Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

Okay. Again with the frustration.  We prebooked and paid three specialty dining through the website.   The app does not show them, the website does not show them and the travel summary does not show them..  when I try to redo the reservations on the app, it wants me to pay again.  that is too much $$ to lose.  I am so disgusted with this. Another call to only wait on hold for an hour to be told nothing they can do.  This time I am going to just demand they refund me the dining fees and I will book onboard.  

41 minutes ago, mina said:

Okay. Again with the frustration.  We prebooked and paid three specialty dining through the website.   The app does not show them, the website does not show them and the travel summary does not show them..  when I try to redo the reservations on the app, it wants me to pay again.  that is too much $$ to lose.  I am so disgusted with this. Another call to only wait on hold for an hour to be told nothing they can do.  This time I am going to just demand they refund me the dining fees and I will book onboard.  

Have these charges hit your credit card?  If so, then I think the only thing you can do is get on the phone with Princess.  Sorry.  If you get no satisfaction, then I guess you should call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, voljeep said:

OK, here goes - I don't do ' apps ' but did do the 'old' MC app a couple of years ago now ... no problems and had OM in hand when boarding

so, how do I just 'update' that app without deleting it, and installing the 'new and improved' app ?

Android or IOS?

I have a Samsung phone a few years old.  I have Play Store on it.

I had the old version on MedallionClass app  on this phone, tried to update and lost the MedallionClass app on the phone.

I have Play Ocean app to play games.

I have tried getting the MedallionClass and my phone says “your device isn’t compatible with this version”.

Any help to get MedallionClass App on my phone?

Also have Samsung phone, which is not the newest.   Funny thing is, when I downloaded the old version of the Medallion Class app over a year ago for a May, 2021 Alaskan cruise (cancelled, of course), everything worked fine.  Now....it's a giant mess.  I thought I read that we could start making dining reservations effective today for our cruise in Nov., but no way.  Already have deleted and re-uploaded the Medallion Class app. twice.   

Wish Princess would do a better job with their "technical updates"...

10 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Also have Samsung phone, which is not the newest.   Funny thing is, when I downloaded the old version of the Medallion Class app over a year ago for a May, 2021 Alaskan cruise (cancelled, of course), everything worked fine.  Now....it's a giant mess.  I thought I read that we could start making dining reservations effective today for our cruise in Nov., but no way.  Already have deleted and re-uploaded the Medallion Class app. twice.   

Wish Princess would do a better job with their "technical updates"...

I have Play Store on my Samsung in Canada.    Where did you find MedallionClass App?

10 minutes ago, phabric said:

I had it on my Sansung then tried to update and lost it.

If it's not compatible with your version of Android it probably doesn't show up in the selection of apps. My phone is running Android 11 and the app is there for me. My tablet is running Android 7 and the Medallion Class app doesn't show up for download.

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If it's not compatible with your version of Android it probably doesn't show up in the selection of apps. My phone is running Android 11 and the app is there for me. My tablet is running Android 7 and the Medallion Class app doesn't show up for download.

I take it back. I looked again and the app is nowhere to be found. I even went to the Princess site and clicked on their link to download it (they have links for both Android and iOS) but the url is invalid. The MedallionClass app has been removed from the Play Store.

27 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ain’t this a great app ?

Funny thing is, I still have the app on my Samsung phone, but cannot now find the app to download to our tablet.   Nowhere to be found.  Tried the links from Princess site as Thrak did and it's a no-go.  

Princess sure needs to do a better job with this soon or they'll be dealing with a lot of unhappy cruisers.

• Like 1

There won’t be any cruisers as we can’t get into the MedallionClass App to fill in ALL the information they need us to have to sail with them.

They might loose some cruisers that don’t have smart phone or IPad.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

There won’t be any cruisers as we can’t get into the MedallionClass App to fill in ALL the information they need us to have to sail with them.

They might loose some cruisers that don’t have smart phone or IPad.

I think it was in the webinar, the rep said "surely you can find your grand kids or someone to upload the info for you" if one does not have a smart phone or the app...

For my Sky 2019, it was on the old MedallionClass App, you did not need all the information as the new App since most of your information was on your Personalizer.

I was able to use the Old MedallionClass App to put my information and my friend’s as she does not own any phone, hardly ever uses her IPad without someone shows how to use her IPad many many times.

Yes, you could get “someone to upload your info for you” BUT you need a smart phone/IPad to do it on.  Do they think a grandchild will give up their phone for you to use for a 7 days or longer cruise.

Edited by phabric

Has anyone been able to make Dine My Way reservations for cruises besides the next one? I can only make reservations for my first cruise but not for the 2 later cruise.

During the webinar the question was asked about how far in advance DMY reservations can be made & they said on any cruise booked currently up to 2023.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Has anyone been able to make Dine My Way reservations for cruises besides the next one? I can only make reservations for my first cruise but not for the 2 later cruise.

During the webinar the question was asked about how far in advance DMY reservations can be made & they said on any cruise booked currently up to 2023.

I am Elite. 

I booked Dine My Way for my paid in full May 2022.

I booked Dine My Way, for unpaid Sept 2022 with under same time each day.  Book individual daily reservations was unable to book.

I could book Dine My Way for unpaid Dec 2022 but did not at this time as we are 12 and will decide at a later date.

Edited by phabric

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am Elite. 

I booked Dine My Way for my paid in full May 2022.

I booked Dine My Way, for unpaid Sept 2022 with under same time each day.  Book individual daily reservations was unable to book.

I could book Dine My Way for unpaid Dec 2022 but did not at this time as we are 12 and will decide at a later date.

Thanks...we're also at the Elite level and could make daily reservations for the same time at the same dining room for our October 2021 cruise. Despite what was said during the webinar we have not found a way to reserve dining times for both of our 2022 cruises. Based on their statements being at the Elite level I don't have to make payment in full before making dining reservations for all of our cruises.

I haven't found a way to do it but hopefully it's added soon because just like before through the Cruise Personalizer we want to make our dining reservations as soon as possible.

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks...we're also at the Elite level and could make daily reservations for the same time at the same dining room for our October 2021 cruise. Despite what was said during the webinar we have not found a way to reserve dining times for both of our 2022 cruises. Based on their statements being at the Elite level I don't have to make payment in full before making dining reservations for all of our cruises.

I haven't found a way to do it but hopefully it's added soon because just like before through the Cruise Personalizer we want to make our dining reservations as soon as possible.

You should be able to set them up the same way.  Are your other cruises showing?  Click on the picture in the upper left hand corner.  Your cruises should all be listed by date on the left hand side.  Choose the one you want and it will bring it up so you can add all your info.  Mine are there but I know there have been problems for some.

56 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

As another poster said, to do Dine my way and Specialty reservations for additional cruises, click your picture in the upper left, pick the cruise, then "x" out and go to dine my way and perform all desired functions. We were able to do our specialty reservations for all future cruises a few minutes ago 🤗

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Have these charges hit your credit card?  If so, then I think the only thing you can do is get on the phone with Princess.  Sorry.  If you get no satisfaction, then I guess you should call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

Yep they did and one was PayPal.  So yes I will be on the phone with them again.  What a mess.

36 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Try doing each day under “book individual daily reservations”, choosing the same time each day, making sure in the same room.

The other day, I did that on May 2020, most days I had one dining room, a few days in another room.  The ones in the few days with the different dining room, I went back to redo and got most dining room, so each day same time and same room.