Now for something completely different

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

My son has been driving for Uber now for some months, as Chimu business is very slow re Antartcia, South Ameica/Central America. 

He drives his Land Rover Discovery for Uber.  Yes I know car shown is in disabled spot, but not his, but his is same model and colour.

1200px-2016_Land_Rover_Discovery_Sport_SE_Tech_T_2.0_Front.jpg

High end Uber.

I would love to encounter something like that if I called for an Uber. We have just started to allow Uber type services here in BC, so I wouldn't know where to start. With my luck we would call for an Uber and get a 2002 Honda that is also the shaggy dog transporter.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

High end Uber.

I would love to encounter something like that if I called for an Uber. We have just started to allow Uber type services here in BC, so I wouldn't know where to start. With my luck we would call for an Uber and get a 2002 Honda that is also the shaggy dog transporter.

Yes, he gets premium rate bookings using that.

No Ubers down my way, just 3 taxis in the town. We are in a time warp.

You need the Uber app, Lyle.

Edited by NSWP

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So the shot went without incident, I chose my left arm. It was Pfizer and the nurse was excellent, I didn't even feel it. As it turns out in her normal job she specializes in pediatric inoculations. I have warned my boss that I may not be in tomorrow, but we will see what comes over night.

Glad all is well and congrats on now being part of the solution!! 

Thought you would be interested in a US news article regarding the Covid 19 vaccine. 

There is a private school in Miami, Florida, called Centner Academy, that will not employ anyone who has taken the vaccine and also has notified all its teachers and employees that they must wait until the end of the school year to get vaccinated and (possibly not be rehired).  The reason is "Tens of thousands of women all over the world have recently been reporting adverse reproductive issues from being in close proximity with those who have received any one of the Covid 19 injections".  You just can not fix stupid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Brandee, it felt like forever to get to this point. Lynn got her first dose 8 weeks ago and her mom got hers about a month before that. Lynn's Mom gets her second dose next weekend. I think that we are getting an adequate supply of vaccine now so perhaps the lag between doses may be shortened.

Maybe we will get all those who want it vaccinated by mid summer (hope springs eternal).

With regards to the school, I have to believe that a rational mind would tell the school to get stuffed, there have to be lots of schools who need teachers that aren't run by cultists.

• Like 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Nice area that, Picton and the Marlborough sounds.

Yes Picton is on our itinerary for the cruise. They showed the "mail boat" cruise which may be interesting depending on the cost.

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes Picton is on our itinerary for the cruise. They showed the "mail boat" cruise which may be interesting depending on the cost.

Regarding your time in Sydney.  I highly recommend a small group day trip to the Blue Mountains..In addition to the Scenic Railway and Featherdale Wildlife Preserve and more, you get to cruise back to Sydney Harbor and go under the bridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Glad all is well and congrats on now being part of the solution!! 

Thought you would be interested in a US news article regarding the Covid 19 vaccine. 

There is a private school in Miami, Florida, called Centner Academy, that will not employ anyone who has taken the vaccine and also has notified all its teachers and employees that they must wait until the end of the school year to get vaccinated and (possibly not be rehired).  The reason is "Tens of thousands of women all over the world have recently been reporting adverse reproductive issues from being in close proximity with those who have received any one of the Covid 19 injections".  You just can not fix stupid.  

I read about this school Brandee. Are they some sort of religious cult or just stupid?

Leigh

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I read about this school Brandee. Are they some sort of religious cult or just stupid?

Leigh

Some think they are a cult, some call them heroes :

‘Insane and dangerous’: Inside the Miami school that told teachers not to get vaccinated

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Regarding your time in Sydney.  I highly recommend a small group day trip to the Blue Mountains..In addition to the Scenic Railway and Featherdale Wildlife Preserve and more, you get to cruise back to Sydney Harbor and go under the bridge

On your tour did they drop you off at parramatta ferry and catch the river ferry to circular quay.

15 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

You and Leigh are right.  They are a cult going under the guise of multi billionaire philanthropists.  The teachers who are teaching at the school also get housing.  So now David and Leila are in control of their lives. Pretty dangerous.  Don't follow our doctrine and you lose your home and job.  Pretty scary.

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

On your tour did they drop you off at parramatta ferry and catch the river ferry to circular quay.

