Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

24 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Unbelievably, a year later, there are STILL people who walk around in a panic that even a 60-second encounter with a person who sneezes is definitely going to lead to their death. 🙄 Despite the fact that, as you say, we know a lot more about the virus, we have declining deaths and infections, and more and more people vaccinated. And we don't even know for certain how many people had the virus and the disease and recovered, yet never got diagnosed. I feel sorry for people who are either that ignorant or in complete denial. Some people are still mindlessly parroting the now debunked claim that cruise ships are "floating petri dishes." 😕

I think a lot of those people reside right here on CC....

But I do wonder everyday how much "fun" I am missing out on by refusing to wear a mask where required - airplanes, cruise ships, Key West, movie theaters, etc.  Just read an article today concerning Texas dropping COVID restrictions, but yet Alamo Draft House said they will continue requiring masks in their theaters but the very next sentence says Alamo Draft House filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy.  Hmmm.  There is demand for normalcy more than people realize.  Since the beginning, this should have been left to we the people to make decisions regarding our own health.  But I know statements like this don't do well on cruise critic when run up the flagpole.  

So back to the poll, as others have said - there was not an option for me to vote.  I want normalcy.  I think there will be options for everyone when cruising resumes.  Just like food/entertainment/ports of call, I believe different cruise lines will have different virus restrictions.  Hopefully one of those options will be pre-covid sailing policies AND on a ship that doesn't serve pb&j sandwiches.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HxFx said:

Florida is my home state (born and raised!) and I'm looking forward retiring back there. For now, I am getting ready to head back there for the 5th time in a year. I can't wait to get back down to some sunshine and to feel almost normal for a few days!

Been back/forth couple times last yr Az/MI but stuck here in MI now. After being here in Mi since Halloween scheduled return Az in 10 days, even have Dr get my 3 month meds next week. Oops, hr ago got my First Vaccine Appt this Sat in MI, was going get it down there but surprise change requirements(50+ Med) here. Well at least when they start I'll be set Cruise whatever the requirements. Miss my Grand Babies

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, farmermd said:

But I do wonder everyday how much "fun" I am missing out on by refusing to wear a mask where required - airplanes, cruise ships, Key West, movie theaters, etc.  

Yes, I suck it up for airplanes, I just want to travel! I love heading to the Florida beaches/water (not really beaches in the Keys:-). I wear it where it is required but do avoid those places if I can. I won't wear one for an entire cruise though - maybe just embarkation/debarkation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Yes, I suck it up for airplanes, I just want to travel! I love heading to the Florida beaches/water (not really beaches in the Keys:-). I wear it where it is required but do avoid those places if I can. I won't wear one for an entire cruise though - maybe just embarkation/debarkation.

Then wasnt until end July Masks were required Airports/Airlines I flew. Last June was about 60% that were wearing them(yes I counted). 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, farmermd said:

I believe different cruise lines will have different virus restrictions.  Hopefully one of those options will be pre-covid sailing policies AND on a ship that doesn't serve pb&j sandwiches.    

Lol I think the opposite that cruiselines will be sheep and whatever one does, the others will follow.

I'm ok doing whatever they want me to do at first, in order to prove it's safe to cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I wonder if this ends well

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So far so good. 

I feel like this thread could have gone sideways a half-a-dozen times but nobody is rising to take the bait. Probably because there are so many other threads to duel on. lol

Kudo's for the OP keeping it on track.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmermd said:

So back to the poll, as others have said - there was not an option for me to vote.  I want normalcy.  I think there will be options for everyone when cruising resumes.  Just like food/entertainment/ports of call, I believe different cruise lines will have different virus restrictions.  Hopefully one of those options will be pre-covid sailing policies AND on a ship that doesn't serve pb&j sandwiches.    

I disagree.  I think that all mainstream lines are going to have the same or basically the same requirements and restrictions.  It's not going to be a case of let's go on NCL because they don't require a vaccination .  Or let's take the kids on Royal since they are the only ones that don't require the kids to get tested first.

Edited by molly361

57 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Same.  I suck it up for airplanes and wear a mask (with frequent drink breaks) and for my son's basketball games.  Other than those two things, I haven't worn a mask for more than a total of an hour in the past 12 months.  I have taken at least 6 round trip flights to places and we go out to eat all of the time.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, farmermd said:

I refuse to take an experimental vaccine and I also refuse to go on a vacation that requires a face diaper. 

See Below

5 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Not interested in cruising if I have to wear a mask or am restricted in port in any way.  Nor if vaccination is required. 

If all of the mainstream cruise lines follow Royal's 16+ Odyssey mandate, it looks like you'll be vacationing in Texas, Mississippi and most of Florida for the time being.

1 hour ago, farmermd said:

Just like food/entertainment/ports of call, I believe different cruise lines will have different virus restrictions.  Hopefully one of those options will be pre-covid sailing policies AND on a ship that doesn't serve pb&j sandwiches.    

Agree with Molly361....the mainstream cruise lines will follow one another once one company mandates policy.  One line is not going to be salmon swimming upstream like NCL's carpet.

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I disagree.  I think that all mainstream lines are going to have the same or basically the same requirements and restrictions.  It's not going to be a case of let's go on NCL because they don't require a vaccination .  Or let's take the kids on Royal since they are the only ones that don't require the kids to get tested first.

12 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I haven't worn a mask for more than a total of an hour in the past 12 months.  I have taken at least 6 round trip flights to places and we go out to eat all of the time.

