Rumor has it, more cancellations may be announced soon

CineGraphic

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

it's already 'watered down' when you consider 'Princess Plus' prices for drinks and wifi - 

comped minutes - meh

mini bar setup - meh - will take home, I guess

laundry - OK, but wait 2-3 days ?

Part of the issue   is when everybody is elite...nobody is......

and agreed 2-3 days for laundry..... what the ?????    

Cheers Don

On 5/30/2020 at 10:12 AM, Roberto256 said:

I usually reserve Ignore for political zealots.   The political posts disappear pretty quickly, but why should I have to see them at all?

"On 5/30/2020 at 8:36 AM, PrincessLuver said:

Aloha.....I appreciate the understanding and it is amazing how the haters on CC are going to hate plus evidently they do not understand the concept that people may own more then one home......I find the Ignore Button very useful and it makes reading CC much more informative and useful for the people who post factual and relevant opinions.....great advice for people who feel harassed, bullied or put off by others on CC!!!!  "

*******************************************************************************************************************************

It's been pretty mean and crazy over on the RCCL boards lately, too.  I got to the point where I was contemplating putting 4 people in one day on my ignore list.  I decided to just remind them of the policies about treating people with politeness.  

Some posters just cannot stand to be wrong, and will split hairs endlessly to try and prove they are correct.  

PrincessLuver:  where you live, don't live, and for how long doesn't matter in the context of this thread's conversation.  The rest of us "get it" and understand you.  Stay safe, and I hope you get to see your family in the near future.

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

it's already 'watered down' when you consider 'Princess Plus' prices for drinks and wifi - 

comped minutes - meh

mini bar setup - meh - will take home, I guess

laundry - OK, but wait 2-3 days ?

I'm not sure what Princess Plus you are referring to, but my Princess Medallion reservation for next year says:

Complimentary Wi-Fi (one device per guest)

Princess Plus: All guests in stateroom receive offer. Offer is nontransferable/no cash value/expires at end of cruise/not combinable with select offers. Wi-Fi redeemed onboard; details delivered to stateroom. Minute-based connectivity guests receive 5,000-min voucher in lieu of unlimited Wi-Fi. Refer to princess.com for more info on MedallionNet-enabled ships (automatic Wi-Fi). Usage subject to Princess' standard policies.
Premier Beverage Package (ages 21+) not applicable during land portion of cruisetours. Includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails under USD 13. Daily limit of 15 drinks. Certain exclusions apply. Guests under 21 receive Premier Coffee & Soda Package. Package type assigned prior to sailing based on age. Gratuities based on pre-payment by Princess. Does not include gratuities for bar charges, dining room wine accounts or Lotus Spa. World Cruise, Grand Voyages and cruises at capacity excluded. Other exclusions may apply.

• Premier Beverage or Premier Coffee & Soda Package
• Complimentary shipboard gratuities

Gratuities for the beverage package are also included.

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I'm not sure what Princess Plus you are referring to, but my Princess Medallion reservation for next year says:

Complimentary Wi-Fi (one device per guest)

Princess Plus: All guests in stateroom receive offer. Offer is nontransferable/no cash value/expires at end of cruise/not combinable with select offers. Wi-Fi redeemed onboard; details delivered to stateroom. Minute-based connectivity guests receive 5,000-min voucher in lieu of unlimited Wi-Fi. Refer to princess.com for more info on MedallionNet-enabled ships (automatic Wi-Fi). Usage subject to Princess' standard policies.
Premier Beverage Package (ages 21+) not applicable during land portion of cruisetours. Includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails under USD 13. Daily limit of 15 drinks. Certain exclusions apply. Guests under 21 receive Premier Coffee & Soda Package. Package type assigned prior to sailing based on age. Gratuities based on pre-payment by Princess. Does not include gratuities for bar charges, dining room wine accounts or Lotus Spa. World Cruise, Grand Voyages and cruises at capacity excluded. Other exclusions may apply.

• Premier Beverage or Premier Coffee & Soda Package
• Complimentary shipboard gratuities

Gratuities for the beverage package are also included.

I see nothing here about mini bar or laundry. Those are elite benefits and are not included when you pay for Princess Plus.  And if you are not a drinker or heavy email user the program may not help you

23 minutes ago, memoak said:

I see nothing here about mini bar or laundry. Those are elite benefits and are not included when you pay for Princess Plus.  And if you are not a drinker or heavy email user the program may not help you

I must have misunderstood your post, then.  I thought you were referring to the PPlus including the mini bar and laundry.

What works so well for my husband and I with PPlus is the drink package includes soft drinks and my club soda/sparkling water during the day.  Laundry is not a problem for us, since our cabin is 6 doors down from the self-service laundry.  We have a hefty  store card coming from our Big Box travel agency, so that offsets any additional laundry or other onboard purchases.  We use the card to buy gas for the cars.

3 hours ago, memoak said:

What the poster meant was:

a) When you have the beverage package with Princess Plus, then the mini-bar you get as an elite passenger has no value, just like the platinum/elite Internet benefit has no meaning when you have purchased unlimited Internet.

b) With the min-bar and Internet elite benefits having no meaning, that mainly leaves free laundry as the main remaining significant elite benefit.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, caribill said:

What the poster meant was:

a) When you have the beverage package with Princess Plus, then the mini-bar you get as an elite passenger has no value, just like the platinum/elite Internet benefit has no meaning when you have purchased unlimited Internet.

b) With the min-bar and Internet elite benefits having no meaning, that mainly leaves free laundry as the main remaining significant elite benefit.

