Will U.S. Passengers Comply with the Covid Requirements On Board?

Smokeyham

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

No stores in my area have signs that mention "medically able", including national chains. They all have signs that say "masks mandatory" and they advise you that if you aren't medically able to wear a mask that drive through and delivery options are available. 

I've seen that at the local Walmart, I do believe you would have to categorize them as a national chain.

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Did you ever think that the stores are using this as a merchandising gimmick.  Instead of going directly to the spot where you know that the stuff that you want is,  they try to force you to walk down  a whole bunch of aisles so you end up buying stuff that you don't need.  You have the right idea.  Either ignore the 1 way aisles or don't some back.

DON

Actually my first thought but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and just labeled them ignorant.

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

No, in our area it was a government generated restriction.  Thankfully it's no longer in effect.

Yes, it was possibly a restriction (here it was only a suggestion) but that does not mean they did not manipulate it so that people needed to wander the entire store. The arrows are now gone in most places.

44 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Wowzee,

extreme much?

What do you suggest as solution/options?

Actually they were repeating the long term quarantine suggestion by other posters. This poster was not the extreme one.

Edited by 2wheelin
Delete double line

6 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

No, I am the one in the middle ground. I go out—to the store, to a restaurant, to the liquor store, to church. I don’t go to a bar which does not enforce distancing, or to protest marches, or to a wedding without masks. I did just fly across the country—perfectly safely. I just have a problem with those who justify everything they do but disparage others for their choices which may be just as safe. Even up to 10% of people not wearing masks—provided they are not coughing directly on others—is safe—IMO which is backed by common sense.

There is more to exposure than passing within 6 ft of someone without a mask, even if they are infected.

I wear a mask when required and distance when possible but I believe there is more resistance because of all the “stupid” rules made to dumb down the regulations so no one has to think. For instance, there is no reason to have one way aisles in stores. You just pass by the other shopper and continue on. No exposure. One way aisles only serve to keep you in the store longer by the need to traverse more aisles to get where you want. One of our local stores in the beginning made it so you had to cover the entire store to get through. You could only turn one way at the end of each aisle. I never went back.

Those one way arrows have been dropped here in the local Walmart, but are still there in the Shoprite and Aldis supermarkets.

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I've seen that at the local Walmart, I do believe you would have to categorize them as a national chain.

I don’t go to Walmart so I don’t know what their signs say. Walgreens, Home Depot, Kroger, and all the restaurants brands (Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings) just say ‘mask required’. I don’t know if they vary their signs based on region based on local regulations. But they are absolutely correct when they say not to come in without a mask and there are options to get whatever you need without coming in the store if you feel like you can’t or won’t wear one. And I personally don’t go in the stores any more. My state is spiking badly, my county is turning from red to purple, and the stores done enforce the mask rules. So I choose not to go in anymore because of this, when it’s really people who won’t follow the rules that should be choosing not to go in.

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

Here is a new dirty little secret about Covid-19 and Hospitals.   I have confirmed this with both Doctors and Nurses. Due to a shortage in healthcare professionals, if a Doctor or Nurse tests positive for Covid-19, they WILL continue to work and provide medical care, as long as they don't have symptoms.  Asystematic medical professionals, who test positive for Covid-19 will continue to treat patients.  And those medical professionals who test positive will not have to tell you of their diagnosis.

That has been on the news here as well. Yet college students who are trying to get an education are quarantined 14 days if asymptomatic positive. It’s only 10 days or 72 hours after cessation of symptoms for a symptomatic positive case. This ridiculousness is why so many are rebelling any regulations.

I am on a balcony overlooking a golf course and there is a person on a riding lawnmower—the only person on the 18 hole course—and wearing a mask. 

12 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I don’t go to Walmart so I don’t know what their signs say. Walgreens, Home Depot, Kroger, and all the restaurants brands (Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings) just say ‘mask required’. I don’t know if they vary their signs based on region based on local regulations. But they are absolutely correct when they say not to come in without a mask and there are options to get whatever you need without coming in the store if you feel like you can’t or won’t wear one. And I personally don’t go in the stores any more. My state is spiking badly, my county is turning from red to purple, and the stores done enforce the mask rules. So I choose not to go in anymore because of this, when it’s really people who won’t follow the rules that should be choosing not to go in.

And it is one thing to have the signs, and quite another to enforce them. I actually earlier this week saw someone in the local Walmart whose face covering was her right hand.😢

38 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Their being a national chain should not matter - the mask requirement is a local option - and it would make sense for Walmart - or any chain - to go all night with local laws/regulations.

