WHEN DO YOU THINK CRUISES WILL HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS

mcrcruiser

46 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I think you will see restrictions phase out over time.

Agree . This will not be a situation with a firm delineation between restrictions and no restrictions . In fact some aspects of the cruising  experience may never return to pre-Covid times while others will be gradually lessened . 

I've got a late February '22 cruise booked which I will cancel if the restrictions remain too severe . I can certainly accept some Covid measures but not all of them . I believe and hope hope hope to be on that cruise . 🤞

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

see my post above.  He is now clearly exceeding his legal authority or trying to expand his legal authority.  This is the kind of statement that gets him into trouble.  

He was saying people may choose to wear masks in the normal flu season as that seemed to really diminish the cases of flu this past flu season.

That statement in no way constitutes a legal requirement, only an observation by him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Every week we keep asking or polling these questions no one has answers too. Why?😁

It will be what it will be when it will be!

I understand it if they are close to final payment but I shouldn’t have said anything.  I swore off these threads.  Now I am bowing out. 

10 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I understand it if they are close to final payment but I shouldn’t have said anything.  I swore off these threads.  Now I am bowing out. 

Your thoughts and opinions count. We all question but have no answers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Last I checked Hawaii was doing quite well in vaccinating their own citizens and were welcoming tourists.  I think the HAL cruise stops in Ensenada to comply with US regulations concerning foreign ports and Mexico is welcoming tourists.  So as I see it the only obstacle is the CDC.  Personally wearing masks is not a real bother to me though I do understand those who have breathing difficulties not wanting a mask.  

Hawaii welcomes tourist's dollars more so than the tourists.  If you had checked at all you would know that a visit to Hawaii is currently burdened with the full gamut of required tests and masks.  Visitors who do not comply are arrested and sent home.

igraf

Edited by igraf

7 minutes ago, igraf said:

Hawaii welcomes tourist's dollars more so than the tourists.  If you had checked at all you would know that a visit to Hawaii is currently burdened with the full gamut of required tests and masks.  Visitors who do not comply are arrested and sent home.

igraf

Agree. There is a huge trend of blaming everything on tourists, while gladly taking tourist money. Maui just implemented a secondary test upon arrival, with the island health officials firmly saying there would be at least a 1% positivity rate. (They are waiving the secondary test for vaccinated people.) In the first couple of days over 2500 people were screened. There were exactly zero positives. But the island continued to have 15-20 new cases of residents. 

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Every week we keep asking or polling these questions no one has answers too. Why?😁

When people are anxious or worried or curious about a situation, it's natural to talk about it with others. That's what CC is here for!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I always look for your posts, Mary229, because I find them interesting, and your viewpoint shows you care not just about and for yourself, but for others as well.  Please consider taking a break to "recharge your batteries" and then rejoining us.

Be smart and stay safe!

Deb

5 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I think you will see restrictions phase out over time.  I know you want no masks in public places but I will be surprised if that is gone by early 2022.  We are on the same cruise by the way and would probably wear masks whether required or not in places like the theater.  We enjoyed no cruise crud or colds since we started wearing them.

Kirk  If every one is vaccinated & they do a quick test  at the embarkation pier ,shouldn't it be totally safe  while on the ship ,regardless of the area  . The only issue would be pax going ashore  may have to wear masks ,so that they do not come back with the virus  or virus variant  or perhaps additional quick  testing at each port   . 

We certainly want a meet & Greet as planned   & other fun activities  for CC member on the ship

I can  totally understand   your  feeling about wearing a mask in the theatre with a 1000 people or more  .It is really strange when we stop to think about how the buffet might be different las well as seating in the dining room  .Even the gym & spa might require some thing different . We  hope not  as it wouldn't be the same feeling of a past Hawaii cruise  .Then again ,the sailing from SD is in a winter month  ,so we can only hope :classic_rolleyes:

Aloha

Cliff

21 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Kirk  If every one is vaccinated & they do a quick test  at the embarkation pier ,shouldn't it be totally safe  while on the ship ,regardless of the area  . The only issue would be pax going ashore  may have to wear masks ,so that they do not come back with the virus  or virus variant  or perhaps additional quick  testing at each port   . 

