CDC says no more masks for the vaccinated, so now what?

cruisestitch

Hopefully this will serve as a huge incentive for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated.  It's now all personal responsibility.  If you are not vaccinated you need to protect yourself by social distancing and wear your mask.  Those people should avoid, concerts, ball games, cruises, etc.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

New announcement today, so now what??????

I’m ALL for no more masking!  I’ve played it safe for 14 months now.  Done with the mask but if you decide, as is your right, to not get the vax, hope they do not allow you on the ship.

• Like 28
  • Haha 1

The CDC has proven itself to be a political body first and a public health agency second.  This has been true for decades, but has only come to wide exposure in the last year.  So my personal take is:

You want to wear a damned mask....go ahead.  It's a free country.

You don't want to wear a damned mask....go ahead.  It's a free country.

Besides - most of the "masks" worn by the populace aren't medical grade in the first place (and have prominent disclaimers on the packaging).

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

CDC says no more masks for the vaccinated, so now what?

That means I need to be a lot more careful!  I've gotten used to smirking at idiots and they couldn't tell.  i just might do that out of habit now!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

New announcement today, so now what??????

It means no mask requirement if you are vaccinated in both outdoor and indoor areas.  HOWEVER masks are still required, even if vaccinated, on all public transportation - planes, trains, buses, cruise ships until further notice.  Just hold your horses, the restrictions on public transportation will be soon be lifted if you cooperate and we can get this pandemic under control.  We're getting closer every week.  Stick with the program because we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

It means no mask requirement if you are vaccinated in both outdoor and indoor areas.  HOWEVER masks are still required, even if vaccinated, on all public transportation - planes, trains, buses, cruise ships until further notice.  Just hold your horses, the restrictions on public transportation will be soon be lifted if you cooperate and we can get this pandemic under control.  We're getting closer every week.  Stick with the program because we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

What article did you read where "cruise ships" were specifically included in the list of public transportation. I'm not seeing it in the reference made in this one.

The new advice comes with caveats. Even vaccinated individuals must cover their faces and physically distance when going to doctors, hospitals or long-term care facilities like nursing homes; when traveling by bus, plane, train or other modes of public transportation, or while in transportation hubs like airports and bus stations; and when in prisons, jails or homeless shelters.

C.D.C. Says Vaccinated People Can Go Maskless in Most Places (msn.com)

1 hour ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

However, the CDC apparently also said:

Fully vaccinated individuals are still advised to wear masks while in crowded indoor settings such as while on public transportation (public transport is down by 70%) and in hospitals (God willing no), prisons (I don't plan on it) and homeless shelters (but for the Grace of God, not happening that I know of).  

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What article did you read where "cruise ships" were specifically included in the list of public transportation. I'm not seeing it in the reference made in this one.

They're included as conveyances under the Mask Order. That hasn't been amended or rescinded, at least yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markeb said:

They're included as conveyances under the Mask Order. That hasn't been amended or rescinded, at least yet. 

Sounds good. I just didn't see "cruise ships" specifically referenced in any of the articles being published today. Hopefully, those changes will be coming to the CSO in the days and weeks to come.

Just now, Covepointcruiser said:

Each state and county has their own rules.   In Maryland, our governor is not updating the mask requirements until 70% of our state have been vaccinated.    Hope other states have more sensible rules.

Come on down to Florida.  We are down to allowing businesses to decide whether to wear a mask.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

👄👄👄👄   I can wear lipstick again and use my teeth whitener. Freedom is Fabulous 🙂

I just put lipstick on my pig, we are going to fly all around the neighborhood, lipstick on pigs while flying, Freedom IS Fabulous!!!!!

• Haha 1

Before you throw away that mask consider that 8 fully vaccinated players and coaches on the NY Yankees just tested positive.  All had received J&J.  7 are asymptomatic.  One vaccinated player had also gone through covid in the off-season.

Just happy I received Pfizer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Come on down to Florida.  We are down to allowing businesses to decide whether to wear a mask.  

But refusing to permit cruise lines to require proof of vaccination. Double standard?

1 minute ago, TMLAalum said:

But refusing to permit cruise lines to require proof of vaccination. Double standard?

at least the people who actually LIVE in FL are actually LIVING their lives.  

• Like 6