Now for something completely different

36 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure which company they are using but after the class action against one of the companies, all of the companies will be offering people options

From memory, I think it was Scenic that was sued because the passengers weren't given the option to cancel when the low river heights converted a boat cruise into a bus trip.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts. I have spoken with my sister this morning & they have accepted an offer from the company and the trip is re-scheduled to Oct 2023. Hopefully that will all work out for them. With that trip added in to their '23 schedule, the will be away for most of 2023 🙂 

On 7/20/2022 at 12:58 PM, NSWP said:

For you mob doing some far south coast travel in NSW the Bega cheese visitor Centre has reopened after a two year closure. Good opportunity to visit also for cruise ship pax at Eden.

cheese.jpg.98a97bf55c5e3207f04b50441fd2a0ca.jpg

Hi Les, we may get to visit Bega cheese in a few weeks. Our good friends from here are housesitting for their daughter in Merimbula & they’re invited us to join them. It will be around mid-August & we’ll try & visit Bateman’s Bay on that trip 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2022 at 12:58 PM, NSWP said:

For you mob doing some far south coast travel in NSW the Bega cheese visitor Centre has reopened after a two year closure. Good opportunity to visit also for cruise ship pax at Eden.

cheese.jpg.98a97bf55c5e3207f04b50441fd2a0ca.jpg

Hope the management's vastly improved.  Very sad and traumatic episode (for the victims).

3 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Hope the management's vastly improved.  Very sad and traumatic episode (for the victims).

I think it would have closed because of covid.   I am aware of the history re senior management.

I just this minute got back from lunch @ Raymonds with my daughter. Quite busy for the $13 special.  We were there at 11.45am and it was busy.🥢

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I think it would have closed because of covid.   I am aware of the history re senior management.

I think you're right, Les, about closure because of Covid.  The dreadful plague has affected so many businesses and livelihoods.  It'll be interesting to see what "the new normal" will eventually be, or if we simply return to life as it used to be.  Hope you've completely recovered.

4 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

I think you're right, Les, about closure because of Covid.  The dreadful plague has affected so many businesses and livelihoods.  It'll be interesting to see what "the new normal" will eventually be, or if we simply return to life as it used to be.  Hope you've completely recovered.

Linda, a lot of Covid going around down here. I am ok from my fall. Thank you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I just this minute got back from lunch @ Raymonds with my daughter. Quite busy for the $13 special.  We were there at 11.45am and it was busy.🥢

I missed the Raymonds paragraph.  Did you enjoy lunch?

• Like 1

Really???? Just read item re report on Aussie TV Channel 7 breakfast TV that due to the high cost of living and grocery prices Kiwis are eating snails and using water spray instead of toilet paper!! That's news to us. Actually, we have a rare  protected giant snail in the west coast of the South Island, maybe it provides enough escargot for a meal, hehehe 😜 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Really???? Just read item re report on Aussie TV Channel 7 breakfast TV that due to the high cost of living and grocery prices Kiwis are eating snails and using water spray instead of toilet paper!! That's news to us. Actually, we have a rare  protected giant snail in the west coast of the South Island, maybe it provides enough escargot for a meal, hehehe 😜 

I heard also due to high NZ petrol prices you Kiwis are riding 🐑 lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hmmmm, giant snail sauteed in butter and garlic? Can I have a nice pinot noir with that? 🤣

Escargot?  Exquisite.  Water spray?   Hygienic, and Greens and Teals would be forced to admit: more sustainable than paper waste.  We’ve always loved Kiwis and their beautiful land.  Never watch our breakfast tv.  It’s dismal.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:14 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hmmmm, giant snail sauteed in butter and garlic? Can I have a nice pinot noir with that? 🤣

I have eaten conch (deep fried, sauted and ceviched) which is a giant sea snail😆, personally I would pair it with Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc Semilion😋

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Also Sea cucumber

My grandmother use to cook sea cucumbers. On their own they are pretty much tasteless, their job was just to give something for the delicious sauce to hold on to😆. Though on Masterchef they did have someone who made sea cucumber chips🤯. Deep fried the crap out of them and they become like bubbly crackling. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

30 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

My grandmother use to cook sea cucumbers. On their own they are pretty much tasteless, their job was just to give something for the delicious sauce to hold on to😆

Same as chokos?😆

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Same as chokos?😆

I detest chokos., always have. Couple of houses down they have a million chokos growing in season, the friendly neighbour (I call her Choko Lady, lol) knocks on my door with a bucketful, I just take a few and give them to my daughter, her family likes them. Chokos are tasteless animals in my opinion.  Could they be the Australian National Vegetable? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I detest chokos., always have. Couple of houses down they have a million chokos growing in season, the friendly neighbour (I call her Choko Lady, lol) knocks on my door with a bucketful, I just take a few and give them to my daughter, her family likes them. Chokos are tasteless animals in my opinion.  Could they be the Australian National Vegetable? 

Agree. We never eat chokos. I can remember from many years ago being surprised when I met someone who had a choko farm. I didn't know chokos would be saleable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I hate them too. We had a choko vine on our back fence when I was a kid. The only thing I found good about them was I could get a bucket full and sell them door to door for threepence each to earn pocket money. This was in the days before kids got pocket money. Mum and dad would eat them - they were children of the depression. Mum, being a Sgt. cook in the WAAAFs could make excellent sauces but none of us kids (4) would touch them. Same with tripe.

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have eaten conch (deep fried, sauted and ceviched) which is a giant sea snail😆, personally I would pair it with Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc Semilion😋

Yes, conch needs a white wine but snails work well with pinot noir, although a good chardonnay would also pair well as escargot is a delicacy from the Burgundy region of France.

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Strange, I don't like choosing but I do like Chiko rolls.

Have you tried the opposition Marathon Spring Rolls?th.jpg.36fc1a0bb88e05838bdce59f4920e7ee.jpg

Edited by NSWP