Yes.  The ferry took us back to Circular Quay.  In the morning we were picked up a block from our hotel (Marriott at Circular Quay) by a small 10 seater mini bus and a tour guide jam packed with info.  We even got boomerang lessons and got to frolic among the kangaroos and koalas.

Edited by BRANDEE

3 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Yes.  The ferry took us back to Circular Quay.  In the morning we were picked up a block for our hotel (Marriott at Circular Quay) by a small 10 seater mini bus and a tour guide jam packed with info.  We even got boomerang lessons and got to frolic among the kangaroos and koalas.

TripAdvisor says that the best tour in Sydney.

You can do it your self.

Catch the train to Katoomba and on the way back get of at parramatta.

There’s a bus or a 10 minute walk to parramatta wharf.

But you wouldn’t get the tourist stuff and the guide.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Yes.  The ferry took us back to Circular Quay.  In the morning we were picked up a block from our hotel (Marriott at Circular Quay) by a small 10 seater mini bus and a tour guide jam packed with info.  We even got boomerang lessons and got to frolic among the kangaroos and koalas.

Actually if you where to do it your self it would only cost about $18 as there’s a cap on public transport.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

TripAdvisor says that the best tour in Sydney.

You can do it your self.

Catch the train to Katoomba and on the way back get of at parramatta.

There’s a bus or a 10 minute walk to parramatta wharf.

But you wouldn’t get the tourist stuff and the guide.

Considered taking the train, but very happy to have the guide all day.  We learned a lot about Australia and the history of your country. The Blue Mountains were beautiful and the guide drove us to many off the beaten path places.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Actually if you where to do it your self it would only cost about $18 as there’s a cap on public transport.

My husband and I usually do it yourself or get a private guide, but the other couple we were with never try things on their own..Always what if?  We did a two week cruise to Baltic one year and never took a ship related tour..did all small private tours, luckily the other couple were not with us.  

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

High end Uber.

In Australia you can choose the type of Uber you want from the cheapest through to high end. We usually pick the Comfort type so we don't end up being squashed in a tiny car. They are always very clean, cleaner than some taxis I've been in.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

In Australia you can choose the type of Uber you want from the cheapest through to high end. We usually pick the Comfort type so we don't end up being squashed in a tiny car. They are always very clean, cleaner than some taxis I've been in.

Thanks Julie. I guess I have been spoiled in a way. When I was young public transit was not very good in my area and I rarely went to "town" anyway. As soon as I was old enough I got my drivers license and have always driven everywhere. We have only started using cabs to and from the ferry or airport recently. Uber wasn't an option until last year. I know Uber works on an "app" do I need the Uber Australia app or is it world wide?

44 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

was that 'Blue Mountains Day Tours'? The bloke that runs that 'Chappo' is a bit of a legend in these parts.

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Julie. I guess I have been spoiled in a way. When I was young public transit was not very good in my area and I rarely went to "town" anyway. As soon as I was old enough I got my drivers license and have always driven everywhere. We have only started using cabs to and from the ferry or airport recently. Uber wasn't an option until last year. I know Uber works on an "app" do I need the Uber Australia app or is it world wide?

I think it's world-wide as I've used it in NZ.

Driving everywhere is good unless a) you're drinking alcohol or b) parking is ridiculously expensive.

33 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Considered taking the train, but very happy to have the guide all day.  We learned a lot about Australia and the history of your country. The Blue Mountains were beautiful and the guide drove us to many off the beaten path places.

If you don’t have the time  it’s best to take a tour. They cram a lot in.

If you had the time a night here a night there .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If you don’t have the time  it’s best to take a tour. They cram a lot in.

If you had the time a night here a night there .

We were lucky to have five full days before our cruise departed to tour the area.  We got a three day pass for the hop on/off Big Bus and saw a lot both in town and out by Bondi Beach. Another day we took the ferry over to Manly Beach .  Our only slip up was a tour of the Opera House.  We were told to just go and take a tour, but the day we went there was a special event and tours were cancelled. So we booked a tour for Mar 19 the day the Ruby was coming back to port and we had would have all day before she was going to leave for our Fiji cruise. And you know how that turned out!!

Edited by BRANDEE

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uber wasn't an option until last year. I know Uber works on an "app" do I need the Uber Australia app or is it world wide?

It is one app world wide but since you are in Australia you may want to consider Ola or DiDi. They don't price surge like Uber and the driver fees are less so more take home for the driver.