We certainly want a meet & Greet as planned   & other fun activities  for CC member on the ship

I can  totally understand   your  feeling about wearing a mask in the theatre with a 1000 people or more  .It is really strange when we stop to think about how the buffet might be different las well as seating in the dining room  .Even the gym & spa might require some thing different . We  hope not  as it wouldn't be the same feeling of a past Hawaii cruise  .Then again ,the sailing from SD is in a winter month  ,so we can only hope :classic_rolleyes:

Aloha

Cliff

I think it depends on the cruising conditions.  Can the cruise line  guarantee everyone is vaccinated on the cruise?  If so I would say December.  If not then a couple years at least.

No one knows how long the vaccinations will be good for.   As soon as the antibodies start declining or new variants pop up and everyone needs a booster, then we will be back to square one.   

Edited by cruzin4us

7 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

Fauci was saying that we may have to wear masks every winter to prevent outbreaks of Covid. So, I could see cruises requiring masks seasonally. 

Deleted. 

Edited by harkinmr

Relax! Deep breathing!!

When can we resume cruising? Back in December, I was hoping for September...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2768260-whos-booked-for-september-2021/

Right now, I think that we should just restart a few itineraries and hope for the best. Take it one month at a time. What will be, will be. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I need to wear a mask and not be allowed off the ship unless I have to be on a ship tour. I won't be cruising again.  I am required to wear a mask for 8 hours a day now at work.   It is hot and unpleasent.  I got two vaccines, suffered the side effects twice (chills, fever, body aches and just felt like I had been run over by a truck for two days after each shot) and now I am asking myself.  For what?  I still have to wear a mask at work and in a number of stores.  And now the cdc has decided in their wisdom that even being vaccinated I will still need to "suit up" with a mask, social distancing if I spend thousands of dollars to have a vacation!   (At least at work they pay me to wear a mask I don't pay them!)

and now from what I read the cdc is saying only 95% and 98% of the crew needs to be vaccinated.   How in the world can a cruiseline decide who will need to be vaccinated and show proof and who will not???  Why do I need to show proof of a vaccine and the next passenger does not?

The cdc is setting up the cruise lines to fail with an outbreak.  This is a "We told you so moment" that the cdc is just sitting back and waiting for!

If the cdc is allowed to continue with these arbitrary decisions cruises may never be allowed to sail from US ports without restrictions!

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Aloha

Cliff

I agree that if everyone is vaccinated, wearing a mask maybe overkill.  I think a few factors come into play.  The lines, under current guidelines are allowed some non-vaccinated crew and passengers.  Second, rules tend to be rather sticky once implemented.I will say it could take years before cruising returns to pre-pandemic experience.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

When will they drop absolutely ALL restrictions? About the same time that airports drop ALL the post 9/11 security precautions.

I wish I could disagree with you, but I think you are 100% correct.

And how much of the airport security measures are more for show than actual security? In 2015, I had a walking boot as I was recovering from a broken ankle. It contained a lot of metal buckles. In Newark, the TSA people almost competed to walk me through without having to remove it, but in Amsterdam there was a no nonsense order to take it off.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

In Newark, the TSA people almost competed to walk me through without having to remove it, but in Amsterdam there was a no nonsense order to take it off.

Security is only as good as the officer that is administering!

• Like 2

Bottom line, we're not cruising on any line that requires masks. With everyone, pax and crew, being vaccinated why the need for masks? Enough is enough, either the vaccines work, or they don't. We did our part. We wear our masks when required. We got vaccinated. Those that don't want to get vaccinated, stay home. It's time to move on with our lives.

Edited by TriumphGuy
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, igraf said:

igraf

I recently vacationed in Hawaii and did not find the requirements burdensome. I was tested before I left home, received a wristband before my flight departed from Seattle which showed my clearance and wore my mask as required.....no big deal. Many attractions and restaurants in and around Waikiki were closed but it was still beautiful Hawaii!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

Bottom line, we're not cruising on any line that requires masks. With everyone, pax and crew, being vaccinated why the need for masks? Enough is enough, either the vaccines work, or they don't. We did our part. We wear our masks when required. We got vaccinated. Those that don't want to get vaccinated, stay home. It's time to move on with our lives.

While I agree with your sentiments, you may not be cruising for a while.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Million dollar question which Holland America Headquarters probably doesn’t even  know!

They probably have a fairly good idea ... BUT they definitely do not want to say!  

• Like 1