2 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Many places of  business have posted signs on their entry doors,     " No mask/ face covering:  No service"

'DO NOT enter without wearing  a mask or face covering."

And many liberty  / freedom believers think they are strong, brave, and protectors of liberty and thus have the right to ignore those posted signs or rules in private establishments, how sad and low some minority extremist have been brainwashed to believe.

• Like 1

It's good for those of you who are lucky enough to live in a place where mask wearing and distancing is enforced to hear what is going on in the rest of the country.  That way, you won't be so surprised when you see the lack of mask compliance on your first cruise.

3 minutes ago, jtwind said:

Maybe we'll all get lucky and one of the cruise lines will offer cruises on which pre-tests, masks, distancing, and hand sanitizing aren't required.  Put the whole crew in bunny suits and let 'er rip!

No thanks.  I think I'll avoid a "furry" charter for now.  :classic_tongue::classic_wink:

1 minute ago, jtwind said:

Maybe we'll all get lucky and one of the cruise lines will offer cruises on which pre-tests, masks, distancing, and hand sanitizing aren't required.  Put the whole crew in bunny suits and let 'er rip!

Funny you should make your comment about bunny suits especially as Halloween is coming up.  I used to work in a lab where I had to wear a bunny suit and breathing protection whenever I was actually in the lab.  One year, I brought 2 sets of protective gear home w me and the kids wore them as their Halloween costume.  Can you imagine the reaction is they wore something like that today.

DON

5 minutes ago, iancal said:

My best guess is that anyone who has traveled internationally extensively will agree, from experience, that 90 percent compliance by US citizens will not be achievable.  

I think that is true of the world, not just specifically Americans. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

You only have to look at what's happening in Europe right now.

When it comes to rule compliance,  no one can outdo Japan. Japanese citizens have law and order ingrained in their DNA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Their being a national chain should not matter - the mask requirement is a local option - and it would make sense for Walmart - or any chain - to go all night with local laws/regulations.

I was answering post #172 that said they had not seen medically able at a national chain.

19 hours ago, chipmaster said:

And many liberty  / freedom believers think they are strong, brave, and protectors of liberty and thus have the right to ignore those posted signs or rules in private establishments, how sad and low some minority extremist have been brainwashed to believe.

Iam happy to say that type of extremism is not welcomed by  those whom I  welcome.   It does no one any good IMO  to present it as an  option.  Unlike governmental locations, prvate businesses hve the rightt o set their  rules.  It is not discriminatroy to set what most consider to be reasonable rules and to enforce them.  Make them known and known they will be enforced

JMO

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

There seems to be a problematic trend with most western cultures where freedom/liberty and selfishness becomes blurred versus sacrifice for the larger society of many eastern cultures 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

There seems to be a problematic trend with most western cultures where freedom/liberty and selfishness becomes blurred versus sacrifice for the larger society of many eastern cultures 

There doesn't seem to be any recognition of externalities.  For example, my 'freedom' to smoke exposes you to increased risk, my 'freedom' to drive drunk does the same.  Masks are worn not so much to protect the wearer as to protect others from increased risk.  If nothing else, it's just good manners.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Agreed - and selfishness is the problem:  the unthinking can only focus on his freedom and liberty - without being able to comprehend that the other man’s freedom and liberty often require his recognition and respect.

How many times have you heard a person say : “I know my obligations”?  

Rights, yes - obligations, not so much.

We should not have to subject individual rights to the interests of “the larger society” - western culture offers the golden rule —- but if  too few adhere to it, it might be replaced by submersion in that “larger society”.

9 hours ago, chipmaster said:

That’s an extremely biased and ridiculous statement. Unlike you, I know that selfishness and stupidity has no borders. 

• Like 3

On 10/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, Cruzaholic41 said:

In many circles this statement could almost be considered blasphemy!

9 hours ago, chipmaster said:

True in part.  I think the baby boomers (of which I am one) overall did a horrendous job in maintaining traditional values of sacrifice and discipline.  Baby Boomers created the "Me Generation," so is it any surprise that self-centered behavior rules the day?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_generation

All cultures have admirable traits.  They all have issues as well.  The nation were you took your previous profile picture certainly has some cultural norm issues ranging from locking up minorities in camps to deliberately putting melamine in baby formula. 

Edited by SelectSys

9 hours ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

That’s an extremely biased and ridiculous statement. Unlike you, I know that selfishness and stupidity has no borders. 

Well, there are some countries which have had significantly better success in controlling contagion - which requires limiting some of the effects of selfishness and stupidity — and those countries have borders.

• Like 1