Do I need to bring pants? :)

It's been 6 years since I was on a Royal Caribbean ship and I hear they have relaxed a bit on the dress code since then. Do I need to bring pants at all? What CAN I wear in the various dining venues?

Can I eat every night in main dining room in shorts? or do I have to wear pants on the formal nights?

Chops? Izumi? Giovanni's?

Before you reply, notice I asked what CAN I wear. I am not interested in a starting a dress code flame war thread. I am not asking your opinion of what I SHOULD wear. I just want to know what I CAN wear in the dining venues without issue from the crew.

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, NightOne said:

It's been 6 years since I was on a Royal Caribbean ship and I hear they have relaxed a bit on the dress code since then. Do I need to bring pants at all? What CAN I wear in the various dining venues?

Can I eat every night in main dining room in shorts? or do I have to wear pants on the formal nights?

Before you reply, notice I asked what CAN I wear. I am not interested in a starting a dress code flame war thread. I am not asking your opinion of what I SHOULD wear. I just want to know what I CAN wear in the dining venues without issue from the crew.

Thanks

You can wear adult clothing to fit the occasion. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Prior to shut down, shorts were allowed in the MDR for dinner on first night and pants required every other night thereafter. Actual enforcement of the rule varied from ship to ship.

By the beginning of March 2020, "enforcement" was nonexistent everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Do I need to bring pants at all? 

I just want to know what I CAN wear in the dining venues without issue from the crew.

No. You can wear a dress. Tell your mommy to pack at least a pair of short pants for you.

Totally up to the staff at the entrance to the MDR or the other dining venues for that are specific to your cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My DH was not allowed to wear a tank top in the MDR; might have been cause he has a sexy (IMO) but fairly hairy body, so was asked to cover up a bit more. No problem. Only thing that kind of bothers me (not sure about you other ladies) was seeing butts in thongs or string bikinis sitting on bar stools. Eeeww!  TMI?

Cheers!!🥂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There’s been lots of data and plans thrown about over the last few weeks; case rates, lifting restrictions, numbers of vaccinations administered, travel corridors etc etc but you really know there’s light at the end of the tunnel when dress code is a topic on CC 🎉🎊

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have seen shorts in the MDR on formal night for the last several years. So, my answer would be yes, you can wear shorts in the MDR. I cannot answer about the specialty restaurants, we don't dine there.

One night we got back from port and were starving.  I had on capris and DH had on shorts.  They wouldnt let him in MDR.  He had to go change while I got drinks ordered.

Usual rule is shorts and Jean's only allowed in MDR first night only.

Rarely ever see anyone in shorts for dinner in speciality restaurants.  Most people dress up or do smart casual style.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I see shorts everywhere.  Like dead people.

I see them in every specialty restaurant, every cruise.

That's odd as I rarely see them.  I did notice allure was lot more relaxed on dress code than serenade was jan 2020.  

• Like 1