Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

9 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you being delayed getting back on board isn’t their top concern. 

Wouldn’t be a fun time to be a governor !  Can’t win no matter what decision you make.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

It is called the American Rescue Plan, health isn't even in the title, not sure what you are seeing - and it is quite popular

The media has widely referred to it as a COVID-19 relief bill.  Thanks for providing the official name. 

• Like 2

It would be interesting if everyone took a few days and watched/read/listened to different media outlets and then came back to make follow up posts on here.  Maybe we wouldn’t recognize one another.  Lol.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, atgood said:

It would be interesting if everyone took a few days and watched/read/listened to different media outlets and then came back to make follow up posts on here.  Maybe we wouldn’t recognize one another.  Lol.  

Media is bad info all around ! Seek out smart people who are directly involved with the pandemic.  Everyone would discover the truth is somewhere in the middle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, singinalot said:

my answer doesn’t match any of these options 🤷‍♀️

Well that’s a bummer.  I tried to avoid that that from happening without making the options too complex.  

• Like 1

I realized later on I could’ve added one for

Sign me up.  I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. And something along the lines of not wearing a mask.  

That would’ve been my preference most likely.  However, I felt like we were not very close to being able to do that when I started the poll and the RCI cruisers I know usually are willing to follow RCI’s guidelines. 

Since then, states started to eliminate mask mandates. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atgood said:

I realized later on I could’ve added one for

Sign me up.  I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. And something along the lines of not wearing a mask.  

That would’ve been my preference most likely.  However, I felt like we were not very close to being able to do that when I started the poll and the RCI cruisers I know usually are willing to follow RCI’s guidelines. 

Since then, states started to eliminate mask mandates. 

Option #4 seemed closest to "none of the above".   Or no plans to cruise as long as there are restrictions.  I know it's not worded that way but that was my choice. I'm taking a wait and see approach.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Keksie said:

Yes it is.  I am ever so glad I live here.  

Florida is my home state (born and raised!) and I'm looking forward retiring back there. For now, I am getting ready to head back there for the 5th time in a year. I can't wait to get back down to some sunshine and to feel almost normal for a few days!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I purposefully haven’t provided my answer in other forums because there hasn’t been a lot of openness to allow me to do so. I know exactly where it will get me. Again though, it’s my personal answer and doesn’t mean I think everyone else should have the same.

sign me up. no experimental jab, brain swab, or mask required. Freedom only.

Thats all I will say.

I get it, I go back and forth all the time. I'm willing to take some risk if it means getting back to normal but that doesn't even seem to be the case if I do get the shot. I have some time to make a decision before I'm eligible so we'll see...

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

You can tell us in your comments then. Inquiring minds want to know.

Not interested in cruising if I have to wear a mask or am restricted in port in any way.  Nor if vaccination is required.  DW probably had it, I definitely had it, neither of us plan on getting vaccinated.  That option wasn't in the poll.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I voted #1 because I and my wife are both signed up to receive the vaccine (as a side note, we both had Covid and have recovered). We would still cruise with the unvaccinated, though. Something I haven't seen addressed here is distinguishing "you can get it" from "you're likely to get it." I use the example of my house. If I'm concerned about a break-in, I can have:

1. Motion sensitive lights to detect someone

2. Video doorbell

3. Alarm system

4. A firearm

5. Dial 911

You get the idea. The more barriers you have, the better.

When it comes to the Covid virus, I can be vaccinated, wear a mask, limit my exposure to people, wash my hands frequently, spend lots of time outside in the fresh air, and other mitigating factors. Is any one of those factors a 100% guarantee I can't get infected? No, and it doesn't have to be. But taken together, my risk is greatly diminished.

It *may* or may *not* be the case that vaccinated individuals can still get the virus. But I highly doubt it's very high, and anyway, Covid-19 has a very low fatality rate to begin with. (if you're not over 65 with many comorbidities, your chance of dying is close to 0%) YES, I will cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

I purposefully haven’t provided my answer in other forums because there hasn’t been a lot of openness to allow me to do so. I know exactly where it will get me. Again though, it’s my personal answer and doesn’t mean I think everyone else should have the same.

sign me up. no experimental jab, brain swab, or mask required. Freedom only.

Thats all I will say.

I don't think you are alone.  I know that is me and my family also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I voted #1 because I and my wife are both signed up to receive the vaccine (as a side note, we both had Covid and have recovered). We would still cruise with the unvaccinated, though. Something I haven't seen addressed here is distinguishing "you can get it" from "you're likely to get it." I use the example of my house. If I'm concerned about a break-in, I can have:

1. Motion sensitive lights to detect someone

2. Video doorbell

3. Alarm system

4. A firearm

5. Dial 911

You get the idea. The more barriers you have, the better.

When it comes to the Covid virus, I can be vaccinated, wear a mask, limit my exposure to people, wash my hands frequently, spend lots of time outside in the fresh air, and other mitigating factors. Is any one of those factors a 100% guarantee I can't get infected? No, and it doesn't have to be. But taken together, my risk is greatly diminished.

It *may* or may *not* be the case that vaccinated individuals can still get the virus. But I highly doubt it's very high, and anyway, Covid-19 has a very low fatality rate to begin with. (if you're not over 65 with many comorbidities, your chance of dying is close to 0%) YES, I will cruise!

That's right - the media is acting like we are still in March 2020 where we weren't totally sure who was at risk, how often someone was dying, etc - we know so much more about who is at risk - and yes most people under the age of 65 the risk is LOW.   Furthermore, our adjusted annual mortality rate for 2020 is less than 1999-2003 and basically equal to 2004 & 2005.  What does this data tell us?  I'll let everyone think about it..

I remember a certain member asked me if I was "willing to pay roulette with Covid19" a while back - yes I am.  Statistically if I got it I would be completely fine.

Again, haven't heard much from the long covid folks in a while.  

IMG_2839.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheMastodon said:

I remember a certain member asked me if I was "willing to pay roulette with Covid19" a while back - yes I am.  Statistically if I got it I would be completely fine.

Unbelievably, a year later, there are STILL people who walk around in a panic that even a 60-second encounter with a person who sneezes is definitely going to lead to their death. 🙄 Despite the fact that, as you say, we know a lot more about the virus, we have declining deaths and infections, and more and more people vaccinated. And we don't even know for certain how many people had the virus and the disease and recovered, yet never got diagnosed. I feel sorry for people who are either that ignorant or in complete denial. Some people are still mindlessly parroting the now debunked claim that cruise ships are "floating petri dishes." 😕

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Unbelievably, a year later, there are STILL people who walk around in a panic that even a 60-second encounter with a person who sneezes is definitely going to lead to their death. 🙄 Despite the fact that, as you say, we know a lot more about the virus, we have declining deaths and infections, and more and more people vaccinated. And we don't even know for certain how many people had the virus and the disease and recovered, yet never got diagnosed. I feel sorry for people who are either that ignorant or in complete denial. Some people are still mindlessly parroting the now debunked claim that cruise ships are "floating petri dishes." 😕

I feel sorry for people that are now being kept in their bunkers by all these SCARY "variants" 

• Like 8