Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, snichols23 said:

Webinair was very informative and wasn't too long. I always learn something on webinairs. 

Per my personal and unofficial tracking of PUPs. The first 5 pt. PUP was 10/2020. I have 14 @ 5 PUPs.

If only ALL PUPs opportunities were 50/5 points.... 🙂

Edited by Tharkhold
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, islandwoman said:

They are not free.  They cost time and sometimes aggravation.

Free as far as I'm concerned. Not for me on either counts. Sounds like a persnoal problem. Where did I say watched or listened to it? I didn't. 🙄

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Thank you for this information.

I am very happy to have this opportunity to earn 5 points as we inch our way towards Elite+!

I love Elite plus. Had lots of specialty teas and coffee from El bacio plus discounted pricing at sushi on 5. 

• Like 4

With regard to the CocoCay itineraries, there's only 8 Beyond stops (I think that is what "cool" Andrea said) and the others are on the older ship in need of a refresh.  Considering there are 3-4 ships that are new, I'm not sure this is a big drain on availability of other ititinaries or ships being used elsewhere.  If it wasn't CocoCay the ships would be stopping somewhere like one of the usual ports in Mexico, Nassau, or worse like Jamaica all ports where one is likely to be with ships that are Royal, NCL, Carnival, MSC etc.  CocoCay at least offers a superior beach day with water one can drink, some included food that is edible, and a clean restroom.  What's being lost, a bus ride to ruins or walk through the port maze of questionable vendors with trinkets that are actually made somewhere else, Effy and Diamond International stores?  Those are still available at other stops, onboard, or a different cruise.   Also, the ship won't require one to use a tender from a  shady beach club and it won't capsize, like the one leading to the death of a passenger.    

And, fwiw the CocoCay dates aren't ones of major US holidays. Presumably Royal has those dates fully booked with their ships.

One unrelated observation, the lack of actual knowledge of brand awareness by those on the webinar, the starkness of the backgrounds make some of the YouTubers like pros.  

Also, for the most part, the webinar was very similar to the one that was given to the trade and available in the celebrity commitment website about a week or so ago prior to the deployment schedule being released.  That had less interstitial pictures of the destinations.

Fully realize that every point and discount matters at some point, especially given the various ways celebrity and royal are jacking up prices. But I'm really at a loss to understand how one even realizes or knows if any of the promoted discounts are actually going to be applied at the time of use, or make the experience better. For example, there are sometimes discounts on the crease planner for laundry but then depending on the level of status one can get a discount on laundry. I have to imagine that it's all sort of a crapshoot. But, every potential bit helps.

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, islandwoman said:

You don't need to leave the US for that.

For that matter you don't need to be on a cruise ship.  Beaches, 5 star hotels,  shopping, shows and fine dining are available in many states in the USA.  But it is nice to have a opportunity to enjoy all of these amenities on a cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

19 hours ago, paulh84 said:

That's dramatic. There are 604 Caribbean cruises between today and the end of the 2026 cruises that are currently out. 70 out of them go to CocoCay - 11.5%. 46 of those 70 are 6 night or shorter cruises. You still have 162 Caribbean cruises 8 days or longer and 534 cruise choices that do not visit that stop. 

Also absent from the schedule so far are any 2026 cruises that call on Coco Cay. 

SHHH   Show people facts and hard data they will still disagree and think they are right.  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, paulh84 said:

That's dramatic. There are 604 Caribbean cruises between today and the end of the 2026 cruises that are currently out. 70 out of them go to CocoCay - 11.5%. 46 of those 70 are 6 night or shorter cruises. You still have 162 Caribbean cruises 8 days or longer and 534 cruise choices that do not visit that stop.

Thank your for you research. I now know how many cruises I have to choose from when I look at Celebrity cruises.  

On 6/10/2020 at 6:27 PM, terrydtx said:

Got my 20 power up points today, now if Celebrity would please fix their website.

I received this email directed to my husband at my email address. When I signed in I got the bad gateway notice. Went over to Chrome and got a not supported website love note. Watched it, but it was painfully buffeted.

We are not excited about Perfect Day, short itineraries, or most open jaws in Europe.  Currently on the Summit with the grand Sky lounge. Remembered how we spent so much time in Norway in the Crows Nest on HAL looking out front at the scenery. E Class can’t offer the same experience.

Oh well. Hope I get my points. Very short window considering the holidays.

Edited by 81Zoomie

6 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

My summary of the webinar: if the words exciting, awesome, amazing, incredible and cool were omitted the webinar would have lasted less than 1/3 the time. Thanks for the 5 Captains Club points though!

We beggars can't be picky. Can't remember last time there was something that rewarded 50 PUP's.  I too noticed the repetition of words.  

I am glad they are doing it.  Got an email today recapping some milestones reached this year.  Per the email almost 700k Captains Club members moved up one or more levels  and in many cases due to  PUP's.  

Thanks Celebrity!

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

My summary of the webinar: if the words exciting, awesome, amazing, incredible and cool were omitted the webinar would have lasted less than 1/3 the time. Thanks for the 5 Captains Club points though!

I also noticed that she only seems to go on the President's Cruise.  Maybe she should go on one of the 'regular' ones as I have noticed better amenities on the President's Cruise.  I also did not see many seniors at Coco Cay.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Really? I thought the whole presentation was awesome. Incredible even! Well, except for the gratuitous chit-chat.

On 12/20/2023 at 6:58 PM, lv2cruisgrl said:

Too long 

Agree.  The segments that actually contained cruise information were somewhat helpful, though when I actually did want to grab some specific information it went by too fast. No biggie, I can do online research with the best of 'em.  My issue is that far too much time was spent on one of the employee's life story and on asking about everyone's favorite destinations.  What someone did when they were a kid, or the favorite port of a cruise line employee, does not influence which cruises I take.  Please just give me the destination descriptions/pic and the juicy details on itineraries.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, keesar said:

I also noticed that she only seems to go on the President's Cruise.  Maybe she should go on one of the 'regular' ones as I have noticed better amenities on the President's Cruise.  I also did not see many seniors at Coco Cay.

She's just finished sailing on the first Edge cruise from Sydney to NZ and return.

I watched all 49 minutes of it in the wee hours on my iPad.  This is the first one I have received.  Maybe because I finally took a post-Covid Celebrity cruise in June.  I’m Elite but doubt I’ll ever get to Elite + u less they have some really good cruises from Port Canaveral, as I prefer to drive to the port.  And I like to sail many lines.  EM

On 12/21/2023 at 1:12 PM, snichols23 said:

Webinair was very informative and wasn't too long. I always learn something on webinairs. 

Well made it through despite being in th Caribbean cruising.   Looking for points next month.

Cheers and Merry Christmas from the BVI

8 minutes ago, Steve2024 said:

Has anyone received their points yet?  I watched it twice to make sure I got it.  I am hoping to get the points prior to January 14.

They'll show right around January 14.  Usually not before.