Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Frank, I still have the old App on my phone. Do I need to remove it and download the new version. Also the old App is showing a cruise that Princess canceled months ago.

The old app & now the newly installed updated app show in the countdown a cruise cancelled by princess months ago. Several cruises have been booked & cancelled since that one, but it WILL NOT GO AWAY! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Steelers I wonder about sharing tables post-Covid19. We really enjoy Sharing

Of course table-sharing will return, but I was speculating they might just have mainly 2-tops for the first several cruises. 

Ok, after plowing through 15 pages of this thread and working with the Medallion app, there was an update of the Medallion app on IOS, sometime after 9:30 pm Pacific Time.

It fixed the bit where you wanted the same time and dining room every night.  You don’t get as a default Crown Grill which was the case hours ago.  I had already selected two nights where we wanted Crown Grill and Share, so I cancelled the nightly Da Vinci 7pm appointments for those nights.

What you can’t do, and this was our “default” is select a dining room, and ask for a table of six like Traditional Dining.  You can add people if you have their booking number but not “unknown” passengers.  The default is table for 2, no other options other than that so far.

Just FYI, we are both Elite, and on this voyage (Ruby, 9/11), suite passengers (thanks to a FCC of 125% from a cancelled cruise), even though it’s not June 6th or whatever date is supposed to be the kickoff.  Things may still change as we go forward. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Redwing I would think the My Time would suit you more than anyone - it is hard to get Anytime at 5:00 unless you line up a long time before MDR opens.

Maybe we've been lucky, but most times we've had little to no wait with that early slot.  I don't know how we lucked out since I've read about so many folks being frustrated with anytime.  I suspect it's that they came like at 45 minutes after it opens so one might have to wait until first wave clears.

I do commend Princess on our last 2 cruises.  They opened up part of the TD rooms for anytime.  That clearly helped relieve a ton of pressure.  We rarely saw lines that cruise.  In fact, the lines we saw were usually those waiting to get in for TD.. They weren't long, but there were some lines. .. I think most found those quite acceptable.

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Not for me Gloria…just updated it through the Apple Store & it’s been an improvement for me but for some it’s been a nightmare.

I deleted all of the prior individual apps that were originally used & only updated the MC app which includes all functions into one app. 👍

OK, here goes - I don't do ' apps ' but did do the 'old' MC app a couple of years ago now ... no problems and had OM in hand when boarding

so, how do I just 'update' that app without deleting it, and installing the 'new and improved' app ?

maybe my wife can get our granddaughter to do it when she visits them at the end of the month ???

8 hours ago, nreeder said:

there was an update of the Medallion app on IOS, sometime after 9:30 pm Pacific 

Yesterday, I was able to do Dine My Way and pick my times.

Today, lost my profile picture, asked to log in. They have various ways to log in,  I tried my email and password, tried booking #, tried my cabin #.  No luck.

I hope I have not lost my dining time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

@Host CJSKIDS, suggest this be a sticky at least for the next 6 - 12 months.  Lots of interest in it.  As Princess returns to sea, there will be both users accessing MedallionClass to setup various dining options and then input from early cruisers.  No doubt there will be changes, bug fixes, or enhancements as more cruises get going.  

@Steelers36 done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Today, lost my profile picture, asked to log in. They have various ways to log in,  I tried my email and password, tried booking #, tried my cabin #.  No luck.

Yep, everything worked fine after I downloaded the update yesterday, now cannot login at all!  Perhaps it's all in prep for tomorrow's launch but it just annoys everyone lol

Edited by dides

22 minutes ago, dides said:

Yep, everything worked fine after I downloaded the update yesterday, now cannot login at all!  Perhaps it's all in prep for tomorrow's launch but it just annoys everyone lol

I’m having issues signing into the medallion app today as well. 

Hope you haven’t lost your info.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

i can't get into Princess.com the 'regular' way today - for the first time in a long time ...

weekend maintenance, huh ?

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

OK, here goes - I don't do ' apps ' but did do the 'old' MC app a couple of years ago now ... no problems and had OM in hand when boarding

so, how do I just 'update' that app without deleting it, and installing the 'new and improved' app ?

maybe my wife can get our granddaughter to do it when she visits them at the end of the month ???

