Marc Walker headed to Harmony of Seas

That's great to hear.  I'm sure we will be hearing announcements soon on european sailings this summer.  I'm just not sure they will allow US residents to board but maybe since vaccinations will make the difference.

I'm booked for a baltic sailing on jewel in august and just no sure it will happen.

Lets hope they allow US Residents to lift and shift to 2022 if they so choose, even if they do allow US residents. Not comfortable going over seas or just how much ports on itinerary are affected, not getting the real European cruise like we signed up for.

Edited by Jimbo

I really hope Harmony will sail and that I will be able to get the vaccine in time to sail as booked at the end of September. We booked for the ship (actually for Allure originally but Harmony will do instead) rather than the ports, so a modified itinerary wouldn't be a deal breaker for us. 

However, I can totally understand folks not wanting to come all the way over from the States and not get the Europe experience they were looking for. In those circumstances, I think I would want to postpone too.

19 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m impressed by his work ethic

Totally agree. I'm friends with him on another social site and I posted today that he should consider writing a book about his experiences this past year. His positive attitude, unbreakable spirit and will do determination to work any job that would feed his family should be a lesson to us all. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I saw his post and since he had a UK Post Box in the picture and he said he will see his Mum I am guessing that Harmony is heading to Southampton.

Needs her 5 year drydock as well

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And bump her departure date by a day. 

I typically use bump to indicate moving forward to say Oct 30, and push to move it back to say November 1

Just semantics 

Bump it up a day

Push it back a day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Just read the post. Sounds like it will be going to England. 😳

The talk in the media here is that the international travel date opening up for UK  being pushed back till the end of June or July. 

The worry is of a third wave from Europe undoing all the hard work getting our rates down this last few months. 

If there are cruises from the UK I think they will just be domestic, at least until late Summer 

Edited by sgmn

30 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Dreamkiller.....

Bad choice of words at this time. This is only a cruise, who cares, 10 people in Boulder, CO lost their lives yesterday senselessly !  The officer had 7 children. Ages 5 to 18.

Edited by Jimbo

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Bad choice of words at this time. This is only a cruise, who cares, 10 people in Boulder, CO lost their lives yesterday senselessly !  The officer had 7 children.

Last I checked, this was a cruise board. No disrespect meant. And my daughter used to live in Sandy Hook, so I'm familiar with senseless violence.

mac_tlc

• Like 4

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Needs her 5 year drydock as well

Harmony is currently headed for Cadiz and into dry dock.

Spain is still closed. Not sure whether there is really such a big demand for UK cruises to nowhere in May. They already have quite a few ships for the restart there (P&O, Cunard, Fred Olsen, Marella, Viking, MSC).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Harmony is currently headed for Cadiz and into dry dock.

Spain is still closed. Not sure whether there is really such a big demand for UK cruises to nowhere in May. They already have quite a few ships for the restart there (P&O, Cunard, Fred Olsen, Marella, Viking, MSC).

steamboats

There apparently is a massive demand as the P and O website has crashed and phone lines are permanently engaged with the number of people trying to book the cruises.