CDC says no more masks for the vaccinated, so now what?

cruisestitch

9 hours ago, Merly said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but people who have had the Pfizer vaccine have also caught COVID.  My daughter being one of them. 

And some people die from the flu vaccine. There will always be outliers. Perhaps you could elaborate on exactly what symptoms your daughter had and how long did they last. Or was she asymptomatic?

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Nope, #2 is actually correct - Studies have shown that transmission is reduced significanty but NOT impossible. That is a slight, but significant difference!

Not according the the CDC as of yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Look at the science. No you can't transmit and you MIGHT get sick like a cold.

There are new articles out today about people who have fallen ill with COVID after vaccination. Cause for some concern.

6 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Not according the the CDC as of yesterday.

This is still developing. We don’t really know what the widespread effects of these vaccines are yet. Articles today reflect new “breakthrough” cases of COVID after vaccination....

Just now, CI66774 said:

There are new articles out today about people who have fallen ill with COVID after vaccination. Cause for some concern.

Not really. A little over 9,000 out of 165,000,000. It is well within the efficacy rate for these vaccines. When they say a 5% percent CHANCE, that doesn't mean 5% will get Covid after vaccination. Just that there's a "chance". Currently we are only seeing a .5% rate of getting Covid after vaccination. Well below the "chance". And as far as the Yankees, we have no idea if they followed proper protocol up to 2 weeks after the second shot or even after the first.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Not really many still wear masks and stores and restaurants require them. That will change for some I am sure. Many people don't do what the FL governor says. We do what makes sense for our situation.

Don't know where you are in Florida but in Central Florida, masks in stores are only "requested". And no restaurants are mandating them. DeSantis has done an excellent job of getting FL through this as opposed to other States.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Not really. A little over 9,000 out of 165,000,000. It is well within the efficacy rate for these vaccines. When they say a 5% percent CHANCE, that doesn't mean 5% will get Covid after vaccination. Just that there's a "chance". Currently we are only seeing a .5% rate of getting Covid after vaccination. Well below the "chance". And as far as the Yankees, we have no idea if they followed proper protocol up to 2 weeks after the second shot or even after the first.

They all only had one shot, J and J, and yes, no reports of whether they followed protocol.  Or more importantly, contact tracing.   Did all 8 get it from an unvaxxed individual or were they infected by someone who was vaxxed.

Some of the questions answered here

Edited by ECCruise

6 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

And several of the NYY received the one dose J&J shot.  Nothing to see here...

9 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

They all only had one shot, J and J, and yes, no reports of whether they followed protocol.  Or more importantly, contact tracing.   Did all 8 get it from an unvaxxed individual or were they infected by someone who was vaxxed.

Some of the questions answered here

Good article from a trusted source.  So seven asymptomatic cases and one case that recovered in 4 DAYS. I have been suspicious of the J&J shot from the get go and glad I got Moderna.

Edited by Aloha 1

46 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Look at the science. No you can't transmit and you MIGHT get sick like a cold.

Of 117 million people who have been fully vaccinated, there have been 9,245 verified cases of people getting Covid.  The majority of them mild.

EDIT:  LINK

Edited by K.T.B.

No doubt mask and distancing requirements will continue to be relaxed as time passes, albeit at different rates across the U.S. and other countries.  But, it is interesting to note that the public health strategies employed to deal with COVID (i.e. masking and distancing) have had some pretty dramatic impacts aside from slowing the pandemic.

In the U.S. during the 2019-20 flu season there were roughly 300,000 clinically confirmed cases of influenza reported to the CDC.  (It is estimated that actual clinical testing for influenza only occurs in about 5% of cases).  The current 2020-2021 flu season has seen 2,100 clinically confirmed cases.  There has also been a corresponding decline in deaths resulting from influenza (down from an estimated 22,000 in 2019-20).

