Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

1 hour ago, TACRuisers said:

I have been vaccinated but my wife has not and she is unable to because

of a health issue.  As much as I will miss cruising we will not cruise if

vaccination is required.  Wonder what will happen to our prepaid cruises?

I don’t think you are the only one wondering that same question.  I haven’t seen RCI specifically address that, besides what is in the almighty cruise contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

One could also argue that since we are the richest, most well off nation in the world why not allocate some of our vaccines to other countries who need it but might not have the resources.   Just my opinion and I’ll get flamed for it but I was raised to share good fortune with others!  

There’s nothing wrong with helping else the less fortunate, especially if it looks like we’re starting to get things under control here.  Even helping out an enemy can pay dividends in the future.  Hopefully whatever resources provided are directly related to the vaccines.  

The last I checked, less than 10% of the 1.9 tril COVID relief bill will actually go towards health related items.  It should be renamed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how to answer.  I will not sail if a vaccine is required, because I don't have any intention of getting one.  I will sail as soon as it is available without masks and without any real differences to how they operated 12 months ago.  I am fine with a few differences to food service, such as buffets.  But I want regular bar & entertainment options back to normal.  Then I will cruise.  Until then, I will choose a land destination where I don't have to wear a mask and can do normal things.

(I believe that the US will be at herd immunity within 2-3 months.  Cases are dropping now in most places and by summer it will be all but gone.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't think it is up to RCL to make vaccine mandatory. It is more a CDC guideline. To be honest, if there even one covid case on the ship, it will spread really fast. Sorry if I offend anyone but cruise ship and senior home environment are some what similar. Vaccine is the only choice to avoid bad news from all cruise lines which will embarrass CDC and the politicians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

(I believe that the US will be at herd immunity within 2-3 months.  Cases are dropping now in most places and by summer it will be all but gone.)

And then along came Texas and Mississippi.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

And then along came Texas and Mississippi.

If nothing else these two states will be a good experiment. Since they are dropping restictions no matter what you, I, or anyone else thinks about it, lets embrace it for what we can learn instead of prejudging the outcome.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

You left out Florida which has been open with no mask mandate for quite awhile now.  

We don't have a mask mandate here in Florida but every single retail store, hair salon, box store, restaurant and grocery store that I frequent requires masks for their patrons, customers and employees. I can count on one hand the amount of maskless people I have encountered in any one of these indoor venues I just mentioned. Seems we didn't need a state wide mask mandate to know what was the correct and safe thing to do.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KsucAts said:

I will not sail if a vaccine is required, because I don't have any intention of getting one.  I will sail as soon as it is available without masks and without any real differences to how they operated 12 months ago.  

You realize that you will be taking land based vacations for awhile.  Should be lots of availability in Texas and Mississippi.

11 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

We don't have a mask mandate here in Florida but every single retail store, hair salon, box store, restaurant and grocery store that I frequent requires masks for their patrons, customers and employees. I can count on one hand the amount of maskless people I have encountered in any one of these indoor venues I just mentioned. Seems we didn't need a state wide mask mandate to know what was the correct and safe thing to do.

Not a true statement at all regarding the stores I frequent in Florida.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You realize that you will be taking land based vacations for awhile.  Should be lots of availability in Texas and Mississippi.

That is fine if that is what it is.  Going to Florida this summer and have no problem going there with every vacation until things get back to normal everywhere else.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Not a true statement at all regarding the stores I frequent in Florida.

I was speaking of my local area. Florida is a large state. I'm not in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, BTW.

Edited by coffeebean

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yep. Those few have been saying Florida was doomed. It never happened. What is their agenda?

M8

I wonder the same thing from those that say NY is doomed.  I had a good laugh about it one day when I was *gasp* sitting at a bar indoors.

3 hours ago, atgood said:

There’s nothing wrong with helping else the less fortunate, especially if it looks like we’re starting to get things under control here.  Even helping out an enemy can pay dividends in the future.  Hopefully whatever resources provided are directly related to the vaccines.  

The last I checked, less than 10% of the 1.9 tril COVID relief bill will actually go towards health related items.  It should be renamed. 

It is called the American Rescue Plan, health isn't even in the title, not sure what you are seeing - and it is quite popular

"A new poll from Morning Consult shows that 77% of Americans support the American Rescue Plan — including 59% of Republican voters."

30 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

It is called the American Rescue Plan, health isn't even in the title, not sure what you are seeing - and it is quite popular

"A new poll from Morning Consult shows that 77% of Americans support the American Rescue Plan — including 59% of Republican voters."

Some are not doing their due diligence. While it "sounds" good.....there are lots of helpful things in the bill....the sad part is that the bill is only about 20% for Covid relief. The rest is plain old pork. If we could cut out all the partisan parts and leave the "good" stuff....I'd bet that support percentage would skyrocket.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/24/latest-pork-packed-covid-relief-bill-costs-too-muc/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1