Now for something completely different

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It has been like that for the last few years, I would actually like it if they were available all year round.

But you can (minus the cross) if you have a Bakers Delight or just a good bakery; a fruit bun:

FCAC703F-E54C-4AE6-9EBC-873D11233E5B.webp

Edited by Porky55

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It has been like that for the last few years, I would actually like it if they were available all year round.

Just remove the cross Mic. Do not worry, Easter Eggs will be in the shops next week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Not lessons learned. He is taking it to court, so the saga will continue😳

I hope that the powers that be will stand firm on this. Australians can't travel freely in Australia without being vaccinated. They can't attend the event without being vaccinated, but the anti vaxxer can?

I think Danny Riccardo the Australian F1 star who is vaccinated as per F1 requirements had to quarantine when he came home to see his family for the first time in 2 years.

The player in question made a personal choice, there are consequences to that. Unless he will drop dead from the vaccine there is no excuse.

• Like 5

Novak to stay in detention in Melbourne until his case is heard on Monday.  

Tennis Australia is now looking at two other exemptions which were granted.  

This what happens when people try to bend the rules to their own advantage. 

Sad for the people of Melbourne who have gone through so much, with lockdowns. 

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So it looks like some tennis players aren't as special as they thought. Oh well I hope that is a lesson learned.

All sounds like a publicity stunt to me. This rubbish has been going on for months now, is he coming is he not coming, is he vaxed ,is he not? Surely  the questions would have been asked  about  visas etc and would he be allowed into Oz long before ho got on a plane. …or is he so arrogant and self entitled that we would just bow down  to him?   Would not surprise though if the court lets him stay…. Wink wink..nudge nudge, money talks………thanks for all the publicity.

16 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

All sounds like a publicity stunt to me. This rubbish has been going on for months now, is he coming is he not coming, is he vaxed ,is he not? Surely  the questions would have been asked  about  visas etc and would he be allowed into Oz long before ho got on a plane. …or is he so arrogant and self entitled that we would just bow down  to him?   Would not surprise though if the court lets him stay…. Wink wink..nudge nudge, money talks………thanks for all the publicity.

I agree, Feds responsibility for Visa's  but Vic gov being blamed and media talking about the djokhead instead of covid testing , etc.

Return Serb, he's been Djokevicted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did I mention every that we live in Victoria because of the mild climate and little snow? Well the joke is on me. We had a bit of snow Christmas day, then about 10cm boxing day and again on the 27th another 10 cm nothing the Subaru couldn't handle. That bit was almost gone and then we got about 25 cm in one go last night, snow day no way we were even going to try. It seems to be melting now so I'll go out in a bit and see if I can get a track down and up from the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The weather is becoming unpredictable due to having more extreme events,

Hail storms again in Canberra,  not unusual for January but parts of ithe city absolutely smashed with larger than usual hail and with a mini cyclone in some suburbs

You are sure getting smashed by the storms Mic, had a couple over the mountain but not as severe as ACT, they fizzle out a bit. More today, stay safe.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Novak to stay in detention in Melbourne until his case is heard on Monday.  

Tennis Australia is now looking at two other exemptions which were granted.  

This what happens when people try to bend the rules to their own advantage. 

Sad for the people of Melbourne who have gone through so much, with lockdowns. 

I hope that "Detention" means a really crappy 2 star hotel or better yet a holding cell, with guards on the door and food delivered in a carry out bag left on the floor at the door. With the charge back to the offender at $1,000.00 a day.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Haha 1

Detention centre is the same place as asylum seekers first go while being assessed. Not as nice as  quarantine  hotel. He can leave (Australia) whenever he wants but is choosing to stay while he awaits a court decision on whether he may have a case on Monday.