celebs and money people, 5 star hotels with fine wines and a selection of michelin starred fayre.

So the shot went without incident, I chose my left arm. It was Pfizer and the nurse was excellent, I didn't even feel it. As it turns out in her normal job she specializes in pediatric inoculations. I have warned my boss that I may not be in tomorrow, but we will see what comes over night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1