Also noteworthy, I thought, is the fact that nearly 50% of U.S. adults received the flu vaccine last year.  So far about 46% of adults in the U.S. have been fully vaccinated for COVID, a disease that has killed

over 26 times as many than the flu.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

And some people die from the flu vaccine. There will always be outliers. Perhaps you could elaborate on exactly what symptoms your daughter had and how long did they last. Or was she asymptomatic?

Wow. My point is that it doesn’t matter which vaccine you have there is always a risk that you will still get the illness. Mostly people who had the shot don’t have severe symptoms. Yes you can still get the flu after being vaccinated. 
I also find it interesting how people compare which vaccine they have. Do they all ask which flu jab they have? 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Maybe you're reading between the lines.  The word "impossible" isn't there

Geez, twisting like an eel 😂

First you dispute medtech71’s statement that vaccinated people can still infect others by claiming studies say, I quote your words, “the viral load is so low you won’t infect others.” Then you deny that you did and now you think that the word “impossible” isn’t there explains it all. 

Your words “you will not infect others” do not leave any room for interpretation or reading between the lines...

Simply admitting that you were wrong or imprecise would show class - this, however, is pathetic.

Edited by Miaminice

7 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Another example of the doom cult in action.  Daughter caught the virus.  Nowhere did it say anyone passed away.  But the big tenet of Fauci Faith is "Covid = Death".  Which is absolutely far from the truth.

Thank you for confirming my left handed comment.

2 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Of 117 million people who have been fully vaccinated, there have been 9,245 verified cases of people getting Covid.  The majority of them mild.

Pulling out my ol' slide rule, that works out to about 0.007%.  Meaning 99.993% didn't. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

I don't see any requirements for them to be Mongolian.....   Must be in the very tiny print, right?

And if they happen to be Mongolian with no one being sick on board, they can double in the Galley making Mongolian Barbecue like their mother used to make? 😄

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Geez, twisting like an eel 😂

First you dispute medtech71’s statement that vaccinated people can still infect others by claiming studies say, I quote your words, “the viral load is so low you won’t infect others.” Then you deny that you did and now you think that the word “impossible” isn’t there explains it all. 

Your words “you will not infect others” do not leave any room for interpretation or reading between the lines...

Simply admitting that you were wrong or imprecise would show class - this, however, is pathetic.

In case you did not read post #76

"There must be nothing left for you to argue about.  If the the viral load is low that the CDC isn't worried, that's good enough for me.  Vaccinated people aren't a threat to anyone.  Period."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

They also love our Rocky Mountains in the Summer.

I won't even get started again....lol  Last time when we started talking (land) destinations, etc. they deleted everything road-trip related and shut down the thread 😳 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Crucero said:

I see you live in the Villages.  Isn't that the place where the wealthy conservative white residents were given priority for the vaccine by your excellent governor?

I don't live in the Villages. However the reason they were selected by the Governor was because of the shear concentration and magnitude of the 65+ residents which at the time was the priority. Demographically the Villages have 79,372 residents of which 81.6% are 65+ The median age is 71.7.

There is another 55+ community over an hour away with about 10,000 residents who were also given a vaccination priority based upon the 65+ age group. See attached screen shot for their demographics.

The decision in both cases was age based not as you insinuated. Your statement appears to reek of racism or reverse racism.

Solivita demographics.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

People are moving everywhere.

We are absolutely inundated with Floridians moving here to Western North Carolina, so all must not be peaches and cream there.  Not to mention the thousands and thousands of Floridians visiting here every week, many with intentions of moving here. 

How many of those moving to the cooler mountains of NC were originally Northerners who didn't like the Republican Gov and conservative attitudes in FL or just simply couldn't take the heat?

5 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

This whole thread has gone well off track, but I’ll have to respond to this:

WHAT!?!?! The Villages are 70% Hispanic?? Have you been there. I have for a meeting and that is just off, waaaaaay off.

Here is Wikipedia:

The Villages CDP was 98.3% White, 0.3% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, and 0.3% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race made up 1.8% of the population.

Den

I believe he was discussing the other 55+ community that was an hour away? Why does everybody hate the Villages? Who cares what color their demographic is?

Edited by TrulyBlonde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1