Reactions to Pfizer Vaccine in Juneau

donaldsc

1 minute ago, keywest1 said:

I had my doctor appt this morning.  He advised me to take the vaccine since there are no common ingredients between IVP dye and the vaccine.  He does recommend to all his staff and patients that they wait in their car 20 to 30 minutes after receiving the injection just to be sure they are not going have a severe reaction.  He views the risks as extremely low and less likely than a serious complication from Covid19.  Just my experience, but I am delighted to be able to receive the vaccine when my turn comes.

And I'm delighted that you did the very smart thing and asked your doctor. And further delighted that you've shared this info here. Taking medical advice from unknown (mostly) lay people isn't something I'm going to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clo said:

And I'm delighted that you did the very smart thing and asked your doctor. And further delighted that you've shared this info here. Taking medical advice from unknown (mostly) lay people isn't something I'm going to do.

I agree.  Anyone who has a concern should definitely speak with their own doctor.  At the end of the day, we will all just have to weigh the information and make the decision that we feel is right for ourselves.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, rkacruiser said:

I have no concern about the vaccines.  I will attempt to get them when my doctor tells me to do so.  Not until then.  

I saw my Oncologist Dec.28 and he suggested that I take the vaccine which I will be doing on Wednesday.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, rkacruiser said:

I have no concern about the vaccines.  I will attempt to get them when my doctor tells me to do so.  Not until then.  

For what it’s worth, I’ve had the first Pfizer shot in my arm for about a week now. No side effects at all. Arm was a little more sore than a flu shot though for the remainder of that day. 

• Thanks 2

I personally know no less that a dozen people who have had the PZ and/or Moderna vaccine. The first 5 had PZ and the 2nd dose as well. The rest, the Moderna. Not one has had a reaction other than a little soreness at the injection site. The site makes you wait 15 and I didn’t witness anyone with a reaction. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 2:51 PM, donaldsc said:

Two of the people who received the Pfizer vaccine in Juneau AK had a reaction.  One who had no prior history of any allergies was a serious reaction that required a quick epinephrine shot and overnight hospitalization.  This is different from the 2 cases in England where the people who had reactions had a prior history of allergies.  I looked up how many doses of vaccine Juneau was expecting to receive and it was only 975 doses.  Seems like this is a lot of reactions to only 1000 injections when we have not heard of reactions at any other place.  

Couple of thoughts

1) Was there a problem with that specific batch of vaccine and if this was the cause, why wasn't the problem found in the manufacturing QC.

2) If there are more bad batches of vaccine out there, how many more clusters of bad reactions will occur?

3) If the person who had to be hospitalized lived in one of the smaller isolated towns in AK, would they have survived.

4) Should the protocol for vaccine injections be changed to require that the injection venue must be required to have the ability to deal with anaphylactic shock.  This may preclude giving the vaccine at drug stores as currently planned.  

5) Why wasn't this caught in the trials.

6) Why hasn't this cluster of vaccine reactions occurred elsewhere.  

I don't have answers to any of these questions but it sure makes one wonder.  Maybe Operation Warp Speed should be renamed Operation Too Fast.

DON

A late follow-up to my initial post.  My vaccination is scheduled for next week.

DON

• Like 1

My eyes and throat swelled almost completely shut from using cetaphil face cream, which is one of the most basic creams in existence. Anyone can react to anything. This does not deter me from vaccination. At least I will be in the hands of medical professionals and not home alone if it happens.

4 hours ago, sydbarrett said:

My eyes and throat swelled almost completely shut from using cetaphil face cream, which is one of the most basic creams in existence. Anyone can react to anything. This does not deter me from vaccination. At least I will be in the hands of medical professionals and not home alone if it happens.

Anybody can be allergic to anything, and not know it until the reaction occurs. When asked if I have allergies, I always reply "Not that I know of." DW once broke out on a cruise. It was not that long after she had dental surgery, and it turned out she was allergic to the antibiotic that was prescribed for her. (It was handled very well be the doctor on the cruise.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Received my Pfizer shot yesterday - now feeling just a very mild dull ache at the spot - actually less noticeable than what I get after every flu shot.

We had ours yesterday- Oxford astrazeneca- and neither of us has noticed anything except the mildest ache at the spot. A friend felt that her arm appeared to have done some heavy gardening, but I've not heard of any other problems with friends and neighbours, either with the Oxford jab or the Pfizer. 

My Son in law, who is an RN has received both jabs. The first once just caused some minor soreness at the injection site.

The second jab made him extremely fatigued and run down. Had to go home from work. Lasted less than 24 hours

DH and I received our first doses of the Pfizer vaccine this morning.  I was very impressed to be handed handed a 2 sided paper that gave instructions on how to sign up for v-safe, "a smartphone-based tools that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination.  Through v-safe you can quickly tell CDC if you have any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine.  Depending on your answers someone from CDC may call to check in on you."

V-safe sends a text message each day during the first week after receiving the vaccine to see you you are doing.  Then once a week up to 5 weeks.  After the second dose the 6 week process begins again followed by contact at 3, 6, and 12 months after the final dose of the vaccine.

We are pleased to be contributing to the data collection on both the efficacy and potential side effects of the vaccine.

• Thanks 1

I had the vaccine January 13 and had a really bad headache.Eleven days later I still have a headache.

My blood pressure which has always been 120/70 or very close to that spiked up to 220/100 on Tuesday .I spent 4 hours in the ER and am now for the first time on BP medication.

High BP is not a side effect of the vaccine but headaches are and headaches can cause high BP.

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had the vaccine January 13 and had a really bad headache.Eleven days later I still have a headache.

My blood pressure which has always been 120/70 or very close to that spiked up to 220/100 on Tuesday .I spent 4 hours in the ER and am now for the first time on BP medication.

High BP is not a side effect of the vaccine but headaches are and headaches can cause high BP.

I don't know that you can attribute this to the vaccine. Didn't you have a similar unexplained BP spike in October?

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you followed up with your MD?  Regardless of cause, 10 or so days with a headache is worth checking out.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Have you followed up with your MD?  Regardless of cause, 10 or so days with a headache is worth checking out.

Hopefully he's okay as he hasn't replied to these questions.

FWIW we got the Pfizer one yesterday and not a single problem. I only know I got a shot if I run my hand over the site. Easy peasy...for us anyway.

9 hours ago, donaldsc said:

So true.  Check out this site that shows a whole bunch of strange and worthless correlations - http://tylervigen.com/view_correlation?id=28652

DON

When merchandise becomes more gross it stands to reason that pedestrians will kill more motorcyclists 😵

• Haha 1