They must be awfully short flights if you haven't worn a mask for more than 60 minutes.    Does your airport you're flying out of require masks? They must not, since that would lengthen the time that you're wearing a mask.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If all of the mainstream cruise lines follow Royal's 16+ Odyssey mandate, it looks like you'll be vacationing in Texas, Mississippi and most of Florida for the time being.

Don't forget South Dakota when it warms up.  They don't have a mask mandate and I think most everything is open at least in Deadwood  and Sturgis.  That is where we will be going.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Don't forget South Dakota when it warms up.  They don't have a mask mandate and I think most everything is open at least in Deadwood  and Sturgis.  That is where we will be going.

I wouldn't go to South Dakota if I got an all expenses paid trip there.  But, whatever floats your boat.  Enjoy.  I'm sure Sturgis has never seen a mask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

They must be awfully short flights if you haven't worn a mask for more than 60 minutes.    Does your airport you're flying out of require masks? They must not, since that would lengthen the time that you're wearing a mask.

Way to misquote me.  You left out a few important words from my sentence.  And as far as the airport goes, I would have a few minutes for each flight (if you don't want to consider the airport time since I specifically said airplanes), but as soon as I get through security I belly up to the bar until it is time to board.  

1 minute ago, bucfan2 said:

May be good for ya...they might scare some common sense into ya...

I hate masks as much as the next guy, but if I have to put up with in order to cruise, I will do it for the short term.  I know everybody likes to wave the flag and say this is America so I'm not going to wear a mask, but at the same time rules are rules and the cruise lines are not going to be as liberal as Texas, Mississippi and Florida once cruising resumes.  The lines are burning through money and they will be conservative when they resume sailing.

7 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Way to misquote me.  You left out a few important words from my sentence.  And as far as the airport goes, I would have a few minutes for each flight (if you don't want to consider the airport time since I specifically said airplanes), but as soon as I get through security I belly up to the bar until it is time to board.  

Didn't misquote you at all.  You said that you never wore a mask for more than 60 minutes and you also said that you took 6 RT flights.  All I said was that those must have been really short hop type of flights if your mask wearing duration was only 60 minutes.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

I hate masks as much as the next guy, but if I have to put up with in order to cruise, I will do it for the short term.  I know everybody likes to wave the flag and say this is America so I'm not going to wear a mask, but at the same time rules are rules and the cruise lines are not going to be as liberal as Texas, Mississippi and Florida once cruising resumes.  The lines are burning through money and they will be conservative when they resume sailing.

Tried deleting my response, but ya got to it first....

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Didn't misquote you at all.  You said that you never wore a mask for more than 60 minutes and you also said that you took 6 RT flights.  All I said was that those must have been really short hop type of flights if your mask wearing duration was only 60 minutes.

Here is the rest of what I said.

I suck it up for airplanes and wear a mask (with frequent drink breaks) and for my son's basketball games.  Other than those two things, I haven't worn a mask for more than a total of an hour in the past 12 months. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The cruise lines will need a lot of people willing to suck it up and cruise with all the restrictions over and over again to keep sailing.  I can see a lot of people taking the cruises they have booked and then saying "not again until it is fun"  While a lot of people will find other places to spend vacation dollars with less restrictions.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The cruise lines will need a lot of people willing to suck it up and cruise with all the restrictions over and over again to keep sailing.  I can see a lot of people taking the cruises they have booked and then saying "not again until it is fun"  While a lot of people will find other places to spend vacation dollars with less restrictions.

Double pts or whatever other incentives might be more of a lure than you think? I'm willing. I don't care. ..but being on triple pts. They could lower prices to get bookings. 250k signed up for mock bookings.

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Because of all the stuff that hit the fan last March, the lines will have to be conservative for the first few months.  We still need test cruises, 60 day mandated wait time by CDC and then short cruises can start.  If this progression starts by Labor Day, then maybe restrictions can start to be lifted in 2022.

35 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I wouldn't go to South Dakota if I got an all expenses paid trip there.  But, whatever floats your boat.  Enjoy.  I'm sure Sturgis has never seen a mask.

SD is a beautiful state and it floats my boat just fine.  Your comment was hateful.

PS I'd take it over NJ any day and I've spent time in both.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I feel like this thread could have gone sideways a half-a-dozen times but nobody is rising to take the bait. Probably because there are so many other threads to duel on. lol

Wish I could go back and edit/delete this.

Apparently, it was taken as a challenge. 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

See Below

Agree with Molly361....the mainstream cruise lines will follow one another once one company mandates policy.  One line is not going to be salmon swimming upstream like NCL's carpet.

Your comments run on the snarkey side and reek of ignorance with a hint of superiority complex.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

SD is a beautiful state and it floats my boat just fine.  Your comment was hateful.

PS I'd take it over NJ any day and I've spent time in both.  

What is hateful about not wanting to go somewhere?  I guess I don't have the freedom to not visit SD, but you have the freedom to not wear a mask.

13 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Your comments run on the snarkey side and reek of ignorance with a hint of superiority complex.

Your inference is way off.  I hate masks like most people, but I will wear them when it's required.  And if it's required for the short term to wear them while I vacation on a cruise, so be it.  No superiority complex here.  I will reluctantly follow the rules because I feel that it's worth it to cruise. 

You, amongst others can also choose to not wear a mask or not get vaccinated.  We don't make the rules, we just play the game.  If the rules of the game are against your wishes, you have the right to not play, and use your vacation dollars elsewhere.  I however will follow the rules because I wish to cruise.

• Like 1