Let's speculate: Europe 2021 Cruises

HALrunner

1 hour ago, Papadog said:

Hello, 

I have noticed reading this, that someone mentioned an active roll call, I found no roll call, and actually stated one today!, could you please tell me

where to find this.

thank you

Lucille

What is the date and ship for your cruise?  We have to know that information to help you.

20 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I may not be a cruise ship, but at this point I wouldn’t mind ending up on a beach in Turkey. 😏

This is our tentative plan.  Turkey, Greece, and perhaps Cyprus.  

We do not expect cruises to be operating.  Even if they are we plan to pass.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Papadog said:

Hello, 

I have noticed reading this, that someone mentioned an active roll call, I found no roll call, and actually stated one today!, could you please tell me

where to find this.

thank you

Lucille

It is here (there is an old listing for the Rotterdam that was sold - this one is called Rotterdam VII) :  

Just to get back on the original thread track...........

Looking at the HAL website over the weekend it appears to have been updated and all the cancelled cruises have been removed.

Initial cruises in Europe are now May 2nd for Nieuw Statendam and June 19th for Volendam and Westerdam, but there are no East bound Trans Atlantics listed! Are HAL planning to send the ships to Europe empty, or will they rearrange itineraries to the vessels which are currently in European/UK waters?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Just to get back on the original thread track...........

Looking at the HAL website over the weekend it appears to have been updated and all the cancelled cruises have been removed.

Initial cruises in Europe are now May 2nd for Nieuw Statendam and June 19th for Volendam and Westerdam, but there are no East bound Trans Atlantics listed! Are HAL planning to send the ships to Europe empty, or will they rearrange itineraries to the vessels which are currently in European/UK waters?

some of the ships are already close to Europe.  As of today:

At Torquay:
Eurodam
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

In the "FWIW" Department, I logged in the HAL.com and requested cancellation and refunds for the excursions in my cancelled May 2021 Mediterranean cruise on the Westerdam. I cancelled them on Thursday and the refund credits were in my credit card account today (Monday).

• Like 2

Arnold Donald was on CNBC a few minutes ago. He stated that they hope to begin cruising again by the end of this year. In addition, he stated that no decision had been made requiring quests to be vaccinated in order to cruise. 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/01/11/we-have-robust-pent-up-demand-for-cruises-says-carnival-corp-ceo.html

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Arnold Donald was on CNBC a few minutes ago. He stated that they hope to begin cruising again by the end of this year. In addition, he stated that no decision had been made requiring quests to be vaccinated in order to cruise. 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/01/11/we-have-robust-pent-up-demand-for-cruises-says-carnival-corp-ceo.html

Thank you for sharing that. I have all but eliminated our summer Med cruise from my mind. Fall cruises may happen. At this point, I think I’m just gonna hope for and plan a Christmas cruise. 

40 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Well hopefully Arnold Donald will read this thread and see we will not be cruising on a line that does not require that everyone on board be vaccinated.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Thanks for sharing the video

33 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Thank you for sharing that. I have all but eliminated our summer Med cruise from my mind. Fall cruises may happen. At this point, I think I’m just gonna hope for and plan a Christmas cruise. 

Yea we have a mid September cruises that I have pretty much written off in my mind.  At this point, even if they sail I believe the restrictions will be such that we would opt out.  We erroneously believed we would have a robust vaccine rollout not the trickle we are seeing.  But it’s not like they had nine months to plan 🙄🙄🙄.

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Yea we have a mid September cruises that I have pretty much written off in my mind.  At this point, even if they sail I believe the restrictions will be such that we would opt out.  We erroneously believed we would have a robust vaccine rollout not the trickle we are seeing.  But it’s not like they had nine months to plan 🙄🙄🙄.

NINE MONTHS, you could have a baby in that amount of time.🤣

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 4:17 PM, Papadog said:

Hello, 

where to find this.

thank you

Lucille

I think the TA Roll Call you are looking for is under the heading Rotterdam VII.  You posted on the OLD Rotterdam heading.  That ship got sold and is not running under the HAL name.  I saw you opened a new thread under that heading.  Here is a link to the first page for the Rotterdam TA Oct 20, 2021.  At present it is a 45 page thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2757354-rotterdam-ta-oct-20-2021/

Edited by rajkr74

This morning Celebrity cancelled all summer 2021 cruises on the Constellation and Edge in Europe. This included our September 6 Greek cruise on the Constellation. We have rebooked a 12 night cruise from Athens on the HAL Westerdam leaving September 24th of this year.  Do any of you have any insight as whether this cruise will be cancelled by HAL?  We have already had 3 Greek cruises cancelled in 2020 and 2021, one on Viking and two on Celebrity.

25 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We have rebooked a 12 night cruise from Athens on the HAL Westerdam leaving September 24th of this year.

We are on that cruise plus through the TA in November.  I'm watching for possible itinerary changes and possibly even change of ship, but unless there's just no European season at all, I expect (and hope) this will go. Maybe @AtlantaCruiser72has some insight? 

Edited by Cruising-along

No one really knows.  Best guess on our mid September Black Sea / Greek Isle cruise is it either won’t go or if it does it will be wrapped up so tight with protocols (like ship excursions only to get off the ship) that we won’t go.  We have until mid-May to pull the plug with out penalty.