What CRUISING is like today.

Oxo

While I think the idea of a rapid test is a good idea, the antigen tests we currently use aren't always as reliable as the PCR tests.  Our governor in Ohio is a prime example.  He was tested with an antigen test when the President was the state and the test came back positive. 

Subsequent PCR tests have come back negative, so using an antigen test to determine if a person can or can't board a ship could be problematic - people who aren't ill could be denied boarding and someone who is ill could board.

This would make me think twice. If they lowered prices on ship excursions, well okay. But I guarantee they won't and price is the #1 reason we usually book independent tours. So we'll have to cross that bridge if/when we come to it next year and decide if we want to wait until 2022 to sail.  Or sail at all.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, loman said:

I think i will wait a couple of years until things settle down .

This is what I'm going to do.

I really miss cruising but I'm not going to even look at cruises or consider them until at least 2022.

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

This is what I'm going to do.

I really miss cruising but I'm not going to even look at cruises or consider them until at least 2022.

It is what it is.

I have done a L/S for three of my five booked 2021 cruises to 2022. 

Waiting to decide about my fourth for July 2021 and 5th Oct 2021 as

both of these itineraries for 2022 aren't out yet.

Simi Valley ??

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I have done a L/S for three of my five booked 2021 cruises to 2022. 

Waiting to decide about my fourth for July 2021 and 5th Oct 2021 as

both of these itineraries for 2022 aren't out yet.

Simi Valley ??

That's good you you did that, much better chance in 2022.

Yes, it's about 45 minutes north of Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

That's good you you did that, much better chance in 2022.

Yes, it's about 45 minutes north of Los Angeles.

Thanks !

Yes, I know where Simi Valley is...have been here for over 35 years :classic_wink:

19 hours ago, shutterbug63 said:

This would make me think twice. If they lowered prices on ship excursions, well okay. But I guarantee they won't and price is the #1 reason we usually book independent tours. So we'll have to cross that bridge if/when we come to it next year and decide if we want to wait until 2022 to sail.  Or sail at all.

Its not just the high price of ship excursions, often we just get off and wander around a port - if even that's not allowed it will be mighty expensive to have to pay for a ship excursion for each and every port......or not get off the ship  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Its not just the high price of ship excursions, often we just get off and wander around a port - if even that's not allowed it will be mighty expensive to have to pay for a ship excursion for each and every port......or not get off the ship  

I agree. After many visits to some islands we like to just get off the ship and walk around the port area. I am not interested in spending money on tours that I don't want to do and I also don't want to be confined to the ship.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks !

Yes, I know where Simi Valley is...have been here for over 35 years :classic_wink:

We moved here from the valley when I was a kid in the mid 70's. I'm now living in the same house since last year when my dad passed.

Wow, it's such a small world. 

12 hours ago, tonit964 said:

We moved here from the valley when I was a kid in the mid 70's. I'm now living in the same house since last year when my dad passed.

Wow, it's such a small world. 

I too grew up in the valley (Canoga Park)...started coming out here to see friends in the mid 60's. Bought my first home here in the late 60's....moved to La Canada for awhile got married and came back in the early 80's...Yes it's a small world :classic_wink:

• Like 1