Now for something completely different

On 1/7/2022 at 6:13 PM, Chiliburn said:

To bad the ruby princess isn’t in town to lock the yugoslob up in .

Actually he is a Serbian.

Is he still at ye olde Prk Hotel in Carlton ? Or has he moved to something more palatial like the Hyatt. A spell at Howard Springs Quarantine Barracks might wake him up to himself,  stay with the ordinary folk.

Edited by NSWP

I just came back from hunting around at IGA's at Batehaven and Surf Beach, near me.  They have a reasonable supply of TP and plenty of the stuff Woolworths could not supply me yesterday. The Batehaven Butchery had a good supply of carnivorous stuff.  Good to see nobody is starving on CC. Not that we know of anyway.

1496808827_th(3).jpg.a72fbfc50d29a6efa168c732074b1d89.jpg

27 minutes ago, mr walker said:

is this what our life has become in 2022 🙂 

TP update for Penrith. For our delivery order this week, we couldn't order our usual 8 roll brand so had to order another brand (it's TP right? 🙂 ), & was only available is 20 roll pack, which came as ordered!

Actually our entire order was delivered as ordered, including steak & snags. I guess half of Penrith are down at Bateman's Bay buying up all Les' supply.

Stay safe mate, I'm still hoping to get down there next month, once all the tourists leave!

Thanks Neil, no worries, will be good to see youse.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Actually he is a Serbian.

Is he still at ye olde Prk Hotel in Carlton ? Or has he moved to something more palatial like the Hyatt. A spell at Howard Springs Quarantine Barracks might wake him up to himself,  stay with the ordinary folk.

No. He isn't in the Park Hotel any more. He was moved out of there during the Court hearing because the live feed of proceedings kept failing - too many people trying to access it. He went to his lawyers' office. When the Judge found in Djokovic's favour, he was released and presumably went to the house his team had rented. A news report says it has a tennis court. By midnight on the day of the hearing, he was practicing at the Rod Laver Arena.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Actually, I don’t know if Yugoslavia exists anymore. 

I can confirm Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore😂. Did a road trip around Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Slovenia seven years ago and there were plenty of borders that needed crossing, customs to fill out and lots of  stamps in passports (no Schengen Agreements in that region either). I really miss getting my passport stamped☹️

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

I can confirm Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore😂. Did a road trip around Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Slovenia seven years ago and there were plenty of borders that needed crossing, customs to fill out and lots of  stamps in passports (no Schengen Agreements in that region either). I really miss getting my passport stamped☹️

I think it was about 1992 the Communist Federation of Yugoslavia busted up.  So much warring conflict in that region.

Went to Woolies yesterday and saw the fruit and veg section half empty. Milk was almost gone and so where the eggs. Meat was okay maybe a quarter empty. Did not see TP as I am still stocked. Going to the local greengrocer they were stocked like normal and the butchers looked stock too. I guess not every supply is affected. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I think it was about 1992 the Communist Federation of Yugoslavia busted up.  So much warring conflict in that region.

Traveling through Bosnia and Croatia there were a number of monuments to some dreadful massacres. In Bosnia we even saw some landmine warnings🙄. Very tragic. Slovenia from what I understand avoided the conflict as were able they negotiated separation from Yugoslavia. Montenegro had only separated from Serbia 9 years after our visit. They had renovated all their historical moments so it was looking really good. 

• Like 1

Update....  having finished lunch.... what was left in local Wollies supermarket

No TP, No Tissues... No Paper Towel....

Tinned fish and other tinned things  about  half empty

( didn't look at pasta or rice... but the other day mostly empty )

Packaged... meat and fish.. about 90% empty... rather limited choice....

even the deli has about 25% empty,,,,

Wines supply and Gin    AOK at home....

So that was excitement for the day ......

now waiting for dinner..... Don

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Update....  having finished lunch.... what was left in local Wollies supermarket

No TP, No Tissues... No Paper Towel....

Tinned fish and other tinned things  about  half empty

( didn't look at pasta or rice... but the other day mostly empty )

Packaged... meat and fish.. about 90% empty... rather limited choice....

even the deli has about 25% empty,,,,

Wines supply and Gin    AOK at home....

So that was excitement for the day ......

now waiting for dinner..... Don

Good update Don, good to see you have adequate supply of Gin and Tonic and your Jacobs Creek Riesling,  but your Woollies sounds like it is strife.

th.jpg.ef1b882e062c3e86a2c8ab225803484f.jpg

47 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Traveling through Bosnia and Croatia there were a number of monuments to some dreadful massacres. In Bosnia we even saw some landmine warnings🙄. Very tragic. Slovenia from what I understand avoided the conflict as were able they negotiated separation from Yugoslavia. Montenegro had only separated from Serbia 9 years after our visit. They had renovated all their historical moments so it was looking really good. 

I backpack around Yugoslavia about 1990 when it was communist.

It was pretty scary but I stayed with friends relatives and they where so welcoming.

The idiots did a lot of damage in the war .

There was that bridge they Blew up and not to mention Dubrovnik .

• Like 1

Lots of people after NOVAX.

Obviously waiting for the Oz visa determination.

Serbia now investigating breach of iso rules for being interviewed and photographed while positive.

Spain investigating whether he illegally entered to practise on his way here. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Lots of people after NOVAX.

Obviously waiting for the Oz visa determination.

Serbia now investigating breach of iso rules for being interviewed and photographed while positive.

Spain investigating whether he illegally entered to practise on his way here. 

The Salt Mines await, lol.

are all the officials involved so tone deaf that they are missing the fact that they are letting a known anti vaxxer into Australia to participate in an event where unvaccinated people are not able to attend. 

Australians can't travel freely in their own country, international visitors are not welcome and Australians are still having trouble getting home. but that's okay let the tennis player in.

Unfortunately Canada would probably let the p***k in too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

are all the officials involved so tone deaf that they are missing the fact that they are letting a known anti vaxxer into Australia to participate in an event where unvaccinated people are not able to attend. 

Australians can't travel freely in their own country, international visitors are not welcome and Australians are still having trouble getting home. but that's okay let the tennis player in.

Unfortunately Canada would probably let the p***k in too.

He allegedly got in by allegedly making false declaration.  

Coles Lane Cove was completely out of tissues, eggs, regular cream. Only small packs of toilet paper were available. Low stocks of 1 litre milks but plenty of 2 litres. Low stocks of unsalted butter but plenty of salted butter. They had the bread Rolf likes but not the one I like. On the plus side I got a half leg of lamb, plus a lamb rack which I've been looking for over the last few weeks, and the last pack of our new favourite sausages (British Sausage Co Lincolnshire Pork). There were a couple of other things that we couldn't get due to personal preference on brands/flavours.

Tomorrow we tackle Woolworths.

We do have sufficient TP and paper towels but are getting very low on tissues. I think we forgot to restock one week just before Christmas and then the supply problems started., 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Our local shops were out of my favourite ice coffee for nearly a week, luckily they had some today

I prefer to make my own ice coffee  - a shot of espresso, three ice cubes. topped up with milk. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I prefer to make my own ice coffee  - a shot of espresso, three ice cubes. topped up with milk. 

similar for me, but I use a mug & the double shot capsules & sometimes have a shot of vanilla 😮