What’s the longest cruise you e been on?

CruzerDeb

Longest consecutive cruise on a single ship was Oosterdam in 2009, San Diego to Rome.  32 days.  Second longest on one ship was Star Princess  inaugural cruise, Singapore to LA 26 days.  24 days from Venice on Nieuw Amsterdam.  Longest cruise vacation was Infinity San Diego to Harwich, 27 days, then 2 days London, 4 days on Queen Victoria, to Venice for three days and Silhouette 12 days in the Med.  Then home.  Don't remember how many total days.  EM

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Longest consecutive cruise on a single ship was Oosterdam in 2009, San Diego to Rome.  32 days.  Second longest on one ship was Star Princess  inaugural cruise, Singapore to LA 26 days.  24 days from Venice on Nieuw Amsterdam.  Longest cruise vacation was Infinity San Diego to Harwich, 27 days, then 2 days London, 4 days on Queen Victoria, to Venice for three days and Silhouette 12 days in the Med.  Then home.  Don't remember how many total days.  EM

That sounds heavenly!

Spent 63 days last winter floating around the southern Caribbean on the same ship. Got off Mar. 13th just before the ship hit the fan. So far have 40 days booked on the Enchanted starting next January and we'll see if it goes.  Just escaping winter.

• Like 3

Spent 65 consecutive on the Ocean Princess going around South America, round trip out of Miami believe it or not. It was her last voyage as a Princess ship. It was one of those cruises where about half way through you started referring to your cabin as 'home'.

Would love to do a full World Cruise but the stars and planets haven't aligned properly.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 2

Our longest to date was 28 days. LA/Hilo/Honolulu/Maui/Kauai/Kona/Pago Pago/Bora Bora/Tahiti/Moorea/LA.  We did a "combo" cruise where we flew to England, cruised 12 days to Norway and back, flew to Barcelona where we spent 4 days, and then cruised 14 days to Florida.

We were booked for a B2B 7 day Caribbean followed by 18 an day TA to Iceland, Scotland, and Ireland and ending up in England but it was cancelled due to COVID. We were also booked for 33 days B2B2B down under but it was cancelled due to COVID. We're currently booked for 26 days down under January 2022 but I don't really count on that one happening either.  We really don't have any interest in the World Cruise. Too dang long. We want cruises of 10 days or more but that 111 day trip sounds like too much for us.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

Back in 2004 when we took our first cruise longer than 7 days (14 days) we had a wonderful cruise critic group.  Some people were retired and going on later cruises that were about 28 days or so long.  I couldn't imagine it!!  Sounded way too long.  In 2015 after I was retired we did a TA along with 13 day British Isles.  Total cruising was 26 days.  Loved it.  Since then have taken two other cruises that were 28 days total.  Some people don't like long cruises while others do.  We do 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

So, please share your long Cruise experience!

Well, the longest, single, cruise was a 28 night Hawaii, Tahiti cruise.  

But we tend to take longer cruises anyway.  Even combining shorter ones to make them longer.  We did a 10 Med cruise B2B with a 14 night trans Atlantic for a total of 24 nights.  We even did a 4 night Bahamas, coupled with two 7 night Caribbean (Western & Eastern) B2B for a total of 18 nights.  Also did a 24 night B2B river cruise Bucharest to Budapest/Budapest to Cologne.  Plus a 21 night Panama Canal cruise.

• Like 1

Our longest was a 31 day cruise on the Crown Princess from Los Angeles to Rio de Janiero.  The hardest part of the trip was the packing since temperatures varied from over 100 degrees in Rio to winter cold and winds in Tierra del Fuego.  My sister and brother-in-law came with us and we had a great time.  We even tacked on 2 extra days in Rio and 3 at Iguassu Falls.

We're thinking of a World Cruise (or maybe just a couple of sections of one) in 2023 spending all the money we will not have spent for 2 1/2 years not cruising (our last cruise was January 2020 and our only planned cruise is July 2022).

• Like 1

47 days on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas -- from Port Canaveral, full South America around the horn, to Los Angeles -- in infamous corner aft cabin 1688*.  (52-day trip including land pre-cruise in Florida.)

Maybe some day I'll be able to do a longer Princess full South America around-the-horn itinerary.

• 826328206_Itinerary-Mariner-1-4-2009__v3_w_PreCruiseupdated2008-12-11.thumb.jpg.ce67303c41a66dd6e8aa1766bd794953.jpg
  • *Cabin photos (not mine):

-----

Itinerary-Mariner-1-4-2009__v3_w_PreCruise updated 2008-12-11.pdf

• Like 1

10 hours ago, donswife said:

My longest was 10 days partial Panama Canal, and I was thankful to get DH on for that long...thanks to window suite on the Caribbean Princess.

Our longest was also 10 days, Baltic cruise on the Star Princess for our 30th anniversary.

• Like 1

30 days, Emerald Princess, Around the Horn, it was great.  I have several 25, 26 day cruises, too.  I don't take short cruises, short to me is 14 days.  

I would like to do 45 or 60 days in the future depending on the ship.  I see Island is doing a world cruise, I need the International Cafe! 🙂 

• Like 1

51 day Tales of the South Pacific(RT San Diego), October 28-Dec 18, 2019, Holland America.  We had perfect weather, and best cuisine/service of all our cruises.    This was a bucket list cruise for me, and I am very grateful we got to take it.   Cruising may never be the same.

• Like 2