Through the Apple App Store I check for all of my downloaded app updates & select the Update All option which yesterday included the updated MedallionClass app (version 3.1.1). There’s no need for me to delete apps before updating them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dides said:

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

56 minutes ago, voljeep said:

i can't get into Princess.com the 'regular' way today - for the first time in a long time ...

weekend maintenance, huh ?

Yesterday after the update the MC app also worked okay for me but I didn’t see any improvements. Now it doesn’t auto-log like previously & I can add my email address to the MC app sign-in but the wheel keeps spinning when attempting to add my password.

Apparently the weekend techies are working on the system because I also cannot sign-in on the Princess site…maybe they’ll be ready for tomorrow’s official launch date. 🤞

6DDB8B8D-A048-4C83-B475-20CD21CC13BA.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Great idea Princess but not everyone has an iPhone for crying out loud. Be nice if your Android app actually worked. We want our dining time changed for our upcoming 4 day in November but the app doesn't have the option to change it and when I call in all I get is "sorry, you have to do it on the app" but I dont have an iPhone, cant help ya there either because the update to the app was done on only for iPhones. For the record, in February of 2021 Android controlled 72% of the market share for mobile phone operating systems. Not releasing both apps at the same time makes absolutely no sense whatsoever but if you're going to do that, how about leaving the option to change dining options with the passenger and travel rep on the phone. And what about people who dont have cell phones or are not interested in using their cell phones for this?  

• Like 2

My MedallionClass is again working with automatic sign in.

My Dine Way times  booked yesterday still there.

Can not book FREE specialty dining without paying/adding credit card.

I have Dec 2022 cruise booked, the other 5 cabins were already add under Travel Companions, not yesterday.

No able to change emergency contact number.

I am Elite, not able to book Sept and Dec 2022 Dine My Way, yet, not paid in full.

Edited by phabric

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

My MedallionClass is again working with automatic sign in.

My Dine Way times  booked yesterday still there.

Can not book FREE specialty dining without paying/adding credit card.

I have Dec 2022 cruise booked, the other 5 cabins were already add under Travel Companions, not yesterday.

I am Elite, not able to book Sept and Dec 2022 Dine My Way, yet, not paid in full.

You have never been able to book specially dining without paying. All free specialty restaurants have always needed to be arranged on board. As suite passengers we just show up at the Crown Grill and they always have room for us on the first night

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

You have never been able to book specially dining without paying.

As you can see in this Princess slide that is changing to allow complimentary specialty dining advance reservations.

88EBA494-F811-462C-ADE2-78493354A62D.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

As you can see in this Princess slide that is changing to allow complimentary specialty dining advance reservations.

88EBA494-F811-462C-ADE2-78493354A62D.jpeg

I don’t believe complimentary first night specialty dinners for suites is considered a dining credit. But things they are a changing so who knows

The update last night appears to have wiped my passport/travel document information. I can't go in to fix it because the app "cannot load ocean ready".  The app was working well for me until they tried to roll out the new dining stuff, now it's incredibly glitchy.  Thankfully my next Princess cruise is in January, so I have time.  I'd be banging my head against a wall if I were sailing soon.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Galvcruiser said:

Thankfully my next Princess cruise is in January, so I have time.  I'd be banging my head against a wall if I were sailing soon.

I didn't even bother looking at our January cruises. They are to Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania. No way will those cruises happen. I only checked out our May cruise to Alaska. It leaves out of Vancouver but, hopefully, Canada will open up for cruises by then.

12 hours ago, phabric said:

Same for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

We had specialty dining as part of princess Plus and last night when making reservations, it had the credit on there.

It had the credit on there for me, but it would not let me book using DW's credit. It said the cost for two would be $58 less a credit of $29 for a total owed of $29. I did not complete the booking. I guess I could book a table for one for me using my credit and DW could log on her account to book a table for one for her using her credit. I wonder if the head waiter would be able to place the two tables for one close together.

13 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

It had the credit on there for me, but it would not let me book using DW's credit. It said the cost for two would be $58 less a credit of $29 for a total owed of $29. I did not complete the booking. I guess I could book a table for one for me using my credit and DW could log on her account to book a table for one for her using her credit. I wonder if the head waiter would be able to place the two tables for one close together.

Another example of slipshod IT work.  And likely business analysts not really understanding the real-world experience on a ship.  It would be so easy to fix this with the right resources.

• Like 2