The minibar gives you options for in room drinks that you don’t have to pay for.  The drink package does not work for room service.  Totally different perk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

If it does end with bankruptcy I wonder if Princess will change/modify/revise the Captain's Circle Program.....they definitely could water it down or restructure it like the airlines did to their reward programs whenever they hit very difficult economic times.

It is really too easy to make different levels now.  Hopefully they would just use days sailed and not number of cruises because that would be more economically beneficial to Princess.

Thats the least of the worries.  "Loyalty" programs are designed to have the appearance of providing some benefit to those who have already crushed (or flown) by "offering" a perceived incentive.

The future is looking to be much different.  Altered itineraries do to port closures to cruise ships.  Social distancing necessitating  fewer passenger (and crew).  Higher prices to achieve even a small profit.  Likely more "nickel and dimming" for everything.  Fewer and smaller venues for entertainment.  Limited access to bars.  Etc.  These things and others will have a "natural selection" to reducing perceived value of any remaining loyalty programs.

28 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Thats the least of the worries.  "Loyalty" programs are designed to have the appearance of providing some benefit to those who have already crushed (or flown) by "offering" a perceived incentive.

The future is looking to be much different.  Altered itineraries do to port closures to cruise ships.  Social distancing necessitating  fewer passenger (and crew).  Higher prices to achieve even a small profit.  Likely more "nickel and dimming" for everything.  Fewer and smaller venues for entertainment.  Limited access to bars.  Etc.  These things and others will have a "natural selection" to reducing perceived value of any remaining loyalty programs.

I think you are spot on and I would not be against it either if Princess charged for shows too.

33 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I think you are spot on and I would not be against it either if Princess charged for shows too.

I would not like that. Don't think it's would be good marketing plan to turn the shows into a P&L center.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

Me too. I never go. So it wouldn’t bother me to have an up charge.

I’m even okay with charging for specialty lunch menus to avoid the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I wonder. According to Gary Bembridge, the newer more efficient ship have a breakeven point at about 30% capacity, while the older less efficient ships are about 50% to break even. So as I see it, they have a lot of room to limit capacity supporting whatever social distancing practices they put into place, and still maintain an opportunity to make a profit, albeit smaller. I believe it was he (although it might have been Don from Don's Family Vacations) that reported that at least one line had decided to entirely close two decks worth of cabins, which would reduce staffing requirements/cost.

It will be interesting to see how the economics of this dynamic play out over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Me too. I never go. So it wouldn’t bother me to have an up charge.

I’m even okay with charging for specialty lunch menus to avoid the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We hardly go because we do not what to get to a theater 45 minutes early just to save our seat which seems to be the norm on most Princess ships.

Charging for shows could allow them to cut theater seating at least in half for social distancing and also it would cause people not to waste time getting a seat.  Having a reserved seat would be something we would gladly  pay extra for during the whole cruise.

I am sure there are going to be a lot more upcharges to make cruises profitable.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WmFCoyote said:

I Thought that the subject of this thread was more cancellations may be announced soon. 

Yes I fear they will just keep rolling out,, before final payment dates.... with no peg in sand...

there is no date, thus no firm planing... just reviewing things weekly.....

while watching the money disappearing.

there are ideas , on what cruising may or may not be like, when ever it starts again...

along with that some will not be in business.... 

as well as what will be the demand...

We are living in uncertain times   Don 

Princess did have a few cruises listed for August, but I see they have now gone from their website.  I suspect the 15 that are listed for September will be disappearing shortly as well.   

5 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Thanks for sharing. That means our upcoming cruise is cancelled. 

Mine, too!  Another one bites the dust!!  

I'm just working on getting my money back, spending my gift cards (stupid purchase on my part) and my FCC and I'll probably just be done with Princess after that.  I'm so sick and tired of not waiting for my refunds ... yes, now I have 4 sailings canceled, while others with cruises way after mine have gotten their money back.   Do I blame them for canceling these cruises?  No!  Do I blame them for selling cruises that have no chance of sailing?  Well, somewhat!  Do I blame them for not refunding our money with any sort of transparency or process in place ... absolutely!!!   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Mine, too!  Another one bites the dust!!  

I'm just working on getting my money back, spending my gift cards (stupid purchase on my part) and my FCC and I'll probably just be done with Princess after that.  I'm so sick and tired of not waiting for my refunds ... yes, now I have 4 sailings canceled, while others with cruises way after mine have gotten their money back.   Do I blame them for canceling these cruises?  No!  Do I blame them for selling cruises that have no chance of sailing?  Well, somewhat!  Do I blame them for not refunding our money with any sort of transparency or process in place ... absolutely!!!   

I have 7 cancelled over 4 lines. Princess is the only one I am still waiting on and was the first one cancelled, with the earliest sail date. Very disappointing.

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I have 7 cancelled over 4 lines. Princess is the only one I am still waiting on and was the first one cancelled, with the earliest sail date. Very disappointing.

Very disappointing.  I see they are well into May on refunds ... I'm still waiting on my early April refund.  They've lost my trust!!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Very disappointing.  I see they are well into May on refunds ... I'm still waiting on my early April refund.  They've lost my trust!!  

Still waiting on April refund here.

• Like 1