The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

Hm. Is it the plague cemetery (Aitre Saint-Maclou) in Rouen? Seine River.

If so, when we tried to visit in 2018, there were extensive renovations going on so we could not see these details.

Edited by jpalbny

It was interesting though I was disappointed that it was under construction.

Actually all of Rouen fascinated me. The age of the city really stood out and Normandy is so different from other parts of France. And it also seemed that they spoke a little slower and thus I could understand more. I had a long conversation with a guy in the cathedral who was telling me how lucky we were to be there on this particular weekend because museums were free, and so many exhibits were open that usually were not. Would love to go back and spend more time there.

Anyway. Sorry for the delay posting. I had to run around nonstop today at work because I'm off for the next 2+ weeks. Lots of loose ends to tie up. Here is a picture of a beautiful place to relax. Name the location, city and river too.

15021429_CCPic38.thumb.jpg.e344d2ba27dd48ffa52d92cbd0423fce.jpg

• Like 1

Not the Rhine

It's a nice oasis, just outside of a city where river cruises are frequent. Easily reachable by public transportation. They serve a beverage very typical of this region, of which I will share a photo as a hint if more clues are needed. 

4 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

I’m partial to Frankfurt 

I think you are right. Look at JP's "SmugMug" , the uncropped version is there. I would give the full answer but I have no picture to post at this time.

Theo 

Lohrpark it is! We escaped here via a tiny bus that ran every 45 minutes or so. Just enough time to enjoy a glass of Apfelwein and catch the next one back to the city. Love the diamond pattern on the wine glasses.

Frankfurt-72.thumb.jpg.96b6975335040dbfea94ec5e2530e45e.jpg

Your turn, or a wild card if you'd like. 

9 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Lohrpark it is! We escaped here via a tiny bus that ran every 45 minutes or so. Just enough time to enjoy a glass of Apfelwein and catch the next one back to the city. Love the diamond pattern on the wine glasses.

Frankfurt-72.thumb.jpg.96b6975335040dbfea94ec5e2530e45e.jpg

Wine glasses, huh?  Just right for the bartender's standard 16 oz pour!!!  🤣

• Haha 1

@dogs4fun Well done. I thought of Frankfurt last night but it was too late for me to post. I am off to work now as well so would not have time for photo or giving clues.

Frankfurt has some nice spots and JP has done it again - taking us out of the agglomeration of a city to look onto it. 🙂 Lohrberg looks attractive, not been there myself either.

notamermaid

• Thanks 1

Apfelwein (Ebbelwoi) that we had in Frankfurt was not too strong. More comparable to beer in terms of the alcohol level. So yes, an 0.3 or 0.5L serving is a good start. 😄

It was really not bad to get to Lohrberg. I had downloaded the public transport app so once you find your stop, the app tells you how to get there. I think we took a tram out to the edge of town somewhere to catch the bus. But the bus was funny - it wasn't your typical city bus. It was about half the size. Guess the route isn't popular enough to merit a full-sized bus, or maybe the streets around the park are small. Since the bus had to enter the park to turn around, maybe that's why it was a small one.

And don't give me all the credit. Chris finds all of these nice places to go. I just get us there.

It would be difficult to be farther from the actual location in Europe. Go west.

It’s on a river, but not one served by river cruise lines (at least to my knowledge). 

Edited by CPT Trips
Clarification