Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

12 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I just wish #3 had ALSO said BECAUSE I dont want to wear a mask on vacation

Thanks for your suggestion.  I was trying to keep the focus regarding the vaccine being a requirement.  Wearing a mask is another topic for which people have an opinion and for which there are science studies on. 

I think RCI will definitely have restrictions in place whenever they start back up in the USA.  Hopefully, we can at least avoid wearing a mask on our balcony. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now that is a perfectly rational point of view that I would never argue with. I do take issue with people presenting the unknown as fact.

And the answer to your question is family medicine.

Thanks for being there for others!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, atgood said:

Thanks for your suggestion.  I was trying to keep the focus regarding the vaccine being a requirement.  Wearing a mask is another topic for which people have an opinion 

I was trying not to be long winded but..... I meant, I voted for #3 because no one should be exposed to covid If not vaccinated

especially while trying to relax on vacation

I haven't left my 20 mile radius in a year, haven't celebrated Any holidays , ALL in hopes of ending this pandemic. I never leave my house without a mask but being early 50's I am not able to get the vaccine YET,

but if RCL would REQUIRE VACCINES  and maybe this nightmare would be over

Edited by newcruzer2
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I was trying not to be long winded but..... I meant, I voted for #3 because no one should be exposed to covid If not vaccinated

I hear you.  Everyone’s comfort level is different for various reasons, especially one year later with different experiences.  

I’ve had friends and family members get it.  One got gravely ill and had to be hospitalized, but did recover.  My DW was in close contact for a full day the day before the person who ended up being hospitalized first tested positive.  Her friend felt fine that day and the next day when she tested positive, but she went downhill from there the following day.  My DW didn’t end up getting it. 

• Like 1

I would be ecstatic if Royal Caribbean would require a vaccination to sail. It would eliminate a group of people that more often than not are just somewhat annoying and obnoxious in person over the last 3 or 4 years.

I'm vaccinated fully now. So bring it on. 🙂 I expect even with the vaccinated, they'll still at least at first be more conservative with mask requirements and such. That doesn't bother me too much. We need practical experience with actual sailings, without overreactions should there be any issues, to see just how things work out in different circumstances, and being vaccinated is simply going to be an important one to explore in that manner.

With limitations on capacity likely, as well as limited numbers of ships for a while, such limitations, even including having no children under 16 aboard for some time, aren't going to leave much of the supply with no demand.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If it does, then there has to be case studies out there that say it does.   But, there aren't.

It certainly is being "looked at". I'm so hopeful that vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus but only time will tell once more study is done. So far, we have this information.......

Can a vaccinated person still spread Covid?

Also......The point of the vaccines is to prevent severe disease and death. There is plenty of testing that has been done to support those findings.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

It certainly is being "looked at". I'm so hopeful that vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus but only time will tell once more study is done. So far, we have this information.......

Can a vaccinated person still spread Covid?

Also......The point of the vaccines is to prevent severe disease and death. There is plenty of testing that has been done to support those findings.

In the grand scheme of things, isn't that what is really important? If we get Covid-19 to the point where it becomes more if a nuisance than anything else I think the world can live with that.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In the grand scheme of things, isn't that what is really important? If we get Covid-19 to the point where it becomes more if a nuisance than anything else I think the world can live with that.

Does that nuisance include those "long haul" effects that many people are experiencing after recovering from Covid? Even people who were asymptomatic are being diagnosed with "Covid Lungs", a condition which scars the lungs and can leave the lungs in worse condition than smoker's lungs. I was horrified to read that.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Does that nuisance include those "long haul" effects that many people are experiencing after recovering from Covid? Even people who were asymptomatic are being diagnosed with "Covid Lungs", a condition which scars the lungs and can leave the lungs in worse condition than smoker's lungs. I was horrified to read that.

Obviously not. I started my premise with the word IF. I know what covid lung is. I have not seen a lot of info on long term consequences of asymptomatic or mild disease. I don't think there is such a thing as long term data for a sickness that is only a year old.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Your poll was missing an option.

Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise however I am still concerned about the health of everyone around me which is why I will follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

Your poll was missing an option.

Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise however I am still concerned about the health of everyone around me which is why I will follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.

Thanks for your input.  The poll is to check cruisers’ comfort level/readiness to cruise if the vaccine wasn’t required for RCI passengers.  It seems to be one of the bigger sticking points right now.  I was trying to keep the same # of yes and no options.  Does that make sense?

I can now see where the restrictions could still be required even for the vaccinated and they may not cruise if so.  I’m hoping there are minimal restrictions for the vaccinated, at the very least.  I think a lot people are getting the vaccine not just to protect themselves, but also help with getting things back to normal too. 

On 2/27/2021 at 3:10 PM, smokeybandit said:
On 2/27/2021 at 1:41 PM, yogimax said:

Even fully vaccinated persons can transmit the disease to others.  

This is not true. If that was the case, what's the point of vaccines?

A vaccine's purpose is to keep you from getting sick.  It is not to keep you from infecting others - that is why we have physical distancing and mask wearing, and so forth.  So it is possible that you could infect others despite being vaccinated, but I liken it to finding a $5 or $10 bill lying on the ground, compared to the more common finding of a coin. Something that is possible may still need a 'perfect storm' of events in order to happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Qextor said:

A vaccine's purpose is to keep you from getting sick.  It is not to keep you from infecting others - that is why we have physical distancing and mask wearing, and so forth.  So it is possible that you could infect others despite being vaccinated, but I liken it to finding a $5 or $10 bill lying on the ground, compared to the more common finding of a coin. Something that is possible may still need a 'perfect storm' of events in order to happen.

On a ship with 100% of its passengers and crew immunized how can anyone spread the virus to anyone on the ship ???

Of course there is Murphy's Law and a shark could also jump up to the pool deck and steal a lounge chair with someone in it. ..

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Qextor said:

So once the vaccines are available to all who want them do you propose that the vaccinated  continue wearing masks and distancing to protect those who refuse vaccination?

This is also the reason many are advocating for 100% vaccinated sailings. Everyone had protection which should alleviate the need for masks and distancing.

• Like 2

We will NOT get the vaccine. So if they let UNvaccinated passengers on the ship, we should be there. Unless we have to wear a mask still, then it's a big NO. We wont be wasting our money to walk around a ship with a mask on. Just our preference, carry on.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FSHLOT said:

We will NOT get the vaccine. So if they let UNvaccinated passengers on the ship, we should be there. Unless we have to wear a mask still, then it's a big NO. We wont be wasting our money to walk around a ship with a mask on. Just our preference, carry on.....

If the plans for Odyssey's sailings out of Israel are any indication if how things will open in North America vaccines would be required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1